This is the perfect area of the forum!

Pipaluk said:
Quorn is brilliant. I had a bit of an experiment the other week, I bought a packet of normal mince and took the fat off it to see how much came off... I was gipping and it has put me off eating real mince for life so I started using quorn all the time now. The chicken pieces are great :) I had some yesterday with veg, rice and home made pepercorn sauce.. it was scrummy. I think Slimming World is absolute fantastic, I am loving the new ''changes'' in my life and I don't feel like I am on a diet. My goal was to fit into a size 14 dress for my 18th (which is on Friday) and I can fit into it really comfortably, so I am really happy! I am sure you will fit into your dress in no time... you will lose weight from your boobies, but of course it wouldn't be too good if you lost too much lol :D x

Hey :) happy birthday in advance! Quorn is expensive but worth it :) but I suppose meat is gradually getting more expensive so it's swings and roundabouts! Mmm peppercorn sauce is so nice! I'm having quorn mince tonight with veg and onion gravy :) yummy! My boyfriends going to be sad if I lose too much weight off of my boobs and bum but I'm sure he'll get over it :) xo

Hi Lau, its criminal just how much cheaper crappy foods are, I guess for me when I used to go shopping for my binge foods pre being on the healthy eating plan you would get all the buy one get one free or what have you, always special offers on chocs, biscuits, crisps etc whereas fruit is so expensive I have found, I tend to look for whatever fruit is on special offer but even on special offer its much more expensive than the binge type foods, I have really noticed my shopping bill going up since I have been doing my plan, I'm a veggie so have loads of Quorn things and its fairly expensive especially when on a budget. I have to say though my weekly shop looks far better when putting through the till though than it used to look so am no way near as embarrassed as I used to be when buying nothing but the unhealthy stuff.

I do my dog walks for exercise and have an exercise bike at home but am yet to use that as I am well over the weight limit at the moment and so am waiting until I get a little nearer the limit it specifies, don't want to put it under too much strain ha ha Do you think you will go to the gym in the future? its something I haven't had the confidence to do yet and as money is tight at the moment just can't afford to but hopefully in the future I might but for now its my two or three dog walks a day over the moors near my house.

Em xx

1978Emma said:
Hi Lau, its criminal just how much cheaper crappy foods are, I guess for me when I used to go shopping for my binge foods pre being on the healthy eating plan you would get all the buy one get one free or what have you, always special offers on chocs, biscuits, crisps etc whereas fruit is so expensive I have found, I tend to look for whatever fruit is on special offer but even on special offer its much more expensive than the binge type foods, I have really noticed my shopping bill going up since I have been doing my plan, I'm a veggie so have loads of Quorn things and its fairly expensive especially when on a budget. I have to say though my weekly shop looks far better when putting through the till though than it used to look so am no way near as embarrassed as I used to be when buying nothing but the unhealthy stuff.

I do my dog walks for exercise and have an exercise bike at home but am yet to use that as I am well over the weight limit at the moment and so am waiting until I get a little nearer the limit it specifies, don't want to put it under too much strain ha ha Do you think you will go to the gym in the future? its something I haven't had the confidence to do yet and as money is tight at the moment just can't afford to but hopefully in the future I might but for now its my two or three dog walks a day over the moors near my house.

Em xx

Hi Em, bikes have a weight limit?! Mines pretty sturdy, and my mum uses it and she's a larger lady :) I used to go to the gym 4 times a week for about 2 hours each time, and I had a personal trainer who was fab but I ended up gaining weight due to muscle mass which annoyed me! Im alsoway to self concious to go just yet, but there is a student gym near me who do monthly membership for about £13 :) On the healthy food front my Mum did the weekly shop at Lidl this week and bought a tonne of fruit and veg (really nice quality!) for a fraction of the price of say sainsburys etc! She also bought me Quorn mince which was £1.82! She said she's going to go there now because there isn't a lot of junk food in there unlike the big supermarkets. She got 4 onions there and they are MASSIVE and so tasty! Great for making falafel with :) or onion soup! Yummy :) Aldi is also very good for cheap fruit and veg. I think it's outrageous that we're all being told to have our 5 a day and to eat better foods but how can we when it's all over priced! Especially when money is tight in the majority of house holds! I'm due to move out of my parents home with my boyfriend soon and one of the things were concerned about is how on earth were going to be able to afford decent healthy foods! I think I might go to Lidl later actually and pick up more onions! On another note, how fab is this sun?!

