Total Solution This has to be it!

Hi Cate, you are doing so well, 3lbs a week will put you at your goal weight by the end of October. You can do this in the time you wanted x

I find it really hard to motivate myself to exercise, but always feel better for doing it. Do you have a local walking group? There are a few around here that meet on different days, and split the walk according to ability, from gentle strolls for everyone to long treks and nordic walking for the more energetic. Also a good chance to work the jaw muscles :)

You're doing so well Cate regardless! I know what you mean about being frustrated with small losses but at least it's a loss.

It's always hard to get going with exercise especially because if you over do it you may make yourself frustrated and hungry!

Slow and steadily you are winning your race so far!

I roasted a chicken tonight for James' tea. Obviously there was loads of it because there are only the two of us. I've had some with some salad as my meal tonight. No Exante packs today at all. So, I've had a 'food' weekend, kind of, but not stressing. Didn't do my food week so looking on this as an alternative. Again, no carbs. Having had this little bit of an indulgence (funny how chicken and salad becomes an indulgence when VLCDing when in normal circumstances it would be nothing of the sort) I'm feeling better about the week ahead. That and having made my decision to have a low carb evening meal if and when I feel the need. Weigh-in tomorrow. Let's see what that brings now after tonight.

And it's a week since the washing machine saga, well in a couple of hours. That has flown by! Wishing everyone a pleasant evening.

Barbecue food sounds yum. And congrats on the loss x

I think that if being TS isn't doing it for you then you are right to try another diet that you feel will - otherwise as well as doing a diet not right for you you're also always constantly fighting the not succeeding feelings and they are the pits -- you do whatever is right for you, that's all that matters xx

Hello there just caught up with your diary since I've been AWOL! Your doing really well!!! Don't b hard on yourself over the odd blip, at least when you do eat your sensible about it and you don't raid the chocolate drawer like I would!! Xx

Just having a muse. I am feeling really satisfied tonight after today's eating. Not in the last bit hungry and have no desire to snack. Obviously it's not because I've overeaten because I haven't. Just goes to show how much food we can comfortably get by on. If I hadn't been dieting I would probably have had the following entirely unnecessary extras which would all amount to unnecessary calories. Breakfast: probably a bacon sandwich as it's the weekend. Lunch: buttered bread rolls with the burger and sausages, although if I'd been eating bread I'd probably only have had one of each whereas I did have two sausages; portion of pavlova; glass of wine. Dinner: roast pototoes, stuffing and gravy, wine and something sweet after. Then tonight I might have picked on some cheese and crackers or crisps, although I might not. I think today I have eaten how a skinny person eats. Kate, the mum, who is extremely thin, too thin for my liking in fact, ate what I did at lunch except she didn't have a second sausage and she's not on a diet! She just eats very little normally. I have to learn to eat like a skinny person if I'm to keep this weight off once I reach goal.

Also, it's interesting for me to realise that I haven't craved or missed chocolate, cake, biscuits or anything sweet while doing this, not even right at the beginning. I know I've cheated but I've not once been tempted to cheat on these things and not having any booze hasn't been a problem either apart from last Sunday after the washing machine drama. But that was only because I was stressed out. I don't need this stuff and I can quite easily do without it so why do I stuff myself with it when I'm not dieting. This is a major part of my problem. If I could stay off all this rubbish I wouldn't have half the weight issues I have right now. So it's portion control and not eating so much rubbish in the future. Combined with a couple of days of fasting every week and that will hopefully enable me to maintain my weight going forward. Hardly rocket science but we all know, it's not that we don't know what we should do, it's that we just don't implement it.

Last edited:
So, as I suspected, 2lbs down this week taking me to 218lbs leaving me 8lbs to shift in next two weeks if I'm to achieve the target I set for myself last week of being 15st in three weeks. Better get serious. Hope everyone has a good day.

It seems to me after reading peoples diaries that some where along the line you realise the mistakes we have made with food the triggers etc

You seem to have recognised your eating habits and put a plan in place to change long term.

Well done you will get there!

