This is the perfect area of the forum!

Lau

I just posted in the introduction section saying I didn't want to let on how much I weight but after seeing the posts on here I feel way more comfortable!!! Woohoo! People that aren't 100lbs and trying to loose!

Right here goes...

I am:
5"7
SW: 21 stone 8
CW: 20 stone 12
GW: 9 stone 3

I know my GW is fairly low and unrealistic but you have to aim high (or low in this case!) I'm not on any particular diet at the moment but 11 weeks ago I became a vegetarian and through that I've lost 10lbs! :) I'm being much stricter now, allowing myself a certain amount of calories a day and making rules about when/how I can eat! If im not strict I'll just fail, and I've failed enough already!

So who's with me?! I'm in need of an up beat buddy who's got similar stats to me or who is similar age (I'm 20 by the way!)

xo

hi lau
welcome to the this part of the forum if you need a friend a giggle or a good moan this is the place everyone looks out for you and is there to help on good days an bad

good look on your journey

xxchezzxx

Hi! Thanks for your reply :) I enjoy moaning a lot! This forum is fab! Love it already!

xo

Good luck! I'm also 20, 17st and looking to get to around 8st :)

Nice to see some younger people here, I am actually only 17 and started off at nearly 20stone :eek: I would ideally like to be 9stone 4lbs but my Slimming World consultant advised me to set my target to something a little higher then once I reach that weight to take it from there. So at the moment I have set myself 12stone as my target, another 3stone 7lbs to go :) Although I am not actually a vegetarian, I do have a lot of green days on Slimming World and enjoy using quorn as a replacement.
Good luck, you've done fabulous so far and definitely got yourself going in the right direction x

I'm 34 but feel 20, does that count? :p

I started at 23 stones 9 lbs and have lost nearly 5 stones. Actually admitting your weight to people (you trust) is quite liberating and it means you're admitting it to yourself too. It will be a long and no doubt bumpy journey to the final goal, but setting little goals - both scales and non scales - to reach on your way (or should that be weigh?) really helps :)

Good luck and make sure you visit often and keep us updated, especially at the times you feel like you don't want to, it'll help you stay on track! xx

Pipaluk said:
Nice to see some younger people here, I am actually only 17 and started off at nearly 20stone :eek: I would ideally like to be 9stone 4lbs but my Slimming World consultant advised me to set my target to something a little higher then once I reach that weight to take it from there. So at the moment I have set myself 12stone as my target, another 3stone 7lbs to go :) Although I am not actually a vegetarian, I do have a lot of green days on Slimming World and enjoy using quorn as a replacement.
Good luck, you've done fabulous so far and definitely got yourself going in the right direction x

Hey! Quorn is a great substitute :) I had the chicken pieces for tea tonight :) also had some ice cream! Which was a bit cheeky! How is slimming world? My Nan was on it and lost about a stone in a month :) my first goal is your start weight! Haha! Then my second is 15 stone then I'll just work down from there :) I have a size 14 dress which I really want to fit into! It kind of fits now but its very tight in the boob area! I hope I lose weight off of my chest! Not too much mind!

xo

Morgenmuffel said:
I'm 34 but feel 20, does that count? :p

I started at 23 stones 9 lbs and have lost nearly 5 stones. Actually admitting your weight to people (you trust) is quite liberating and it means you're admitting it to yourself too. It will be a long and no doubt bumpy journey to the final goal, but setting little goals - both scales and non scales - to reach on your way (or should that be weigh?) really helps :)

Good luck and make sure you visit often and keep us updated, especially at the times you feel like you don't want to, it'll help you stay on track! xx

That counts! :) well done you! That's such an achievement! I bet you're well proud :) can't wait until I reach that mile stone! (no pun intended!) I haven't told my boyfriend my weight but he said he can tell I've lost already which makes me happy! I will defo keep updating, hopefully it will keep me on track :)

xo

M&M said:
Good luck! I'm also 20, 17st and looking to get to around 8st :)

Good luck to you too :) xo

That counts! :) well done you! That's such an achievement! I bet you're well proud :) can't wait until I reach that mile stone! (no pun intended!) I haven't told my boyfriend my weight but he said he can tell I've lost already which makes me happy! I will defo keep updating, hopefully it will keep me on track :)

xo

Aww thanks, yeah I am dead chuffed :D Your boyf sounds really supportive, lucky girl! Mine is also supportive but I have quite unsupportive ones in the past and really doesn't work, bleh! You'll be where I am before you know it I'm sure :D xx

Lau said:
I just posted in the introduction section saying I didn't want to let on how much I weight but after seeing the posts on here I feel way more comfortable!!! Woohoo! People that aren't 100lbs and trying to loose!

Right here goes...

I am:
5"7
SW: 21 stone 8
CW: 20 stone 12
GW: 9 stone 3

I know my GW is fairly low and unrealistic but you have to aim high (or low in this case!) I'm not on any particular diet at the moment but 11 weeks ago I became a vegetarian and through that I've lost 10lbs! :) I'm being much stricter now, allowing myself a certain amount of calories a day and making rules about when/how I can eat! If im not strict I'll just fail, and I've failed enough already!

