This is me, who are you?

charliew

As I am new to this forum I have decided to start a thread where we can all introduce ourselves. I like to know who I am talking to lol

I am Charlotte, but everyone calls me Charlie. I am 34 and married to a wonderful man who has been by my side for the last 19 years (married for 12) I have 2 children. A girl who is 9 and a little boy who is 2.

I have always been overweight and tried many different diets over the years but only half heartedly. I am now determined to loose the weight as am off on a lovely holiday next Sept and would like to be slim for it.

Well thats me, what about you

Charliexx

Hi Charlie :)

I am Alisa aka Lissy or Lis. I have been with my partner for 6 years this Oct. We have 1 daughter who will be 4 in Nov.

I have been overweight since I was about 13 I'm now 25. I've never really tried to diet until recently as being overweight never bothered me. However the last couple of years have had me thinking of how many years I'm takin' off my life by being this big.

Lissy xx

Im sarah, im 24 and have 2 kids abnd maried to the sexiest man in thr world! im fairly new myself so nice to meet new people that have the same common goal as myself.
Im doing weight watchers and my goal is too get too 10% then knock off a stone at a time until im happy with how i look!

Last edited:
Hi, I am Tishka (Tish) aka feelingfat. I am 31 and to be perfectly honest I normally weighed about 11stone (I am now 10 stone 12lbs) unless I had just had my children - I have a son who is six and a little girl who is 2 on the 25th. This is my third time on slimfast and I am losing my post-pregnancy weight from my daughter. I am pleased to say it is now all gone now!

I am getting married 22nd August next year so that was another incentive to lose the weight.

Good luck to you all.

FF

I'm Elizabeth but everyone shortens my name. I get anything from Betty and Beth through to Liz and Lizzie. I'm 24 and have been overweight for as long as I can remember.

I'm hopelessly single but I'm not really looking until I'm happy with myself. I have 5 angel babies and put weight on with every pregnancy. Im now determined to lose the weight and keep it off!!!

BL x

Hey there gals,
My name is ash. im 24 and almost 12 stone, but im very short and i feel very uncomfortable all the time..... aim is to keep on the diet till im happy. and i do feel better already. I have an amazing boyfriend who loves me as i am.....sees no need for change but supports me non the less...

Hello, I'm Megan! I am 29 and been married for 2 years. I have always been overweight but I am desperate to do something about it because I dont want to be 14 stone and 10lbs ever again, like I was in May. This is the biggest I have ever been and I am really not happy with it, I hate buying size 18-20 clothes. Want to be thin and healthier for my 30th birthday next June. Aiming to get to 10stone or hopefully 9 stone, but I cant imaging getting on the scales and seeing that much!!

Well hello everyone - I'm Sam, married for 14 years to a great guy who loves all of me for what I am inside. Unfortunately no children but some of us are just not blessed eh?
It's heartening to know I'm not alone in my efforts. My story echoes all of yours!! I'm 40 and fabulous but unhappy with my size.
I lost 7.5 stone with WW but circumstances conspired against me and I regained 5 stone in 2 years. My knees hurt and my mum is diabetic - I don't want that.
I've already taken some valuable advice from most of you on this site and I look forward to our journey together.

I swim avidly for exercise and am working towards the ASPIRE Channel swim in September - this means swimming 22 miles in a pool over a 12 week period - I did it last year and lost 8 inches - gained 5lb but looked better!!

So thanks for welcoming me and if I can help you, just let me know.

there are a lot more than us 8, but everyone else must be shy lol.

Love being nosey and seeing what everyone is like lol

Maybe we need photos too.....but then again:hide:hehe

Id love to share my photo but I'm having technological problems!
If anyone knows HOW I put my photo on my signature, I'm all ears??

you should be able to go through a photo site like photobucket and add a piccie. Will go try in a bit and then delete it again lol

well have managed it Sam. Will try and remember how to do it now lol.

Go into userCP and go down to the bit where it says edit signiture. Click on it and scroll down a bit to where it says something like Upload signiture picture. In the second white box it says upload from computer. Click on browse and go into My Pictures. Find the piccie you want and click on it and it should work.

Well it did for me lol

Hi i'm Jo i am 47 and have been married for 20 years to a fantastic bloke, we have 2 kids a girl of 19 and a boy of 16, I to have been overweight for many years and am now sick of it, my hubby and I are going to Cornwall in September for a week then the following week I go to Turkey with my Sisters, so trying like mad to lose as much as I can :scale: Good Luck everyone x

Hello Everyone!!!

Sorry only just seen thread, late as always!!Lol

My names Lindsey, always gets shortened to Linz. Long story about Billy wont bore you all with it.

Im 32 and have 3 furry babies 2 horses and a dog who i adore and they keep me going!! I have always ended up with Rats as boyfriends and was single for nearly 2yrs, wasnt interested at all in getting hurt anymore. But am now very happy with a wonderful guy!! I couldnt ask for more he is honestly perfect (never thought id hear myself say that) have been together just over a year now and hopefully ill be taking on his house with him and buying his mate out.

Have tried every diet, diet pills, fat jabs, creams and if i had the money would defo invest in Lipo!! I lost alot of weight just before i got with my boyf, I wasnt very happy and got down to about 7 and a half stone. But then met Rick, am so happy!! Got off the diet pills and ate properly. Lots of eating out, take aways etc you know the ending have put on lots and lots of weight but its was happy weight!!Lol

Ok will stop now as think ive bored you all enough!! xxxx :p

hi i'm hayley, H or haze.

Been on lots of diets over the years I'm 30 and feel like I've dieted most of my life! Got married just over a week ago to my fella who I've been with for 12 years. I love him very much :)
I would like to lose about a stone which will get me down to 9 st 10ib which is what I was when me and my hubby first met.
we have a beautiful boy who is very active and keeps me on my toes so hopefully get to my target for our holiday in sep.
It's interesting to read about everyone and their goals.
I wish everyone luck with their weight loss journeys :)

Hi, I'm Ellie, I'm 31 and have been married to my lovely husband for 4 years.

I have gone between 9st and about 10st7 or a bit more most of my adult life. I was a rake til I was 18!

I have lost a stone on Slimming World, but I couldn't get any more weight to budge on it, so it's time for some drastic action.

I wonder what the average loss on SF is per week? I am hoping for 2lbs, although I lose weight soooo slowly! I have stuck to it rigidly since Thurs last week. Oh, and I have just given up smoking too.

Back