THis is it!!

stampingmummy

I have just been going through photos on the laptop and came across a few of me taken when I wasn't looking at a party last Thursday. I am shocked I had to look twice to see who it was and was shocked to see it was me:eek:!!!

I am heartbroken I don't think until tonight I have realised how big I have got (18 1/2 stones) I actually thought I looked ok in my mirror but the photos show me at every angle.

I have read slimming magazines for years and everyone seems to have that turning point I think I have finally reached mine. This is it I promise myself that I will loose weight and get healthy. I can no longer carry this weight around not being able to keep up with my children and not wanting to do anything but sit on my backside on the sofa!!!!

I am going away tomorrow for the weekend so Monday morning this is it. I have just done a food shop to be delivered Monday morning so I have no excuse.

I am not going to class but will be using this website as my support system if that's ok? I see you all giving each other so much support and it seems friendlier than any group I have been to.

Sorry for the huge post I suppose I am writing a mission statement for myself lol.

Oh a quick question are the shape 0% apple crumble and rhubarb crumble yogurts sinned?

Hi and welcome! The support here is awesome, it has really helped me with my weight loss (i go to group as well as this, but for mid-week support this is the bizz ;) )

the apple crumble and rhubarb crumble are 1/2 syn each on all plans (which isnt too bad really ;) )

Part of my turning point was i went to Canada last summer to visit a friend of mine, that i met on a game i played on facebook- we became really close friends, and she invited for me to stay for a few weeks. I had a few pictures taken of us when i was there, and i was devastated about how ghastly i looked. im gutted i didnt feel confident enough to have more pictures taken, because it was an amazing trip!

A friend of mine joined SW and did amazing, about 1 1/2 stone in 10 weeks (which was amazing because she couldnt exercise much) and a friend offered to pay £25 towards my first countdown- and thats when it started

17 weeks, and 2 stone 8.5lb later, i feel amazing- just over a week ago i got under 20 stone, it was surreal to see the scales say that! i have a looooooooooong way to go- but i know with the support of sw members, both at group and here, i will do it! and so will you :)

xx

Hi stamping and well done on deciding to start your journey! My turning point was the doctor telling me if i wanted a child then first things first was lose a lot of weight. I joined slimming world the next day weighing in at 17 stone 13, 11 weeks later i have lost 2 stone and now weigh 15 stone 13, its a great feeling to be losing this weight every week, good luck on your journey, if you need any help give me or anyone else here a shout there is always someone on here willing to help x x

Thank you so much for your kind words. x I bought the new magazine today and am going to read it on my hotel bed tonight x

I reached a similar turning point. A few close members of my family had carefully mentioned my size but I was comfortable and didn't really care.... who are they to tell me anyway!!??
Then one day I had been struggling to buy clothes to fit being so big and tall, I went to the 'Big and tall man' shop. I was chuffed to bits as I strode down the road with my carrier bag of clothes in size XXXL and 46" waist trousers. Then it suddenly hit me, I was stunned. I stoped in the street and stared at the carrier bag. The big and tall man...!!??? As a woman and this was the only place I shop?? I had to start losing weight NOW. I have lost 1Stone 1lb in three weeks, I have a very long way to go, but woohoooooooooooo I'm heading in the right direction at full steam now! Best of luck x

Hi stamping :)

Well you've come to the right place. I did SW last year without going to a group and lost weight :). This time I've been attending a class for the first time... even without staying for the image therapy, i think going a paying someone £5 to weigh in makes me wanna lose it even more! So maybe, if you ever feel a bit stagnant then offer yourself some rewards that aren't food-related e.g if i lose 7lb then i will get my hair done/buy that nice dress/go to the cinema etc.

Also, there are lots of different recipes to try (thats the fun part lol). For instance, tonight i tried SYN FREE PANCAKES !! lol my mum hated them... i thought they were nice with some lemon and sweetener :)

Good luck - i think by joining this group you have already taken a massive step towards a lighter life!! :D

Back