So who's with me?! I'm in need of an up beat buddy who's got similar stats to me or who is similar age (I'm 20 by the way!)

xo

Hello! Welcome! I'm 25, 5ft7, started at 23stone!!! :-0 now I'm 19 st 11 lbs ish. Sounds like your doing fab already! :) x

X Kelly X said:
Hello! Welcome! I'm 25, 5ft7, started at 23stone!!! :-0 now I'm 19 st 11 lbs ish. Sounds like your doing fab already! :) x

Similar stats to me yay! Wow that's so good! Are you on any particular diet? Looking forward to talking to you :) xo

Lau said:
Similar stats to me yay! Wow that's so good! Are you on any particular diet? Looking forward to talking to you :) xo

Hi! I'm doing slimming world but it's been a bit slow. The weight loss has been since beginning of oct last year. I need to get my head back into it though. Which diet are you doing Hun? X

X Kelly X said:
Hi! I'm doing slimming world but it's been a bit slow. The weight loss has been since beginning of oct last year. I need to get my head back into it though. Which diet are you doing Hun? X

Fair enough :) I don't have the money spare to go to slimming world :( I'm not on any particular diet, just eating better and restricting my calories :) not restricting too much though as I've had problems with restricting before! Hoping not to get back into that mind set :) xo

Lau said:
Fair enough :) I don't have the money spare to go to slimming world :( I'm not on any particular diet, just eating better and restricting my calories :) not restricting too much though as I've had problems with restricting before! Hoping not to get back into that mind set :) xo

Yeah I know what you mean about money wise. They always say healthy eating is cheaper but I don't think it is. Plus convenience and junk is too readily available but hey ho I do what I can with what I got lol. Do you incorporate any exercise into your healthy eating? I'm going back to the gym on Wednesday next week I can't wait! X

Hi Lau, welcome to the group hun, oh you will find it such a great place to be , everyone is so supportive and we all have a lot of weight to lose. I am like you not doing a set diet / plan jut trying to eat more healthily and only have planned treats, I am a veggie and so am always trying to find lovely veggie meals, I had Quorn today as well, I love it!

I am 34 and weighed in 5 weeks ago at 22 stone 5 lbs I was mortified, I couldn't believe I ever let myself get that big but we all have to start wherever we are I guess and now my fifth week weigh in is 2moro morning and I am doing well just through eating sensibly.

Re what another poster said I agree, I am always being told eating healthily is cheaper but as I was a binge eater prior to this eating plan I never ate properly just binge foods and am actually spending more now on my healthy eating plan what with my veggie stuff, fruit etc etc but I have to stick with it as its turning my life around.

Em xx

Hey! Quorn is a great substitute :) I had the chicken pieces for tea tonight :) also had some ice cream! Which was a bit cheeky! How is slimming world? My Nan was on it and lost about a stone in a month :) my first goal is your start weight! Haha! Then my second is 15 stone then I'll just work down from there :) I have a size 14 dress which I really want to fit into! It kind of fits now but its very tight in the boob area! I hope I lose weight off of my chest! Not too much mind!

xo

Quorn is brilliant. I had a bit of an experiment the other week, I bought a packet of normal mince and took the fat off it to see how much came off... I was gipping and it has put me off eating real mince for life so I started using quorn all the time now. The chicken pieces are great :) I had some yesterday with veg, rice and home made pepercorn sauce.. it was scrummy. I think Slimming World is absolute fantastic, I am loving the new ''changes'' in my life and I don't feel like I am on a diet. My goal was to fit into a size 14 dress for my 18th (which is on Friday) and I can fit into it really comfortably, so I am really happy! I am sure you will fit into your dress in no time... you will lose weight from your boobies, but of course it wouldn't be too good if you lost too much lol :D x

1978Emma said:
Hi Lau, welcome to the group hun, oh you will find it such a great place to be , everyone is so supportive and we all have a lot of weight to lose. I am like you not doing a set diet / plan jut trying to eat more healthily and only have planned treats, I am a veggie and so am always trying to find lovely veggie meals, I had Quorn today as well, I love it!

I am 34 and weighed in 5 weeks ago at 22 stone 5 lbs I was mortified, I couldn't believe I ever let myself get that big but we all have to start wherever we are I guess and now my fifth week weigh in is 2moro morning and I am doing well just through eating sensibly.

Re what another poster said I agree, I am always being told eating healthily is cheaper but as I was a binge eater prior to this eating plan I never ate properly just binge foods and am actually spending more now on my healthy eating plan what with my veggie stuff, fruit etc etc but I have to stick with it as its turning my life around.

Em xx

Hi Em! I had the same feeling when I stepped on the scales! Thought I was 19 stone at the most, so it was quite a shock! I've been making myself falafel recently, they're a great low cal snack or as a meal with a salad :) I find binge food is so cheap! You can get a massive bag of crisps and loads of sweets and chocolate for the price of a decent sized pack of strawberries! Ridiculous! Oh well, that's just how it goes I suppose :( thanks for your comment :) xo

X Kelly X said:
Yeah I know what you mean about money wise. They always say healthy eating is cheaper but I don't think it is. Plus convenience and junk is too readily available but hey ho I do what I can with what I got lol. Do you incorporate any exercise into your healthy eating? I'm going back to the gym on Wednesday next week I can't wait! X

Junk food is way to easily available and cheap! Defo agree with you on that one! No exercise at the moment. I have a exercise bike so I'm going to start using that then once I get to an ok size I'll get a gym membership :) there's a great one in my local town aimed at students so it's dead cheap :) xo

Back