THis is it!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by stampingmummy, 11 August 2011 Social URL.

1. stampingmummy

stampingmummy Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9.0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(7.85%)
    I have just been going through photos on the laptop and came across a few of me taken when I wasn't looking at a party last Thursday. I am shocked I had to look twice to see who it was and was shocked to see it was me:eek:!!!

I am heartbroken I don't think until tonight I have realised how big I have got (18 1/2 stones) I actually thought I looked ok in my mirror but the photos show me at every angle.

I have read slimming magazines for years and everyone seems to have that turning point I think I have finally reached mine. This is it I promise myself that I will loose weight and get healthy. I can no longer carry this weight around not being able to keep up with my children and not wanting to do anything but sit on my backside on the sofa!!!!

I am going away tomorrow for the weekend so Monday morning this is it. I have just done a food shop to be delivered Monday morning so I have no excuse.

I am not going to class but will be using this website as my support system if that's ok? I see you all giving each other so much support and it seems friendlier than any group I have been to.

Sorry for the huge post I suppose I am writing a mission statement for myself lol.

Oh a quick question are the shape 0% apple crumble and rhubarb crumble yogurts sinned?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LittleFlutterby

LittleFlutterby Fluffy lil flutterby :)

Start Weight:
    22st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    10st8.5lb(47.14%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi and welcome! The support here is awesome, it has really helped me with my weight loss (i go to group as well as this, but for mid-week support this is the bizz ;) )

the apple crumble and rhubarb crumble are 1/2 syn each on all plans (which isnt too bad really ;) )

Part of my turning point was i went to Canada last summer to visit a friend of mine, that i met on a game i played on facebook- we became really close friends, and she invited for me to stay for a few weeks. I had a few pictures taken of us when i was there, and i was devastated about how ghastly i looked. im gutted i didnt feel confident enough to have more pictures taken, because it was an amazing trip!

A friend of mine joined SW and did amazing, about 1 1/2 stone in 10 weeks (which was amazing because she couldnt exercise much) and a friend offered to pay £25 towards my first countdown- and thats when it started

17 weeks, and 2 stone 8.5lb later, i feel amazing- just over a week ago i got under 20 stone, it was surreal to see the scales say that! i have a looooooooooong way to go- but i know with the support of sw members, both at group and here, i will do it! and so will you :)

xx

4. shenzi

shenzi Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.18%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Red/EE/Green
    Hi stamping and well done on deciding to start your journey! My turning point was the doctor telling me if i wanted a child then first things first was lose a lot of weight. I joined slimming world the next day weighing in at 17 stone 13, 11 weeks later i have lost 2 stone and now weigh 15 stone 13, its a great feeling to be losing this weight every week, good luck on your journey, if you need any help give me or anyone else here a shout there is always someone on here willing to help x x

5. stampingmummy

stampingmummy Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9.0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(7.85%)
    Thank you so much for your kind words. x I bought the new magazine today and am going to read it on my hotel bed tonight x

6. vickidyers

vickidyers Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I reached a similar turning point. A few close members of my family had carefully mentioned my size but I was comfortable and didn't really care.... who are they to tell me anyway!!??
    Then one day I had been struggling to buy clothes to fit being so big and tall, I went to the 'Big and tall man' shop. I was chuffed to bits as I strode down the road with my carrier bag of clothes in size XXXL and 46" waist trousers. Then it suddenly hit me, I was stunned. I stoped in the street and stared at the carrier bag. The big and tall man...!!??? As a woman and this was the only place I shop?? I had to start losing weight NOW. I have lost 1Stone 1lb in three weeks, I have a very long way to go, but woohoooooooooooo I'm heading in the right direction at full steam now! Best of luck x

7. bugsbunny2000

bugsbunny2000 Proud to be a LOSER :)

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(15.51%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi stamping :)

Well you've come to the right place. I did SW last year without going to a group and lost weight :). This time I've been attending a class for the first time... even without staying for the image therapy, i think going a paying someone £5 to weigh in makes me wanna lose it even more! So maybe, if you ever feel a bit stagnant then offer yourself some rewards that aren't food-related e.g if i lose 7lb then i will get my hair done/buy that nice dress/go to the cinema etc.

Also, there are lots of different recipes to try (thats the fun part lol). For instance, tonight i tried SYN FREE PANCAKES !! lol my mum hated them... i thought they were nice with some lemon and sweetener :)

Good luck - i think by joining this group you have already taken a massive step towards a lighter life!! :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.