Total Solution This has to be it!

How's it been today Cate? xx

Today's been fine. Usual bit of nibbling on low carb things but nothing major. Still have to try and drink more water. I just forget.

Did some exercise today i.e. I mowed the front lawn and my neighbour's. Might not sound like much but our grass was like a meadow it was so long. The lawn mower we share packed up a few weeks back and we hadn't got round to getting another. Then someone said they were selling electric mowers in Aldi today for £35! Can't go wrong. Had similar experience to you, Katie, as someone else who was going to get one said she was going to go there for 6.30am and queue (they open at 8am) because it was first come first served and they had limited stock per store. Well I couldn't go that early but decided to ask a friend if I could drop James at hers at 8am for him to walk down to school with her and her son. So I was in Aldis just after 8am - and they had loads of them and no queue so there really was no panic. Most annoying of all, the woman who created the sense of urgency rocked up to Aldis about 2.30pm apparently and they still had a few left! Anyway, it really was quite hard work getting the grass back to some sort of presentable state. We really have been letting the estate down. I'm sure there was a collective sigh of relief when our fellow residents saw we'd finally got round to it. Everyone else is very conscientious about their lawns. :sigh2:

Exercise is exercise so well done Cate. Hope today is going just as well x

Good day today. Managed 15 mins on the rebounder. Useful side-effect of all that bouncing up and down - I went to the loo!! I was all ready then to do my 'Slim in Six' DVD but my actual DVD player has given up the ghost and the Xbox 360 wouldn't recognise it. Very annoying. However, did then tackle the back lawn so that was quite hard work and worked up a good sweat. Then April rang to suggest a spontaneous afternoon at the beach so we ended up at Porthcawl catching a few rays. Really wanted to have some chips at the beach but April wouldn't let me. Now that's a friend!

Bought a pair of summer capri pants in Sainsbury's today. They are very 1960s in terms of the pattern, not really my usual style, but I love them. I saw them when they were first out in the spring but because I was a size 18/20 I wouldn't have been seen dead in them. Anyway, they appeared on the sale rack the other day. There was a size 16 and a size 14. I didn't get them but have been thinking about them ever since. I decided to pop in when we got back from the beach to see if they were still there on the basis that, if they were, it was meant to be. LOL. Both sizes were still there but I got the 16s because I know I won't be in a 14 until close to the end of August and I'd like to wear them this summer. I can just about do them up but probably need to lose another 10lbs for them to look decent.

Off to bed now. Definitely more rebounding tomorrow. Going for 20 mins. Aiming to work up to 30 mins a day. Night.

Sounds like a good day Cate - well done on the chips - great friend there - not sure I have any who would do that, they usually try and talk me out of losing weight ;)

Also the pants sound great and I bet they will be a great motivation for you too :)

I've just received a pair of faux leather trs I ordered - always wanted a pair but never felt slim enough. Well they are a size 12 and they fit, but probably need to lose a few more pounds to lose the muffin top! Lol if I'm brave enough I'll post progress pics :)

Sounds like a great day in all. Bet beach was great :)

Liking sound of the Capri pants. Well done for getting them in 16. In the past I'd have gotten 14 with no hope in hell of wearing them cos they'd be way too small. At least ul get use out of them when it's still summer!

Hope today is a good one :) x

Sounds like a good day Cate - well done on the chips - great friend there - not sure I have any who would do that, they usually try and talk me out of losing weight ;)

Also the pants sound great and I bet they will be a great motivation for you too :)

I've just received a pair of faux leather trs I ordered - always wanted a pair but never felt slim enough. Well they are a size 12 and they fit, but probably need to lose a few more pounds to lose the muffin top! Lol if I'm brave enough I'll post progress pics :)

Oooh, yes do post those pictures! Sure you'll be comfortably in them soon. Hope you've made a full recovery now.

Sounds like a great day in all. Bet beach was great :)

Liking sound of the Capri pants. Well done for getting them in 16. In the past I'd have gotten 14 with no hope in hell of wearing them cos they'd be way too small. At least ul get use out of them when it's still summer!

