This is the last time!

GemBino

Silver Member
I’m back again 🙈

I have been guilty of sabotaging myself so many times! I don’t understand why I keep doing this to myself - one step forward, three steps backwards. Not any more. I know it’s not healthy.

This is it now - I don’t want to be on and off TFRs for another year of my life. I don’t want to waste another year by feeling down and upset about something which is ultimately in my control.

This is all or nothing..... and in the grand scheme of things, 8 weeks is nothing and the time will pass anyway, I may as well make the most of it!

Yes this is going to be hard, but, I just need to remind myself that it won’t be as hard as it is currently.....waking up every day feeling uncomfortable and upset with my size.

I know from previous experience on a TFR that I need to keep busy and avoid ALL food (what’s the point otherwise!?). No exceptions. No excuses.

I can do this. I’ve done it before and I’ll do it again, but this time THIS IS IT.

Last edited:
Five 100% days completed and I’m feeling better physically and mentally already.

I’m not tempted by anything at the moment but I do find weekends more difficult 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m not sure if it’s because I don’t have the distraction of work / the lack of structure to my day or because my Husband is a feeder 😂 We only really have time together at weekends and that usually involves indulgence of nice foods - we are a pair of food sluts 😂

I ended up eating last Saturday night after starting Lipotrim on Wednesday 2nd and being 100% until Saturday evening when I gave into temptation 🙈 NOT AGAIN! No. I need to remind myself this is only temporary and that at the end of the day, it comes down to what do I want more? To be slim and healthy or indulge in something which will only give me a moment of gratification before feeling overwhelmed with guilt and putting myself back at square one? No thank you.

I am very much all or nothing so I have to be 100% strict (again what’s the point of being on the Lipotrim programme otherwise!?). Where I have failed in the past is when I’ve “justified” going out for a meal with family or friends and only having protein and salad/vegetables - but it’s not worth it - it changes my entire mindset and makes me want to continue eating because I get cravings for other foods....which I usually end up eating thus ruining my progress and prematurely ending my time on Lipotrim as I really struggle to get back on 🤭

My approach is to avoid all social engagements involving food - which is a little pants, but it is only 8 weeks 🙌🏼

😂

Attachments

• 054E4D99-EA14-42FB-AAF2-63FD42D50C63.jpeg
    054E4D99-EA14-42FB-AAF2-63FD42D50C63.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 26
I have purchased some body analyser scales......weight, fat, water and BMI - will be interesting to see what the results are over the next few weeks.

Hey GemBino!

Well done for getting focused, that’s the hardest part - starting! Me at the moment 🤦🏼‍♀️.

Anyway, you proved you can be focused 100%. And you can make healthy choices if you NEED to deviate, maybe just aim for one meal on the weekend to do this and keep it as healthy as you can. I am an advocate for having weight loss as a lifestyle change (somewhat of a challenge for on LT).

I think the most detrimental thing we do is mentally torment ourselves after be break focus, my point being, you’ll be back to it tomorrow (even if it is Sunday). So don’t even let those negative thoughts creep in 😉. Try and take control of the weekend days and the meals. Go only where you know there is a healthy choice for you, or pack a healthy picnic if you must.

You got this 👌😊.

Last edited:
Hey GemBino!

Well done for getting focused, that’s the hardest part - starting! Me at the moment 🤦🏼‍♀️.

Anyway, you proved you can be focused 100%. And you can make healthy choices if you NEED to deviate, maybe just aim for one meal on the weekend to do this and keep it as healthy as you can. I am an advocate for having weight loss as a lifestyle change (somewhat of a challenge for on LT).

I think the most detrimental thing we do is mentally torment ourselves after be break focus, my point being, you’ll be back to it tomorrow (even if it is Sunday). So don’t even let those negative thoughts creep in 😉. Try and take control of the weekend days and the meals. Go only where you know there is a healthy choice for you, or pack a healthy picnic if you must.

You got this 👌😊.

Hi Bren

Thanks for your reply 😊

I’ve not found this weekend to be too tough, which is good. I haven’t felt tempted but I do miss food!

I’ve had my beautiful little niece stay with me this weekend, she’s only 6 and just the cutest 😍

I couldn’t agree more with your comment about mentally tormenting ourselves - we are our own worst enemy and worst critic ☹️

Are you starting Exante?

I have purchased some body analyser scales......weight, fat, water and BMI - will be interesting to see what the results are over the next few weeks.

Hmmmm not sure if these were a good idea.... they weigh me 1.5-2lb more than my normal scales AND I don’t like the Fat % and BMI! ☹️ Feeling a bit annoyed with myself and down at the minute 🙈

Oh its always the case with new scales. Stay focused and don't let play on your mind - you've had a good week!

Nope, I'm calorie counting :)

I need to dissociate the feelings/emotions associated with the scales! They can completely change my mood - really quite pathetic in the grand scheme of things! After all, the number on the scales does not define you. I’ve heard some people call scales “The Sad Step”.

That’s great - calorie counting is much more sustainable than a TFR for sure!

