This is me

Just got back from my exercise class, but the scheduled class of body attack wasn't on because he instructor wasn't well. Instead they put on boxercise, my god it's hard but good fun.
I really want a punch bag!

So my treat is a Belgian hot chocolate and a curly wurly, and a hot bubble bath oh bliss can a Sunday night get any better.

Anyway today I cleaned the bathroom, had breakfast, weetabix and banana then went to inlaws for Sunday lunch... Quorn, mashed potato, carrots, broc, peas and a splash of gravy. Syrup sponge and custard MMmmmm
Had a snooze.... Went to boxercise.... Had warbaton thin filled with ham salad, a cup Of hot choc and a curly wurly, and now off for my bath.
Weigh day tomorrow x

The scales said I stayed the same, I can't help feeling a little disappointed , even though I know I have been good and have exercised. I know it will show, maybe in a few days. The main thing is I am still motivated and determind I will weigh again Wednesday x

The scales said I stayed the same, I can't help feeling a little disappointed , even though I know I have been good and have exercised. I know it will show, maybe in a few days. The main thing is I am still motivated and determind I will weigh again Wednesday x

Hello there :) Hope you don't mind me picking your brains! I have been doing SW for a year and remember you from the SW boards! I have decided to dip my toe into the world of cc to help me understand how cals and exercise work and to help me on my journey - I have seen 11st 3lbs too many times over the past 4 months and can't seem to get passed it, lol.

I notice last week you had more like 1400 cals and this week reduced to 1200 cals - do you think this has something to do with your STS? Do you think 1200 is too low? I have registered on MFP and it has recommended I have 1200 cals a day but I have to say although I have achieved this most days out of the past 7 it does seem quite low :confused:

How are you finding cc overall??

Hope you don't mind me being nosey! :)

Not at all, I'm just experimenting at the moment.
I think slimming world works well but I just got too blazey about it, I'd have a this is it moment but it would just fizzle out. ;(
I think I just needed a change, I'm now exercising 4 times a week and finally got it into my thick skull that this is what I need to do to get myself fit.
I did have a better week when I had 1400 cals but it was also my first week, then MFP said I should be on 1200, so I thought I'd see how that went for me.... Not as good really, in a week I have lost a pound. My official weigh day is Monday but stupidly I weighed Wednesday ( lost 1 lb) then from Wednesday to Monday Sts.
I'm going to weigh again Wednesday and if by then I haven't got a loss by then I'm going back to 1400 x don't mind at all thank for yr input ;)

Not at all, I'm just experimenting at the moment.
I think slimming world works well but I just got too blazey about it, I'd have a this is it moment but it would just fizzle out. ;(
I think I just needed a change, I'm now exercising 4 times a week and finally got it into my thick skull that this is what I need to do to get myself fit.
I did have a better week when I had 1400 cals but it was also my first week, then MFP said I should be on 1200, so I thought I'd see how that went for me.... Not as good really, in a week I have lost a pound. My official weigh day is Monday but stupidly I weighed Wednesday ( lost 1 lb) then from Wednesday to Monday Sts.
I'm going to weigh again Wednesday and if by then I haven't got a loss by then I'm going back to 1400 x don't mind at all thank for yr input ;)

Yes, I seem to have had a Eureka moment regarding exercise too, lol. About flipping time too! :rolleyes:

Just finishing work and I'm actually going to go home and do some exercise! :faint2:

Good luck for WI on Wednesday xx

Today's menu.
Weetabix semi milk and banana

2 slices bread ( toasted)
250g beans
Weight watchers cherry yog

Snack hoola hoops
200ml slimmers milk for T and coffee

Half portion of chicken and mush byriani
1 poppadoms

30 min run

Ok been thinking, I know you can hear the cogs turning, 1200 feels too low for me, and like it has been pointed out I did much better last week when I allowed myself 1400.