Hope today is a good one :) x

I did think about getting the 14s but, like you say, I want to wear them this summer and being realistic, I know I wouldn't get into the 14s until the end of August which doesn't give me much time to wear them. Also, have already got a load of size 14s still with their labels on which I've had for years and still can't get into them so decided I didn't want to add to that hoard.

I gave myself a bit of a boost this morning. When we're dieting, we focus so much on getting into the next size down, trying on clothes that are still too tight and then putting them away until we've dropped another 1/2 stone and then seeing how much closer we are to getting into them. So this morning I tried on my winter quilted coat which I haven't had on since before I started the diet. It is sooooo loose on me. Fantastic. Gave me a great boost feeling that my body could actually move inside the coat rather than it being so tight it was like a second skin. By the time winter comes (aaaarrrrgggghhh) I'll be able to wear a thick jumper and still get it on. Yay!!

Just sitting here on the sofa (8.25am) having a coffee with teaspoon of vanilla shake and a 400ml glass of water watching Fat Families. At 8.30am I am going to get off my backside and do at least 20 mins on the rebounder while continuing to watch. If that doesn't motivate me nothing will. LOL. Right, off to haul the rebouder out of the cupboard. Back soon.

20 mins done. Hurray. But why does 20 mins on the rebounder go so much more slowly than 20 mins on the sofa??!! :confused: LOL.

Going to have a shower now then pop out to get some food for this afternoon as James has a couple of mates coming round at 2pm and they are staying for tea. Not sure whether to just go the pizza route or buy BBQ stuff. Thing is, I might be tempted to eat BBQ meat but I won't touch pizza because of the carbs. Weigh in tomorrow so I really have to be good today. Also want to do my Slim in Six later. I think there's enough room in the bedroom to do it, assuming the TV's in-built DVD player recognises the disc. Hope everyone has a fab day. It's gorgeous here - again! :)

Thanks Darcy. And you. :)

Feeling your clothes getting looser is such a boost to your self esteem. I remember back to when I'd lost 4 st & we went to York. I was walking around in my coat & it was so loose my husband said it looked like I was wearing it so that I could hide stuff under it there was that much spare room lol.

Sounds like you are on a roll with the exercise Cate, once you get started its actually quite fun. x

Hi Cate. Still going strong I see - well done! Hope you had a lovely day today.

2lbs down for this week. I can live with that because I ate BBQ meat and salad yesterday and I had a couple of bits of french stick too. 2lbs to go to get to my 2 stone off and 4lbs to get to my next goal of 15st and then into the 14s! Hurray. I'm going to weigh on Saturday as that will be my next calendar month down and I am tracking my calendar month losses as well. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying this lovely weather while it lasts. :)

Last edited:
Well done on the loss and the loose fitting coat, great feeling, isn't it? I hope you have a lovely day x

Hi Cate. Still going strong I see - well done! Hope you had a lovely day today.

Hi Lynne, well I'm still going but some days are stronger than others, that's for sure. But I knew it wasn't going to be a picnic. One thing I will say, I feel strangely confident that this time I will get to my goal one way or another. I'm just so quietly determined that whatever life throws and me and no matter what bumps I hit, I will just keep plodding on until I reach my ultimate destination and nothing and no one is going to stop me doing it this time. It's a nice feeling to have. :superwoman:

You're doing it the right way Cate, you're keeping on going, well done on the determination, I feel like that this time too, strange how it just comes on you.

Good luck with your two goals, you'll be in the 14's in no time xx

Hi Cate I stalked you over to your diary!
Well done on your loss this week, you'll be down another stone bracket before long - oh I remember what a lovely feeling it was to go through the stones and the clothes sizes! You sound in such a great headspace too - and that is a lot more than half the battle!
Enjoy the sunshine chick xxx

Hi Cate, well done on your weight loss.

Two huge achievements just around the corner, 2 stone gone forever and into the 14's, bet you can't wait! Glad to hear you are feeling so positive, keep up the good work x

Back