This is the last time

Charli09

So, I'm nearly 21 years old and 224lbs. Needless to say I feel disgusting. The worst part is I've been on a diet for the past six years and all I've done is gained.

Since I'm starting my last year of university this month I've decided this is the last time I'm going to make this decision because this is the last time I'm going to need to. I want to get down to 140lbs ultimately but at the moment I just want to start feeling good about myself.

I'm joining Weight Watchers when I get back to university in a couple of weeks but until then I'm going to be doing a sketchy version of WW from all the materials I have from previous visits. I'm also joining the gym when I get back to uni and hope to visit around three to four times a week.

So, that's my introduction. The name's Charli by the way. Looking forward to chatting to you all and hopefully losing some weight.

HI Good luck, you have a lot to loose and a long road ahead LIKE ME! It's difficult at uni with all the going out, I think you're going to have to avoid alcohol like the plague if you really want to succeed. I don't have a shred of discipline so I am doing lighter life lite and have just started this week, I have 50lbs to loose as a result of eating myself out of house and home since becoming a stay at home mum! I have been slim all my life up until now and the change in my appearance from normally being 120lbs is shocking, I can't say it's baby weight as my son is almost 2, it's eating for comfort. Well best of luck just wanted to say hi and introduce myself back...

Hiya!

Thank you for the reply!

I've made my peace with not drinking as much at university but I've figured it can only be good for me. I'm perfectly willing to have a sober night out if it means I can get one step closer to being size 10!

I'm quite a driven and motivated person when I'm at university but for some reason when I come home things fall apart, which is why I've climbed from 217lbs to 224lbs this summer. It royally sucks! I've figured since it's my last year I can give everything to weight loss and getting that much needed first in my degree. I am determined!!!

Sad to say but I've been overweight pretty much all my life, I don't know who I am when I'm slim because I've never been it but I am DEFINITELY going to find out.

Good luck to you, too and thanks for the lovely reply. Hopefully we'll both get to where we want to be! :D

Makes sense that you're doing well at uni yet gaining weight, to do well at work/school means sacrifice and for you that's not giving yourself time for the gym or to eat well, stress makes it hard. I can honestly have been the most selfless and least lazy I've ever been in my life and I'm the fattest I've ever been!! When I was slim I was selfish (in a good way I suppose) and made time for me, the gym, pampering myself as a reward with the spa or a new dress not food... I hope you get that first, university will be over be for you know it and the pounds will come off. I'll look in to see how you're doing :)

Hi sweetie, welcome to Weight Watchers. I have been obese all my life as well, and the only diet I managed to lose weight for good with is WW. Remember that you MUST be committed though. I like what you said about wanting to get a first and get into a size 10. My aim when I dieted last was to be at goal by the time of my graduation, and I managed to get to goal 3 months before then and maintain really well, now for over 1 year. I WAS committed though, and it does take a lot of commitment and resolution. No diet works without sacrifice. I see that you are ready to this sacrifice now... but remember that what you're putting yourself into is NOT a "diet" to follow for a couple of weeks. IT IS A LIFE CHANGE. You will need to keep on maintaining with WW for the rest of your days. You can make it, BUT you must remember that there's no way back. You don't want to be back where you are now, you want to move on, get to your size 10 and STAY there. I thought I would never have been able to wear a size 6. You know what? I bl**dy am now, and that's all thanks to WW, but also to me following WW.

Good luck my friend, if you need help drop me a line! xx

Well done for taking the plunge. Just picture yourself at graduation beautiful and slim. You must be a driven person if you are determined to get a first so there's no reason why you can't harness some of that willpower for your diet. Funnily I'm also doing a degree, my second. I got a 2:1 the first time so this time I want a first, so let's see how we get on.

Thank you for all your lovely replies.

I've been on WW before and lost a stone and a half when I was doing it the first time and then a stone when I joined again. Problem was going on holiday and going to university got in the way and I wasn't able to continue. BUT no excuses this time. It's for keeps this time and I AM going to lose the weight and keep the weight off.

Kagome75, you're such an inspiration. I'm not looking for a quick fix because I know now, after six years of looking for one, that they don't exist. I know that the only way I'm going to do this is by being fully and totally committed to the cause.

Lass321, good luck on getting a first. You can do it! We both can!

Your post sounds so determined and positive. I think you get to a state of mind where you feel enough is enough. I have a friend who lost 7 stone on weight watchers and did really well. Wishing you all the best at uni and don't give in to the the cravings!! ;) x Angi

Back