This Is It

What's your calorie limit for the day? You could try splitting it up for meals (I don't really see any meals in your food diary except cereal). Eating well regularly means you are not hungry so diets are much easier to stick to. It also gets your metabolism fired up.

So for example you could have:
Breakfast - Porridge/cereal - 250-300 cals
Lunch - soup and bread/or a sandwich - 400 cals
Tea - Are you veggie? Maybe look online for low cal versions of what you like - 500 cals

That's 1200 cals so if you are aiming for 1500 that leaves you 300 cals for snacks. I always budget for snacks - I just swap things - so I used to love crisps, now I eat hummus and crackers. Same savoury loveliness but MANY less calories.

The thing with junk food is that it is designed to make you crave it and it is designed not to fill you up. They want you to buy more! Good food fills you up!

thank you rose - yes them takeaways are hard to get away from, i just got into a habit of going down evernight after work and getting massive portions of it

hi coley - im definately not a veggie lol - you are right about junk food being designed to make you crave it - the worst for me is coca cola, after a few days i be dying for it

it is my 23rd birthday tomorrow so i might just wait until friday to get back to it again, or maybe even monday because i am going away for the weekend on holiday - it will be impossible to stick to this

I do agree with that Cactus, if you are going to get in the zone you need space and time to process your changes.

Go out have a lovely birthday, a wicked holiday and then tell yourself " enough partying now it's time for change";)

yes thats what im going to do - i think i will start again on saturday - it will be impossible with all the party food etc thanks looking

have a great birthday :)

Yes, make saturday or monday your new start, get your mind into the zone and make a list of reasons why you are doing it!...then go for it :D

So party away this weekend and enjoy!!!!

Here I go again

:D

last week was my birthday and then my family went on a long weekend to a lakeside cottage - friday, sat, sun home monday night - there was lots of exercise - walking, rowing boats and the games room, but there was also a lot of eating :mad:

all in all i am another lb heavier

so i am starting my diet again today - Tuesday 05/04/11 at 15stone 11lb/221lb

Weldone Cactus
You can do it, a good celebration to see the munchies on thier way with a blast.

I dithered around for 10 days when i first joined but what realy got me going was writting my expected loss and goal dates.

I have missed mine b 1 week but hey its better than a life time.

Once those dates and amounts are up you feel very commited and confident too.

I'm realy pleased for you and the fact your sill here says so much. SO you know you can do it :)

well done on starting your diet! It's always really hard to get started but you'll get there, and the support on here really helps.
just take it one day at a time, or even one hour at a time! when I first started, if I had a craving for something - a takeaway or chocolate - I would tell myself that if I still wanted it in an hour, I would have it. Then when the hour had passed, I would give myself another hour. Before you know it, you'll think "I've gone this long without it, why have it at all"
it really worked for me.
Best of luck!

Hi cactus, glad you had a good birthday and sounds like a lovely wee holiday too with the family.

Now you are ready and focused....so go for it..you CAN and WILL do this cactus! :)

Good luck, keep posting!

Back