This is going to be such a hard week...

Kirbygirl

So the singing group I'm in have this big singing event this weekend, loads of visiting singers coming over for it etc. Kicks off tonight with a Make & Do night in a friend's house to make posters etc. She's going to have done loads of cooking, and her boyfriend will have made his peanut butter cookies, and on top of that, everyone else will bring things like biscuits and crisps too. Pub after, I'd guess.

Then we're singing and hanging out and going to the pub Thursday and Friday. Then Saturday is the main event where we have an All Day Singing, wih a "traditional potluck dinner on the grounds" where everyone brings a homemade dish to share.
Not only will I have to say no to all the amazing food that people are going to bring, but I have to spend my Friday night doing loads of cooking. I'm making a sausage casserole, venison stew, and a chocolate biscuit cake :-(

Ahhhhh. Just wanted to vent. Anyone got any strategies for not blowing their TFR cover at parties? Or for not crying while making chocolate biscuit cake and not being able to sample it lol.

Hi feel for you, however I've just done the same longstanding big family affair while I cooked baked etc, however I just go try on my now too big clothes and I know in another 6 or 7 weeks I can join in feeling good about it too . Instead of trying to pretend I'm happy in stretch pants and flowing top!
Just keep a pint of water cup of tsa to hand no one will notice but they will notice when you are at your desired weight,
Good luck chin up
Poll

I had an overnight stay for a course I was on and i was so worried I wouldn't get away with it, my trick was to go out with my friend who is a smoker (she's the only one who knew I was on LT) and then people thought I'd already eaten when we came back in and didn't ask. The trick is finding somewhere to shake! I had to do it in her car.
I've also done baking and yes it's a test but I just stay strong and think of it as a test. Seeing and smelling the whole cake wasn't a problem it was when I cut it and those tempting crumbs fell off. Just prepare yourself mentally for it and you'll be fine!

Ok. That's really helpful, thank you :) Finding excuses to slip away and then coming back vaguely saying you've eaten already is a good idea.

Last night was the first tester - couldn't really get out of going to dinner with some of the visiting singers last night; told them I'd already eaten. They ordered a big plate of sticky spare ribs for the table (which were in front of me as I was sitting in the middle), then they all got main of lovely burgers and chips etc. Having to smile and politely say I was full whenever someone offered me a chip was tough!

Back