Take care :)

xo

I know my bike says it has a limit of 14 stone I think, so better get walking for now! ha ha, I always fancied trying a personal trainer, at the moment I have a hairy one in the shape of my dog who always nags me for her next walk!

I shop between Tescos and Lidl one as they are both on my door step basically and so between the two I can often get some good offers but no way near the offers I managed to get when I was buying all the binge foods, I did watch a programme about the supermarkets that said they often do this on purpose and most offers are on the crisps, chocs etc.

I hope you are getting on well at the mo, Em xx

Hi Lau, I'm relatively new too.. I'm too old to mention, but its good to lose the weight when your younger. It use to drop off when i started another half hearted attempt a few years, but now it has to be prized off with a crowbar.

I see you were all talking about exercise equipment, well i have my eye on my daughters treadmill. It's one of many pieces of exercise equipment she has asked for for birthdays over the years just to gather dust in a corner, but with its weight limit of 100kg so I'll have to wait a while before nabbing it. I've never used forums before starting this time, nice to see a lot of friendly people around.

Good luck on your journey :)

I know my bike says it has a limit of 14 stone I think, so better get walking for now! ha ha, I always fancied trying a personal trainer, at the moment I have a hairy one in the shape of my dog who always nags me for her next walk!

I shop between Tescos and Lidl one as they are both on my door step basically and so between the two I can often get some good offers but no way near the offers I managed to get when I was buying all the binge foods, I did watch a programme about the supermarkets that said they often do this on purpose and most offers are on the crisps, chocs etc.

I hope you are getting on well at the mo, Em xx

Walking is great :) I need to get new trainers though! My battered old converse aren't really cutting it! It's awful, all a bunch of crooks! I'm getting on ok at the moment, although I went to the beach this evening and got a bit upset by all the gorgeous looking girls in tiny bikinis! We took a picnic which consisted of crisps, more crisps and jaffa cakes...FAIL! :( Hope you're ok!

xo

Hi Lau, I'm relatively new too.. I'm too old to mention, but its good to lose the weight when your younger. It use to drop off when i started another half hearted attempt a few years, but now it has to be prized off with a crowbar.

I see you were all talking about exercise equipment, well i have my eye on my daughters treadmill. It's one of many pieces of exercise equipment she has asked for for birthdays over the years just to gather dust in a corner, but with its weight limit of 100kg so I'll have to wait a while before nabbing it. I've never used forums before starting this time, nice to see a lot of friendly people around.

Good luck on your journey :)

Hey! I've been told that, and I'm already realising it was easier when I was 16! That's the thing with exercise equipment! They always seem to gather dust! You'll be there before you know it! :) Loads of friendly people on this, it's a fab forum! Good luck to you too :) Keep in touch!

xo

It is difficult when you say go to the beach or somewhere and you see really slim people around, the other day I went out feeling much more positive and then I got on to the water front and there were loads of really slim attractive people and immediately I go from head up walking proud to looking at the floor feeling like crap, its so silly but so many of us do this. I just had to keep thinking to myself that I am changing things and try and not let it get me down and send me to the nearest shop selling my binge food which I would have previously done ha ha

Oh and re the picnic, you need treats, I try and stay on track the majority of the time but the other day I had a planned treat day with my eldest niece, I had a massive lunch in this diner place of fries and veggie burger with cheesy garlic bread to start and then got to the sea side place and had a massive mint choc chip ice cream in one of those lovely large choc coated waffle cones ha ha it was my treat day and I enjoyed the food and whilst some people would be like "OMG you are eating that, thought you were meant to be on a diet" yet for me if 6 days a week I am eating healthy food and keeping to a normal calorie limit then my one day a week or one day every two weeks treat is much needed and very much enjoyed ha ha

