Total Solution This has to be it!

Okay, so have just Googled my washing machine problem and think I've blocked the pump filter. Am going to leave it now tonight (11pm) and go to bed with Daniel Craig - not literally, tragically; Quantum of Solace is on so shall watch this for a bit and then try and get some sleep and tackle the washing machine in the morning. Hopefully I'll be able to sort it out myself. :fingerscrossed: Weigh-in tomorrow. Hope it's a good one.

Was just heading off to bed where Daniel is still waiting for me and an email popped into my inbox from my oldest BFF from school. Her dad has died on holiday in Madeira. Had just been celebrating his 84th birthday with his partner, was walking from a restaurant and just collapsed from a stroke, hitting his head. And that was that. The docs think he had a blood clot which caused the stroke. Such a shock but on reflection she's glad he went like that. I'm glad for her too as my dad had Alzheimer's and watching that for 7 years wasn't nice. Has taken my mind off tonight's washing machine drama.

What a traumatic night for you, I can't advise on the washing machine I really wouldn't know where to start :(

Such sad news for your friend, that will be an awful thing to deal with how sad x

4lbs off this week. Very happy with that. That's 20lbs in five weeks. So, 10lbs to get down to 15st. Am aiming to do that in no more than three weeks then hit 14st four weeks after that. That will then be the start of the school summer hols. Feeling positive but still got the washing machine to sort out!!

Well done on your loss Cate! That's brilliant. Fingers crossed your washing machine can be sorted quickly!

Had to pull the washing machine out to see if I can fix it. I can't. Will have to call a handyman. But OMG, the state of my floor under the machine. Talk about embarrassed. It was filthy. And the top where you can't reach to wipe left a lot to be desired too. Am I the only one who doesn't pull out their machine to wash the floor and wipe the top? Please say no!! Will have to start doing this every couple of months or so, if I remember. At least now when the handyman comes on Thursday I'll be confident knowing that when he pulls the machine out the floor won't show me up. Mum did all the towels for me so that's done too. Hopefully by Thursday 11am this drama will be over and it won't have cost me an arm and a leg. Had to shell out £50 this morning for a couple of part-worn tyres because a friend's husband pointed out that they were both bald!

Well done on your 4lb loss that's great keep up the good workx

brilliant loss Cate, well done.

No you are not the only one regarding the washing machine lol. Mine has broken down twice in the last 5 months & each time I promise that I will pull the thing out & clean underneath every month. Doesn't happen though lol.

Hope he can fix it on Thursday. Handy that your mum lives near by xx

Well done on your loss but OMG what a drama with washing machine! We had ours flood us a few months ago, not fun!

:wow: fabulous loss well done Cate xx

And no I've never pulled the washer or anything else out to clean below them....and don't have any plans to either :D

Well done Cate!

Well done Cate!! 4lbs is great!! Sorry to hear about your washing machine but glad its nearly sorted. Mine is filthy....definitely needs a good clean....soon!! X

Thanks all - for both the congrats and the commiserations over the washing machine saga. So glad to know I'm not the only here with dubious cleaning standards!!! I need one of those women off 'Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners' to pop round. In fact, I'd pay for one to come for a week while I went on holiday. Coming home to a shiny, clean house. Bliss.

Thanks all - for both the congrats and the commiserations over the washing machine saga. So glad to know I'm not the only here with dubious cleaning standards!!! I need one of those women off 'Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners' to pop round. In fact, I'd pay for one to come for a week while I went on holiday. Coming home to a shiny, clean house. Bliss.
Oh that would be bliss! I'm the type of person who would love a spotless and immaculately organised house but hasn't the inclination to do it! Lol

Oh that would be bliss! I'm the type of person who would love a spotless and immaculately organised house but hasn't the inclination to do it! Lol

I've lost the inclination since I had a child. Frankly, to my mind, there's just no point with kids. I do it once a week and if people are unlucky enough to call round the day before cleaning day then it's just tough. I've got better things to do than spend 8 hours a day cleaning which is what most of these people seem to do, if not more.

I've lost the inclination since I had a child. Frankly, to my mind, there's just no point with kids. I do it once a week and if people are unlucky enough to call round the day before cleaning day then it's just tough. I've got better things to do than spend 8 hours a day cleaning which is what most of these people seem to do, if not more.

I know! I have a friend who gets up at 5.15am and cleans for 1.5 hrs, gets ready, comes to work then when she gets home, clean again after dinner til 10-11pm! She spends hours on her day off....mind you her house is like a show home!! And she loves it!! Mad!!! Im with you on this, I don't have kids but a messy OH so once a week is plenty!

Have a good day xx

I'm a surface cleaner at home, if it can be hid in a cupboard or drawer in it goes lol.

Hope today's gone well Cate x

So with you on the cleaning with kids! Since Olivia became mobile, I can only do a proper clean once a week. Hope you've had a fab day.x

Life is way too short to be always cleaning for me - though I've often thought it would be great to 'catch' OCD for one week a year :) x

Not a good day from a calories point of view but no carb cheats. Have ended up having four Exante products plus a two egg omelette with cheese, ham and chives. For some reason I've been really hungry. Anyway, these things crop up from time to time. Back on track tomorrow. It's my freelance office day so that's usually a good day for me as too much other stuff going on to think about my stomach and also manage to drink loads of water.

Back