Extra Easy This is weird!!!

clarri

Gold Member
Well, what a super new and shiny Forum!! I havent been here in a few years, mainly due to getting tied up in a few things that are in the past, but now, Im a Slimming World member, I decided I would start a diary again and keep track of myself, and of course, glean inspiration from fellow members!!!
First thing you have to know about me is that this "journey" is the last and final one I will take in relation to my weight loss. I have been on this merrygoround for far too long, so I am really working so very hard on the head stuff this time, even more so than the weight loss - yes, I know that sounds contradictory but I know what I mean!!! I have been having counselling alongside going to class, so I am super determined that I will get to my target and that it will then be a life style and I will have sorted my demons.
So, on the back of that bit of info, I have lost a grand total of 8lbs since last September. Horrifically awful weight loss I know, but as I said, for me, the most important bit is working on the mindset first, and it will all start to tick along. I am one of the really slow losers ANYWAY, so I have had to bring my expectations way down to find peace with this.
Im getting there - I definitely am - I am having more and more days where the emotions dont rule my eating, which can only be a good thing.
I live in Ireland, so Slimming World is relatively new to us - I think they have been here about 3 years now. Before that I was doing Unislim, which is kinda similar to SW but more restrictive. I cant do restriction - tell me I cant have something and I will go and have double it - yes, sounds like a petulant teenager, but I sort of am!! (A 47 yr old petulant teenager!!). Ive done them all - calorie counting, South Beach, WW, Low Carb, 5:2, etc etc. Slimming World suits me best because I can literally find alternatives to everything as long as I accept that to lose the weight I have to cut some things out, OR make the choice not to have them. Its like Im parenting the toddler me!!
My goals?? I remember a few years ago, my biggest goal was to have a breast reduction - I have one much larger one, but they are also G/GG cups and do affect me. BUT, I developed a chronic foot condition in the past 3 years, which has left my mobility severely restricted. I have major surgery on my right foot in Feb 2015, and it has taken a good year for recovery, but I am waiting on the left one, so I am still very restricted, and cant test the new foot because of it.
So, that is number 1 goal - to lose weight to be literally lighter on my feet.
2. to get rid of the "apple" belly - Im a typical apple with a lot of fat around my middle, so I really dont want to develop any of the health problems that go with it.
3. To actually finally just lose the weight and be at peace with myself.

I have no time limit, no goal weight although I reckon around 11 stone, which means about 4 stone to lose. I know it can be done, and I am going to do it.

So, just about this week so far. I have been mooching around different classes. I really do like my consultant but finding the classes are getting a bit boring, so as I had an appointment last week, I decided to go to a different class which was on Saturday - (my class is Tues). I was up ½ and was quite honestly peed off. I really had been staying on plan, (in my head). But I was determined not to let it get to me, and on true and honest reflection, I guess I did go over syns with the odd "extra" here and there..... I also did something I havent done since I started Slimming World - I absolutely stayed on track on weigh day!! I always used it as an excuse to have the proverbial "treat" day - but why??? So, to see if SW REALLY does work for me, I am determined to have a 100% week - and be true to myself no matter what.

I LOVE to cook and change recipes around. Im not sure if I am allowed to say on here, but I do have a FB recipes page - called Tested and Tasted Slimming World Recipes... It keeps me motivated and inspires me to try new things.

So, thats me. Im looking forward to chatting interacting on here again. I used to love Minimins.

Hi welcome sounds like you have a long journey in front of you with your ops but I love your way of thinking it's not when or how long but when you get there, an I totally get the head thing im not even hungry but I've still eaten two wheatabix, 6 breakfast muffins, a chicken salad two apples an a orange good luck look forward to reading your posts

Hi hun good luck :) xxxx

Hi welcome sounds like you have a long journey in front of you with your ops but I love your way of thinking it's not when or how long but when you get there, an I totally get the head thing im not even hungry but I've still eaten two wheatabix, 6 breakfast muffins, a chicken salad two apples an a orange good luck look forward to reading your posts
Thanks a mill. Yea the operation is heavy duty stuff but worth it to be in less pain! At least everything you ate was good stuff!!

Yesterday was on plan again but it was an uber hungry day lurching from meal to meal. I'm astounded I still stuck to plan. My day ended on 13.5 syns. I have so much admiration for people who "can't" seem to use their syns.... I actually feel embarrassed cause I've never had under ten.... I usually use 5-6 during the day on things like salad cream, gravy, etc... But I always have my planned treat in the evening. Is this a bad habit to get into?? Or encouraging bad habits?? Or is it as Slimming World have planned... That I don't feel deprived and the syns are there to use.... I like to have my little Freddo caramel and Ringos... Should I be trying to not have them??? Hmmm.... Thoughts welcome!
This morning I had 2 scan bran choc carrot muffins.. 1.5 syns & 1/2 HeB... With pear and strawberries and lemon quark... My OH walked by and said.. cakes for breakfast??? Grrr..
So, thats my ramblings for this morning. I might be back later!

You should def have your treats they are within your syn allowance an I feel if I don't that's when you go of plan as you start to feel deprived an fall of the wagon, as for struggling to use syns or bs as if if count me out miss piglet me lol.

