This is me taking the first step

BingoBango

At three o'clock this morning I decided to stop pussy footing around and finally (permanently!) become the type of person I have always wanted to be: fit, active and energetic. At lunch time I discovered this forum.

I haven't told anybody about my decision to really, permanently, lose weight because I am too afraid I'll slip up again, thereby proving to everyone that all I have is good intentions. But with the support of the members of this forum I think I can do it.

I am not going to tell my long sob story here. I am sure it will come out gradually as I get to know everyone. I will just say that I have ALWAYS had a problem with my weight. My mom put me on my first diet when I was seven-years-old and I have yoyo-ed dramatically ever since. About 3 years ago I lost 36kgs (about 70 pounds I think?) on WeightWatchers. Since then I have managed to stay roughly the same weight. Until August this year when we went on holiday for 3 weeks.

I don't know what happened or why it happened, but I just flipped out. I stuffed my face every day to the point where I felt sick (although I bravely soldiered on through every meal!). I picked up 5kgs in 3 weeks and have not been able to get back to my pre-holiday weight since. I have severe issues with food and probably need professional counselling, which I am looking into (think binge eater). But aside from the psychological, I just need to lose the weight I gained because physically I don't feel good.

My weight loss efforts since we got back home haven't worked and I think it's because I am trying to do it alone, which is why I am here. I am looking for support and want to offer support in return. I am on the same journey as many of you I think, and I hope that we can help each other.

On a practical note:
I have been following WeightWatchers for 3 years (first by attending weekly meetings, then online) and have recently (since returning from that infamous holiday) become tired of it because you always have to be so vigilant and trying to find a WW-friendly meal in a restaurant is nigh on impossible.

Not long ago I discovered JUDDD, bought the book, and now want to give it a go. I am going to try combining the 2 diets (because despite being tired of WW, I know it works). I.e have a down day on JUDDD and then do WeightWatchers on my up day, allowing myself 1.5 x more points than usual.

Are there any members on here that have done WW and/or JUDD over a long period of time? What are your experiences? I hope that by including an up day, I will be able to maintain the lifestyle over the long term because I won't have to be as vigilant (every second day at least).

I want to lose about 10kgs/20 pounds and I look forward to getting to know everyone here while I do! :)

Also wanted to ask: Where is everybody from? I see a lot of posts come from the UK.

I am in Belgium, but would like to join an English online community because I am English-speaking. I can speak Dutch just about, but can't write it very well :-/

Back