Total Solution This has to be it!

I don't know anything about the JUDD diet, never read up on it but 8lb a month is good especially if that still gets you to goal this year.

At one point early on I had thought of doing SW or WW when I come back from my holiday but now my plan is to stick to Exante, now just got to hope that the willpower will still be there when I get back in July.

Enjoy your shopping trip - lol think of the steps :) xx

Oo I've just read up about that diet as I hadn't heard of it either - I really like the sound of that - I could use exante packs on my down days. Might try it in a few weeks.

I know a few people who do that diet and have had great success on it. I plan to do that to maintain when I reach my goal.

I also think I'd like to do intermittent fasting when off Exante. Hope the shopping trip is nice:)

I will have to look that up at some point, sounds interesting.

Enjoy your shopping day out Cate xx

There are various intermittent 'fasting' diets but all based on very similar principles. There is section on here for the Johnson Up Day Down Day Diet (JUDDD diet), devised by Dr. James Johnson, but there's also The Fast Diet devised by Dr. Michael Mosley and Mimi Spencer and then the 5:2 Diet Book by Kate Harrison. Main difference is with the JUDDD diet you fast for three days, not two. And I too intend to use these principles, coupled with massively reducing my 'sugar' intake (i.e. including bad carbs as detailed in the I Quit Sugar for Life book) to maintain once I hit goal. A friend of mine has done really well on this diet losing over three stone and hasn't put anything back on in in three years.

Had a great shopping trip with my BFF in Cardiff, April. Went to the McCarthur Glen designer outlet centre just outside Bridgend. Picked up some knickers (thrilling - not - but necessary), a pair of Skechers wedges (gorgeous but no good for any serious walking and step accumulation although they're very comfortable), an eyeliner and lipstick for me and three Saltrock T-shirts, two Ben Sherman shirts, one Gap shirt, some M&S boxers and socks for James. The discounts there are really good. The Ben Sherman shirts were down from £26 to £8 and the Ts were down from £15 to £5!! Couldn't leave them there at that price and after the wardrobe clear out last week, James was in serious need of some new clothes.

Took a packet of vanilla shake with me to have some in a coffee and later sat in the food court while April tucked into an egg mayo Spud U Like and I had sparkling water and a double chocolate bar. Just home now, dropping off my purchases, picking up a shake and heading up to hers to join James, her kids and husband for BGT. Looking like it could be a 100% day today as no cheats so far today and I won't cheat at hers. Plus lots of steps - no idea how many but we were walking round for the best part of 3.5 hours although at 'shopping' pace so not exactly exerting ourselves. Still, better than 3.5 hours lying on the sofa!! Hope everyone's having a good day.

Sounds like a successful shopping trip. Here's to a 100% day!:)

Sounds like a good day to me Cate - it's a McArthur Glen outlet village that I'm taking TH to next week (she's going to skip along happily ;)), I'm really looking forward to it - I'm after sunglasses and some Molton Brown shower gels......and knickers! x

Sounds like a good day to me Cate - it's a McArthur Glen outlet village that I'm taking TH to next week (she's going to skip along happily ;)), I'm really looking forward to it - I'm after sunglasses and some Molton Brown shower gels......and knickers! x

I might wear my roller boots to pass the time! X

Lol. We've got one fairly near to here to. Now that I'm mobile again I think a visit to the Boundary Mill Store near Rotherham will be soon due. I've been to the Newcastle one before but not this one. Looking forward to seeing what it's like.

You got some bargains there cate.

How you doing today xx

So I am officially 2lbs down this week. This could have been more but I had a bad day of cheats yesterday and even ate an enchilada so there was a tortilla involved - carbs!!!! - so I am OK with this. If I can be good for the next week I'll probably see a better loss next Monday as I think I've probably had a temporary gain in the last 24hours. Anyway, have hit my first goal of 16 stone (actually did this five days ago) so definitely into the 15s next week, assuming I don't suddenly lose the plot and have Indian takeaways for the next week. LOL. So here we go for the next four weeks and aiming to be 15st by the end of it - that's another stone to go and there are a couple of mini goals in there that will also be achieved in this next stage of my weight loss. Looking forward to getting them ticked off. It's great when you can start ticking off your goals. Wishing everyone a lovely BH Monday - it's finally stopped raining here and looks like it's going to be a lovely day.

Well done with your weight loss - every bit counts! I'm sure it won't be long before you're in the 13s. Hope you have a great day today.

Well done Cate, bring on the 15s :D xx

Well done cate x

Think my 10 and a half year old is becoming a teenager, 2.5 years early. He woke up at 12.15pm and is now sitting next to me munching a bacon buttie, which I've had to make him, of course. The smell is gorgeous. So far, all I've had is a couple of coffees with a teaspoon of vanilla shake in each. Time for my first Exante of the day. Can't decide whether to have a shake or a bar.

Thinking about eating that enchilada last night. I only had one, with a side of iceberg lettuce with a drizzle of olive oil as dressing, and you know, it was enough. Usually, I'd probably have had two and then, in all likelihood, finished off the third just to get rid of it, even if I wasnt' still hungry which, let's face it, would have been pretty unlikely after having already eaten two. This is why I am fat. I just go OTT in terms of my portion sizes an eating food so as to not throw it away. My sister, who is slim would probably have just had one. I have to curb my greedy pig tendencies once I get back to real food.

I wish my mother had curbed my appetite more when I was a kid. I remember on a Sunday roast, which we had every Sunday, I was allowed to have five or six roast potatoes. Then, there would always be pudding, something she'd made like apple pie or treacle sponge or trifle and I was always allowed seconds and sometimes even thirds. This obviously was nothing to do with feeling hungry still but sheer greed as I used to be totally stuffed afterwards. Thing is, I was always a skinny kid because I did loads of exercise so she wasn't worried. Problem only arises later when the greed habit has become ingrained and the exercise stops. James has naturally greedy pig tendencies too so I am actively trying to educate him into balancing his calories now. E.g. if he has a chocolate bar after his meal he's not allowed sweets or biscuits later in the evening although he can have some fruit. And I talk to him about why that is. I don't want him to end up with a weight problem when he grows up. I don't want him to waste his life with weight issues like I have wasted so much of mine.

So, it might not just be the enchilada responsible for my less than impressive 2lb loss this week. TOT whenever it turns up has arrived out of nowhere. My last period arrived 1st May so this is a couple of days early for a normal cycle and seeing as how I can't remember when my last one was before that I'm a bit peeved. Fewer periods are about the only upside to menopause. LOL. How come people complain about missing periods when they start Exante and for me, for the first time in God knows how long, I've had one two consecutive months? Life is so unfair but yet another reason not to be down about the 2lbs.

Back