I’m all or nothing at the moment - I need to lose 2st and then I’ll follow Slimming World to lose the rest. I agree with your comment regarding the lifestyle change - Lipotrim isn’t a lifestyle change, it’s an extreme weight loss programme.

Last edited:
Hmmmm not sure if these were a good idea.... they weigh me 1.5-2lb more than my normal scales AND I don’t like the Fat % and BMI! ☹️ Feeling a bit annoyed with myself and down at the minute 🙈

HI! I am starting on exante today for the umpteenth time!! I have read your comments and it's like i wrote them! In exactly the same boat! I also have some scales with the BMI, body fat etc. Its horrid at first but you'll get used to it - are they fitbit? I just weigh and don't look sometimes as then i have the record but then i'm not obsessing over the numbers! Good luck!

HI! I am starting on exante today for the umpteenth time!! I have read your comments and it's like i wrote them! In exactly the same boat! I also have some scales with the BMI, body fat etc. Its horrid at first but you'll get used to it - are they fitbit? I just weigh and don't look sometimes as then i have the record but then i'm not obsessing over the numbers! Good luck!

Hi Tispot

It’s nice to hear someone can relate and that I’m not the only one.

No, they’re just Salter ones?

How has your first day been? First one is always the hardest I find 🙈

So I managed to get through the weekend 🙌🏼

I was not tempted by anything, but I realise how much I miss food at the weekends, I guess that’s because I’m not as busy so I have time to think about food!!

I had to have a bit of a “kick up the backside” talk with myself yesterday - all I constantly think about right now is my size/weight and how unhappy I feel about the aforementioned and in addition to being miserable back on a VLCD TFR 🙈 These thoughts quite literally consume my brain! It is so frustrating 🙄

There are so many positives in my life, my lovely husband, family and friends, my three furry babies, I have a job that I love...... and yet all I seem to focus on is this ONE SMALL aspect of my life. Why!?!?

Note to self: You have put on weight, so what - it is not the end of the world?! What’s done is done and you can’t change the past. Accept it and move on.

Attachments

• 45E7F577-BD7A-4AD5-B0A3-0FAD57E52F35.jpeg
    45E7F577-BD7A-4AD5-B0A3-0FAD57E52F35.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 17
Hi Tispot

It’s nice to hear someone can relate and that I’m not the only one.

No, they’re just Salter ones?

How has your first day been? First one is always the hardest I find 🙈
Managed to get through day 2 and i've come to bed early as I'm in danger of eating if i don't! Managed a workout this morning as well - nothing mega but made a promise to myself to do the fitness side this time too. How's it going with you? :)

Managed to get through day 2 and i've come to bed early as I'm in danger of eating if i don't! Managed a workout this morning as well - nothing mega but made a promise to myself to do the fitness side this time too. How's it going with you? :)

Well done Tishpot that’s great!!

Early nights are the best solution to avoid food!

Wow, how did you manage a workout? I was planning on doing some Yoga and I have a ball so I can hopefully do some toning exercises but I can’t manage anything too strenuous. I walked into town today, 40 minute walk and I felt quite tired!

Well done for day two hun - you’ll absolutely be in the zone by end of tomorrow 🙌🏼

Well done Tishpot that’s great!!

Early nights are the best solution to avoid food!

Wow, how did you manage a workout? I was planning on doing some Yoga and I have a ball so I can hopefully do some toning exercises but I can’t manage anything too strenuous. I walked into town today, 40 minute walk and I felt quite tired!

Well done for day two hun - you’ll absolutely be in the zone by end of tomorrow 🙌🏼
Well done to you too!! a 40 min walk is quite a feat! I have to take dogs every day and if i do a 40 min one sometimes i need a sit down half way through! Lower back pain - another reason not to give up this time! Re: workout i bought the 21 day fix. I follow the modifier where i need to and take it at my own pace but i find it really helps and also tones up as I go. There is a different workout everyday so you don't get too bored! (plus i HATE the gym and this i can do in my living room!)
keep going!! This is OUR YEAR!!!!! WHOOOOP!

Well done to you too!! a 40 min walk is quite a feat! I have to take dogs every day and if i do a 40 min one sometimes i need a sit down half way through! Lower back pain - another reason not to give up this time! Re: workout i bought the 21 day fix. I follow the modifier where i need to and take it at my own pace but i find it really helps and also tones up as I go. There is a different workout everyday so you don't get too bored! (plus i HATE the gym and this i can do in my living room!)
keep going!! This is OUR YEAR!!!!! WHOOOOP!

I did feel quite worn out after.

I love the gym, I used to go 5 times a week 🙈

I’ve not heard of it - I’ll look it up. I’ve not started to use my core stability / yoga ball yet - the plan is to watch some videos on YouTube.

I’m contemplating swapping over from Lipotrim to Exante..... 🤔 Lipotrim is £90 for two weeks so it is expensive, but I do prefer the flavour of the Lipotrim shakes as they’re not too sweet.

Undecided currently as I don’t want to spend more money on TFR products and potentially fall off the wagon as I remember craving food when I did Exante before 🙈 And I cannot risk falling off the wagon!!

Back