Week 1. 1400 cal alowence lost 4lb
Week 2. 1200 cal alowence lost 1lb
Week 3. 1400 cal alowence

I think I've over done it with exercise my whole body is aching. To top it of its also TOTM so I have stomached cramps, headache,

Poo I've done it again, where did I get to.
So I generally feel crap and it's reflected in my eating.
No breakfast
Lunch, chicken and bacon sandwich, drink, packet crisps and a twix.
T. Half portion of biryani
Just now massive bag of revels and cuppa T
700 cals over my limit and feeling rather sick
But soooo worth it x

Ok I only had about 850 cals today, but I was 700 over yesterday but that's not why I haven't eaten today. It is a bit of a pattern and the norm for me, TOTM day one eat all sorts of crap, next day feel bloated and not hungry at all, I really have to force myself to eat.
Today no breakfast couldn't face anything
Went to pictures had bottle of water
Went to McDonald's had nothing
Got home had home made bowl of stew.
Cup of T and 2 custard creams
Went to shop and got a packet of snaps.
Just forced myself to have a cuppa soup and a salad and ham filled thin.
I've also had a couple of glasses of milk.
I am working tomorrow thank goodness the way I feel at the moment I would be likely to kill someone if I were at home all day

So p***ed off today, I got on the scales today and was mortified ti see 13st 2 flash before my very eyes.
I can't believe that I have been running for 6 weeks now 3 times a week. Zumba once a week for the past 2 weeks and calorie counting for 2 weeks and I've only lost 5 lb and bloody 3 of those I've put back on. It better flaming well be only due to TOTM.

It's just so very frustrating:(

Keep your chin up, it prob just because it's your TOTM. Are you drinking plenty?

X

I need to drink more really, but when I am working I don't have regular access to a toilet, I'm off now till Tuesday so if I drink loads by Tuesday my bladder shoud be stronger so I don't have to wee so often lol

I've had a day off today and been really considering my options. I thought I might go back to slimming world but to be honest I do find it a faff.
So I thought I'd carry on with cc but think more about what I am eating.
So water.. I've looked it up and I should be drinking 2.5 litres, that includes tea fruit juices etc.
I do drink a couple of cups s day, so I need to drink 4 pints of water a day.
I can do that, 1pt in morning, 1pt with lunch 1 pt when I get home and 1 pt with my dinner.
Also I am not going to eat bread, when on SW I don't eat bread and my weight losses are great.
I'm done with 1200 calories I'm sticking to 1400
And on the days that I exercise I will allow myself a treat of an additional 200 calories.
I am ONLY going to weigh myself once a week and that is going to be a Tuesday morning.
I now need to get my thinking cap on for lunch ideas.
I am going to do this for a month and I would like to loose 7lb, if this doesn't work for me then I am going back to slimming world

Good luck, sounds like a decent plam

I've had a day off today and been really considering my options. I thought I might go back to slimming world but to be honest I do find it a faff.
So I thought I'd carry on with cc but think more about what I am eating.
So water.. I've looked it up and I should be drinking 2.5 litres, that includes tea fruit juices etc.
I do drink a couple of cups s day, so I need to drink 4 pints of water a day.
I can do that, 1pt in morning, 1pt with lunch 1 pt when I get home and 1 pt with my dinner.
Also I am not going to eat bread, when on SW I don't eat bread and my weight losses are great.
I'm done with 1200 calories I'm sticking to 1400
And on the days that I exercise I will allow myself a treat of an additional 200 calories.
I am ONLY going to weigh myself once a week and that is going to be a Tuesday morning.
I now need to get my thinking cap on for lunch ideas.
I am going to do this for a month and I would like to loose 7lb, if this doesn't work for me then I am going back to slimming world

I agree with Erin - sounds like you've got yourself a great plan there :)

I'm still following the basic principles of SW but I am more conscious of how many calories are in what I eat. I am however, slowly weaning myself off the SW 'faff' foods - today I bought some scrummy lf Greek-style yogurt instead of ff and some Ryvita which aren't on the Healthy Extra list - shock horror! :eek:

I have been having between 1200 and 1400 cals and I lost 1.5lbs this week :)

I really think I wasn't eating enough on SW - even yesterday I only just made it past 1200 cals and that was with earning back 130 exercise cals!

Good luck hun x

p.s. If you want to add me as a friend on MFP my name is Taffyali

I know just how you feel and I think your being sensible. I felt the same last week when I sts, I think its hard mentally changing diets, I know skimming world works for me but I wasn't eating enough some days and at least c.c I can be sure how much energy I've eaten. I think your sensible to give c.c longer and try and drink more, I know I have to keep reminding myself to drink enough!

Back