Em xx

1978Emma said:
It is difficult when you say go to the beach or somewhere and you see really slim people around, the other day I went out feeling much more positive and then I got on to the water front and there were loads of really slim attractive people and immediately I go from head up walking proud to looking at the floor feeling like crap, its so silly but so many of us do this. I just had to keep thinking to myself that I am changing things and try and not let it get me down and send me to the nearest shop selling my binge food which I would have previously done ha ha

Oh and re the picnic, you need treats, I try and stay on track the majority of the time but the other day I had a planned treat day with my eldest niece, I had a massive lunch in this diner place of fries and veggie burger with cheesy garlic bread to start and then got to the sea side place and had a massive mint choc chip ice cream in one of those lovely large choc coated waffle cones ha ha it was my treat day and I enjoyed the food and whilst some people would be like "OMG you are eating that, thought you were meant to be on a diet" yet for me if 6 days a week I am eating healthy food and keeping to a normal calorie limit then my one day a week or one day every two weeks treat is much needed and very much enjoyed ha ha

Em xx

Yeah it sucks! Where abouts do you live? God that meal sounds heavenly!!! Today I've had two packs of wotsits (!!!) and a Chinese with veggie spring rolls. I felt so full after about 4 mouthfuls! Its defo the biggest meal I've had for about a week and a half which would explain it! I've now got a headache and regretting eating so much! :( stupid brain! Not feeling to great at all now :( xo

If either of you have a Farm Foods nearby you will find Quorn is cheaper in there. Also you can check on mysupermarket site to find out where the deals are.

It is true though fresh healthy foods are more expensive.

tranquility said:
If either of you have a Farm Foods nearby you will find Quorn is cheaper in there. Also you can check on mysupermarket site to find out where the deals are.

It is true though fresh healthy foods are more expensive.

Hey! I will check that out :) thanks :) xo

oh will have to check out the Farm Foods, there is one about ten mins down the road from me and I always pass the place so could do with stopping and checking it out.

Oh yeah Lau it was gorg, not a healthy meal choice but hey thats my one rule on my treat days be it once a week or once a fortnight nothing is off limits, I have what I want, no trying to do the right thing and have some healthy meal as I do that the rest of the time, its called my treat day for a reason! ha ha

Oh I live in Devon by the way, I'm a country bumpkin at heart!!

How are you Lau? Em xx

1978Emma said:
oh will have to check out the Farm Foods, there is one about ten mins down the road from me and I always pass the place so could do with stopping and checking it out.

Oh yeah Lau it was gorg, not a healthy meal choice but hey thats my one rule on my treat days be it once a week or once a fortnight nothing is off limits, I have what I want, no trying to do the right thing and have some healthy meal as I do that the rest of the time, its called my treat day for a reason! ha ha

Oh I live in Devon by the way, I'm a country bumpkin at heart!!

How are you Lau? Em xx

Hi sorry for the late reply! Been at my boyfriends in the midlands stuffing myself silly on binge food! Oops! I'm going to start having treat days now :) I'm in Dorset! So very close to you! I'm good thanks :) how are you?

xo

Hi Lau, just got back in from walking my dog, went to this area I hadn't been to for a while and don't think anyone can go there now as its so overgrown, had to fight my way through the bushes to get into the woods ha ha oh well that will have burned some calories !!

Yeah I'm good at the moment, had seventh week weigh in today and lost another 4 lbs meaning I have lost 2 stone 1 lb now in 7 weeks so am feeling so pleased with myself right now ha ha I haven't done this well in years, got a long way to go still but its a good start so I'm feeling much more positive.

I hope you had a nice time at your boyfriends place, oh you need the treat foods at times, I am planning a nice big meal out this coming week hopefully as I love a good Italian meal!

Em xx

Back