You op makes me shudder lol I got frustrated enough when I broke my leg

I to think you should use your syns hun. I sometimes save mine for treats in the evening :) xxxxx

Thanks peeps. I suppose Im just trying to find my own SW formula - but really and truly, when Im bang on plan, I go between 11 and 15 syns - and not all of that is treats. Oh I dont know. Tomorrow will tell - although it will only be a 5 day week, and then another 5 day week as I am heading over to Plymouth to visit my sister, and her class is Tues mornings. My scales are saying "you must be bloody joking" which is really piffing me off, but Im pretty determined.
Im cranky today. "Outer child" is really kicking up and Im doing my best to send it to the bold corner to shut it up!!
I will explain - Im reading/doing a self help book called "Taming Your Outer Child" - which basically goes on the basis that you have your "adult" self, an inner child and outer child. The outer is the one that keeps pushing you to make bad decisions about things in your life - I think of mine as a rebellious teenager who is feeling hard done by, and the inner is the one that wants whats best for you - so you have to develop a strong dialogue with the inner and "parent" the outer!!! Yes, I know it sounds a bit crazy, but seriously, it has made so much sense to me - Im working on it with my counselling as well, so it is getting me to a better, me, in the adult moment place!!
Anyway, yes, outer child wants me to go and buy a dirty big scone and slather it in butter, cream and jam and ram it into my face, while inner child is saying (far too quietly), that is not what is best for you at this time, so have a good think about it before you do. I think the fact that tomorrow is weigh day means inner child will be listened to - yay!
I went to the cinema last night - brought a can of diet coke and a bag of bitter grapes - :confused: - but Im happy that I made a conscious decision not to fall headlong into a share bag of Maltesers - (outer me!!!!)....
Today Im going to a funeral.. Im hoping we wont feel compelled to join the after do - which usually consists of heaps of hard to resist sambos with white bread, butter and lots of evil fillings.
So, there you have it - a cranky Clarri today. Feelings of discombobulation. Lets hope the day improves. :)

Hey Hun chin up tomorrow's weigh in may surprise you i never weigh anywhere else I think if the scales are not accurate or the same reading as every pair you stand on (an that's impossible I'm 4lb heavier at my doctors) then you spend the rest of the day or week beating yourself up about it that's when you feel like giving in to that naughty inner child. Well done on not giving in an putting up with sour grapes at the cinema shows you have already taken the first steps to shutting the naughty child up lol. Hope the funeral goes well an resist those dreaded sarnies grab a pack of fruit

Chin up your doing fab

Thank you so much @Sexyshell135...
Well I got a surprise... 1.5 down... In 5 days... Was really happy with that... But then went on to have a day of eating rubbish *see food diary of you really want to!!*
Tomorrow I get right back to it.... I think in the back of my head I know I'm going away next week but I'm going to my sisters who is also on slimming world so it won't exactly be a week of excesses! I don't know... Feeling out of sorts! But tomorrow is a fresh new day!

We all have hard days hun HUGS But getting right back on it is the key well done :) xxxxx

That's what I do let it go an get back to plan hopefully your sister will be good an keep you on track

Morning. Sorry I went awol. I was in England visiting my sister last week, and to be perfectly honest, not only was I off plan, but I sort of forgot about minis!!!! Aaarrrgh... I was away from it for so long!!!
So, I didnt stay really on track as I had planned. I wasnt awful, but still, holiday mode kicked in a bit. I went to my sisters SW class, and was 1/2lb up, but I put that to water retention after travelling!!!
So I got back late Sat evening and as of Sunday got straight back on plan. Thats what I love about SW, I dont let a few bad days continue. Its so easy to just get right back to it. I havent a clue about weigh in tomorrow. Im heading back to my usual class as of tomorrow, and am looking forward to seeing all my SW buddies. I realised after visiting a few different classes that this is what makes the class - the support from the other members.
So thats about it for me, not much to tell. I came back with a little haul of Options, cherry bakewell Twinings tea, and a box of grapenuts!!!! All things we cant get over here!!! (we can get options but not certain ones!!). Now I have to source a way to get beef spaceraiders!!
So, thats all my news. Ill be back later. xx

Morning. Sorry I went awol. I was in England visiting my sister last week, and to be perfectly honest, not only was I off plan, but I sort of forgot about minis!!!! Aaarrrgh... I was away from it for so long!!!
So, I didnt stay really on track as I had planned. I wasnt awful, but still, holiday mode kicked in a bit. I went to my sisters SW class, and was 1/2lb up, but I put that to water retention after travelling!!!
So I got back late Sat evening and as of Sunday got straight back on plan. Thats what I love about SW, I dont let a few bad days continue. Its so easy to just get right back to it. I havent a clue about weigh in tomorrow. Im heading back to my usual class as of tomorrow, and am looking forward to seeing all my SW buddies. I realised after visiting a few different classes that this is what makes the class - the support from the other members.
So thats about it for me, not much to tell. I came back with a little haul of Options, cherry bakewell Twinings tea, and a box of grapenuts!!!! All things we cant get over here!!! (we can get options but not certain ones!!). Now I have to source a way to get beef spaceraiders!!
So, thats all my news. Ill be back later. xx
Hey good to see you back I could always send you some if you like I have a cash an carry card so buy them
In boxes but that may be dangerous lol glad to see you enjoyed your holiday an welcome back

Hey good to see you back I could always send you some if you like I have a cash an carry card so buy them
In boxes but that may be dangerous lol glad to see you enjoyed your holiday an welcome back
HI Shell.... that is soooo kind. I just might take you up on that offer!!!
So, weigh day - Only up ½lb!!!!! Amazing!!!! I was genuinely amazed by this. But at least Im back on track. I am so going to get some weight off this week. So watch this space. Got a box of the new banana milkshake bars. Nummmmnummm - not too sweet either, so Im delighted.
Going to do a meatball and linguini pasta thing tonight.

I do the shop in our group an not had them in yet hopefully this week my kids always rob me for the rocky road ones I'm gonna try get back on plan need a kick up the bum but had to buy a 16 joggers the other day makes a change from 18/20 yay good luck for this week Hun

Back