I've been doing some maths. If I want to boost my weight loss by 1/2lb a week I need to be another 1750 cals per week down, assuming that 3500 cals amounts to 1lb which I know is disputed but I'm taking that as a rough guide for this purpose. So, that's 250 cals to shift through exercise daily. On my mini trampoline, at my current weight, I can apparently burn 115 cals in 20 mins moderate rebounding; so have to aim for 2 sessions daily. Thing is, I can do this while watching TV so there really is no excuse.

I like your muse, I do like the results of late night thinking! You are right in that people who are and stay slim do eat less on a regular basis and it's a matter of training your body and mind to do this - they still have occasional splurges but they are occasional and not an everyday thing.

Re the exercise can you fit some walking in? I've got to admit that it's not shifting my stomach (sadly) but it's definitely toned up my bum and thighs and I've now got muscles there that I would never have thought possible!

I have had a salad again today for lunch. It was gorgeous. Spoon of vanilla in coffee first thing, then a shake about 10am and then a salad 2pm. Am still feeling totally full now at 4.30pm. Will be having a shake between 6-7pm and that will be that. Oh and at least 20 mins on the rebounder; break myself in gently!

I have become obsessed with salad. I can't quite believe it. I used to read those celebrity interviews where someone would be saying 'I really love salad' and think, yeah right!! Cynical or what? LOL. But right now that's me. In fact, right now, if someone asked me if I wanted fish and chips or salad I'd choose the salad. It's like I've been through some kind of aversion therapy. The thoughts of stodgy food like pie and chips or fish and chips makes me feel quite repulsed. I just don't like the idea of all that 'heavy' food in my body. It would be great if this feeling lasted!

The feeling can last and I really hope it does, so glad that you're feeling happier with the diet now that you've amended it to suit xx

So pleased you are feeling so positive about the diet and food in general.

Glad you are enjoying the salads, one thing I have missed along with green beans, broccoli and fruit.

Keep up with the good choices and have a good rebound workout tonight x

Well done on the loss! I'm so with you on the fresh, healthy food. Had my first salad in three weeks today (food week) and it was sooooo yummy! X

The positivity must be catching! Love it!! You are doing soo well and with you will power and healthier choices you will get to where you want to be! X X

Hi Cate,

Glad your food tastes have changed. I feel the same. I think the packs are so processed that you start to crave fresh, healthy food. Whatever the reason it can only be a good thing! I had a massive junk binge on Friday and felt so awful and sluggish all weekend. I got my juicer out yesterday and feel a million times better today. Keep up the good, healthy work x

Start weight: 18.7
Prep week: 17.13 (-8lbs)
Week 1.1: STS, ill, off plan
Week 1.2: 17.9 (-4lbs) only on plan for 3 days
Week 2: 17.2 (-7lbs) 80% on plan
Week 3: 17.2 (STS)
Week 4: 17.3 (+1lb) not dieting

I have had a salad again today for lunch. It was gorgeous. Spoon of vanilla in coffee first thing, then a shake about 10am and then a salad 2pm. Am still feeling totally full now at 4.30pm. Will be having a shake between 6-7pm and that will be that. Oh and at least 20 mins on the rebounder; break myself in gently!

I have become obsessed with salad. I can't quite believe it. I used to read those celebrity interviews where someone would be saying 'I really love salad' and think, yeah right!! Cynical or what? LOL. But right now that's me. In fact, right now, if someone asked me if I wanted fish and chips or salad I'd choose the salad. It's like I've been through some kind of aversion therapy. The thoughts of stodgy food like pie and chips or fish and chips makes me feel quite repulsed. I just don't like the idea of all that 'heavy' food in my body. It would be great if this feeling lasted!

I can second that. Whenever I have had a slip up (and I have had a few, including one that lasted until almost yesterday) I crave fresh healthy food. And the impact it has on your emotional well being, on how you sleep etc is enormous.

Hi Cate,
I must admit to not reading every entry in your diary since i was here last, mainly because i'm at work.... shhhhhhh! You seem to have a great handle on things, keep up the good work!

Back