This is so hard- going to go back to abstinence!!!

Stick with it girls

I found the re-introduction of food was the hardest part of all.
Abstinence was so black/white no room for cheating " a bit". All or nothing.

Now, it's 6 months since I came off abstinence, I've lost that "scared" feeling that I'll lose control and pile it all back on again. I realise I can't take the option that feels easiest and go back to abstinence.

Have now maintained for 6 months. Can't believe it and i've worked out a routine that suits me and my life -style and am still enjoying every moment and counting my blessings.

I know oyu can do it too Jazzy.
Good for you for getting back on track.
RTM is not comfortable for the first 6 weeks or so, but it's the key to getting confidence to try stuff again, but with control.
The C word is they for me.

Brilliant - thanks Lucylastic I was a bit worried about that. I'm doing ok but still finding it difficult cos everyone keeps wanting me to eat!!!
Daisy, that was the feeling i hated too, it feels much nicer being flat stomached (ish).
SB -thank you, I knew you would have some words of wisdom for me.
Has anyone read the article in the news section about the director of LL? Poor woman - just goes to show that money cant buy us happiness eh? She would probably do better if she wasnt being hounded by the press. I wonder what it is that makes people think they are within their rights to point the finger and make people feel so bad about themselves? I really feel for her.

Thanks BL - I only put on 6lbs in the end so I am not feeling so bad about it (I hadnt dared to look in my book before LOL).
Have now been advised to eat a little until a few days after my op and then I think I will still do abstinence for a week maybe 2 and then get on with RTM - I should be up to about week 9 or 10 by now but think I will start from the beginning again.
xx

Well done on making that decision. You might as well do it properly and give yourself the best chance of keeping the weight off.

Well done on keeping all the weight off that you have and I'm sure the little bit that has come on will be off again in now time.

Good luck Jazzy x x

First of all; well done on making the decision to do something before anything gets out of hand!
Second of all; don't feel bad. :) I know I certainly went off the rails in some way when I did RTM too, it was right around Christmas, and I finished it 2 weeks early and just started eating like there's no tomorrow... Within 2 months I believe I regained about a stone and a half! :eek:

Though: May I suggest, as an alternative to RTM, and abstinence for now: doing the Lite program?
After my 'slip up' after Christmas/New Years, the excitement of food had passed. I was just stuffing myself (lol!). But Lite REALLY brought it back, it taught me the lessons abstinence can't teach: portion sizes, self-control, self-discipline around food. The very idea that you can have some and it's not the end of the world not to have ALL of it.

Maybe have a think about it: It will be easier mentally than going back on full abstinence, and you will learn lots more.

x

Back