This is what I call my JUDDD diary

CheeseGirl

Gold Member
Hello there,

I've just defected from Dukan to join up with all you jolly juddderers :)

Just a bit of background - started dieting last spring by doing Cambridge for about 5 months until I just couldn't hack it any more. Lost 70ish pounds and then floundered a bit, spent a few months shoveling all kinds of food into my face until I'd gained back 30lbs (to be fair though, they say you always gain back your first weeks' loss on a vlcd just because of the glucogen and for me that was almost 14lbs). Got my act together again and found Dukan and over the course of about 6 months I lost the regained 30lbs plus about 8 more. Just about then I started to feel major diet fatigue and the losses had screeched to a near halt, and then 2 weeks ago I banged up my foot quite nicely so began a pity party (read: lying on sofa and eating and watching the idiot box).

SO, that brings us to yesterday. I decided I was mentally prepared to continue my weight loss journey and so last night I finished reading Dr Johnson's book and today is my first JUDDD day - a down day.

What I ate today:
Breakfast - swissi cereal bar for 106 cals
Lunch - 100g mixed salad with 5 sprays of balsamic vinegar for 25 cals and 1 slice deli ham for 45 cals
Dinner - couldn't wait until 5 so had it at 3pm, 1 tin Mexican style beans with tabasco sauce for 370 cals

which puts me at 546cals for the day. I'm not counting the sf jelly as that's less than 10 cals.

So that's me. Looking forward to chatting with you lovelies and following your diaries!

Enjoy the rest of your what I call Monday :D

Ah yes, spelling mishaps :) I usually spell alright but sometimes when I speak my second language people spout their drinks through their noses :)

It's 6pm and my tummy's growling. I expected this, especially since I've been eating everything I wanted the past 2 weeks, and it actually feels nice to be hungry. I know, I'm a freak :)

Well, down day #1 firmly behind me! Not as hard as I thought it would be (not easy either, mind) but certainly doable. Did not wake up feeling ravenous so that's good too. I'm going to attempt something I've never been able to manage in my whole adult life - I'm going to eat normal meals at normal times and keep my snacking to fruit and maybe protein bars, and keep the cheese eating to the meals and not eat huge chunks of it in between. I never realised how many calories were in full fat cheese and frankly, I could probably have half of my 2000cals each day in just cheese! Also will not be buying any cakes or other sweets - I've been known to eat a 900g raisin brioche over the course of a few hours and not feel full :(

Glad you survived your first DD. Enjoy your UD, having normal meals at normal times is a very good idea on your UDs... I have found with this, I have eventually stopped needing to snack in between meals at all.

First UP day nearly under my belt - but I am done eating for the day. I don't think I did too badly but I have no idea how many calories I consumed. How sad I've no clue of calories, not even to make an educated guess as to how many I had! If I had to venture a guess though, I think I was probably somewhere near 2000 and I don't think I went over. I'll try to be mindful for a while at least until I get the hang of estimating, maybe retrieve the diet kitchen scales from the appliance graveyard and dust them off... I hate that a good lot of the pre-programmed foods are prepackaged crap I don't buy or can't get here!

Oh my, I just came to an ugly realisation - if 500 cals in a day has me feeling I'm starving to death then I must have been eating well over 3000 cals a day previously to feel full!!

But I am determined to do this and I hope within a week I'll be firmly in the zone :)

Yo CG, I reckon I can stuff 4000 calories in without trying very hard ..... terrible!! That's why I NEED to count.

Hope your day is good :D

P x

I really hate being a bottomless pit!

I have about 50 cals left for today - guess that means a sachet of instant soup. It's not that the dd is particularly hard, it's just frustrating when you're used to stuffing your face constantly. I'm glad to feel not stuffed and I think I need to do reduced carbs on up days - yesterday I had lots of pasta and it just made me all bloaty. Might try the low-carb pasta, see if that's any good :) Now, off to plan tomorrow's menu so I can keep in control!

I'm struggling a bit with the 36ish hour cycle so I may have to move to a 24 hour one. I know everyone says the longer fast is better in terms of weekly weight loss but tbh I'd be right happy with 1lb a week. Of course another suggestion is to simply fast on down days - not eat anything at all to prevent waking up the hunger monster and that would probably be very true in my case as I was more or less fine today until I ate a tin of lentil soup around 3pm and an hour later I was in the fridge trying to see what I could eat for my remaining 50 cals. Such fun!

Ha ... I too had lentil soup at 3pm!

I'm finding 24 hour fasts (Hann's Way!) much, much, much more manageable CD.

P x

Good much CG xxx

Back