Total Solution This has to be it!

Hi Cate,
I must admit to not reading every entry in your diary since i was here last, mainly because i'm at work.... shhhhhhh! You seem to have a great handle on things, keep up the good work!

I am getting more of a handle on it most of the time but mainly because I've made the decision not to be eaten up by guilt and feelings of failure when I cave. I am lucky though because I did have a meltdown over the weekend but was lucky in that it was a craving for salad and nothing really detrimental. Believe me, I still have my moments but I just haven't wanted to binge on chocolate, crisps or other junk and that is just a matter of luck for me and something I can scarcely believe myself!! :eek:

I am getting more of a handle on it most of the time but mainly because I've made the decision not to be eaten up by guilt and feelings of failure when I cave. I am lucky though because I did have a meltdown over the weekend but was lucky in that it was a craving for salad and nothing really detrimental. Believe me, I still have my moments but I just haven't wanted to binge on chocolate, crisps or other junk and that is just a matter of luck for me and something I can scarcely believe myself!! :eek:

Hi Cate, I don't think it's luck that you haven't wanted the junk. I think it's because you see it for what it is and have made healthy choices. The way I feel about junk food at the moment is that it's not going to make me feel good or better about myself; it's what got me into this situation in the first place. Long may this way of thinking last x

I need to stick with it and not feel like I am missing out and move on.

This is a line from one of Moonlight's posts on her diary that got me thinking. Isn't it funny how, when we're dieting, we can get down about other people eating because we feel we're 'missing out'. The great thing about a VLCD though is that if you're relatively good you don't have to 'miss out' for very long; it's finite. What I think would be better for us all when this hits is to think about what we are missing out on by NOT losing the weight. If you're anything like me you've missed out on: feeling good about yourself; wearing nice clothes; social occasions; doing fun things with your kids; feeling confident; a new job or a holiday; a new relationship - in effect we are missing out on LIFE. If we don't take a stand and lose the weight we are missing out on so much more than a takeaway, a bowl of chips, a bar of chocolate, a piece of cake, a few glasses of wine etc, etc. Let's put this 'missing out' as it relates to food into context and realise that we're not missing out on very much at all, and it's only temporary, while staying overweight and unhappy with ourselves can have us missing out on life for years to come. Which is more important?

Sermon over!!

Last edited:
Hi Cate,
I must admit to not reading every entry in your diary since i was here last, mainly because i'm at work.... shhhhhhh! You seem to have a great handle on things, keep up the good work!
Ooh Texas Tornado :D

This is a line from one of Moonlight's posts on her diary that got me thinking. Isn't it funny how, when we're dieting, we can get down about other people eating because we feel we're 'missing out'. The great thing about a VLCD though is that if you're relatively good you don't have to 'miss out' for very long; it's finite. What I think would be better for us all when this hits is to think about what we are missing out on by NOT losing the weight. If you're anything like me you've missed out on: feeling good about yourself; wearing nice clothes; social occasions; doing fun things with your kids; feeling confident; a new job or a holiday; a new relationship - in effect we are missing out on LIFE. If we don't take a stand and lose the weight we are missing out on so much more than a takeaway, a bowl of chips, a bar of chocolate, a piece of cake, a few glasses of wine etc, etc. Let's put this 'missing out' as it relates to food into context and realise that we're not missing out on very much at all, and it's only temporary, while staying overweight and unhappy with ourselves can have us missing out on life for years to come. Which is more important?

Sermon over!!

Very well put and I vote 'life' :) I've mentioned in my diary how I've missed out on so many things over the years and what's worse is that my family have missed out too - either because we didn't do something or because they did it and I never.....I'm determined that that won't happen again! xx

Same here Katie. I was terrible about taking James to the swimming pool because I didn't want to appear in public in a swimming costume.

This is a line from one of Moonlight's posts on her diary that got me thinking. Isn't it funny how, when we're dieting, we can get down about other people eating because we feel we're 'missing out'. The great thing about a VLCD though is that if you're relatively good you don't have to 'miss out' for very long; it's finite. What I think would be better for us all when this hits is to think about what we are missing out on by NOT losing the weight. If you're anything like me you've missed out on: feeling good about yourself; wearing nice clothes; social occasions; doing fun things with your kids; feeling confident; a new job or a holiday; a new relationship - in effect we are missing out on LIFE. If we don't take a stand and lose the weight we are missing out on so much more than a takeaway, a bowl of chips, a bar of chocolate, a piece of cake, a few glasses of wine etc, etc. Let's put this 'missing out' as it relates to food into context and realise that we're not missing out on very much at all, and it's only temporary, while staying overweight and unhappy with ourselves can have us missing out on life for years to come. Which is more important? Sermon over!!

I can definitely relate to this!
Being overweight put my life on hold in all the aspects mentioned.
I am now trying to rebuilt bit by bit!

Thank you for the sermon.....it was a revelation! I completely agree with you! There are some things I regret in life that I can no longer change BUT we can all do this! I vote 'life' too xx

Good thoughts cate. Been there too.

You are so right! x

Had a quick weigh today, as I tend to do after a 2lb loss on my weekly weigh-in. Another 2lbs down! That means I've achieved my next goal of losing 10% of my body weight since starting. That's lots of health benefits my body is now reaping as a result. Hurray!! :)

Absolutely thrilled for you cate......fabulous....:0clapper::0clapper::0clapper:

Well done you!x

Fantastic, well done :clap:

Had a quick weigh today, as I tend to do after a 2lb loss on my weekly weigh-in. Another 2lbs down! That means I've achieved my next goal of losing 10% of my body weight since starting. That's lots of health benefits my body is now reaping as a result. Hurray!! :)

Fantastic results xx well done xx

Fabulous :) Well done Cate, you're doing brilliantly xx

Thanks for all the congrats. Feeling good tonight. Had three packs today and a few slices of cheese. Will have a Coke Zero later. Have a business do tomorrow night and there's a meal. Am eating it but will be avoiding all the carbs. No wine as it's in Swansea and have to drive and definitely no dessert.

Great loss and well done you. I'd love a bit of cheese right about now...x

Back