this isn't working for me

jenny t

:cry:I have just weighed myself and I have only lost 0.25lb thats a total of1.75 in 3 wks,It can't be the scales as my husband who is doing it with me has lost 9lbs, we both have about 3st to loose, I am following it properly having 29pp per day I only used some of the 49 one week and that week didn't loose anything, don't know what to do now :wave_cry::wave_cry::wave_cry:

Can you upload a food diary for the week?

I don't write it down I track online but it is mainly shreddies with half pint semi skimmed goats milk with banana for breakfast 7pp.
4sl ww bread with salad cream lettuce tomatoes and cress 8pp or lentil soup 4pp ryvita with philidelphia light 4pp,
dinner is meatof some sort with veg with potato or pasta or rice and if I have anything left , I have crisps or a mini magnum, I eat fruit for snacking drink water or tango light don't drink tea or coffee, weigh everything down to the last g

maybe you are not eating enough? I find that when I drink too many fizzy drinks I don't lose because they bloat me, try to keep them as a treat. If you shake up the food a bit having different things that might help

Last week I was very good stayed 100% to my daily points and used no weeklies and none of my activity points and I put on 1lb. I was gutted.

This week I used nearly all of my 49pp and I lost 1.5lbs.
I really think some people need to eat the majority of their weeklies to loose anything and I'm certainly one of those people and it sound like you may be too. Also make sure you drink lots of water, not fizzy drinks. Good luck for next week.x

Hi Jenny, Don't lose heart! My daughter is doing the same diet and she had a struggle at first but has lost 3lb this week. Takes some peoples bodies a bit longer than others to get into gear and I think you will find next week will be better.

Taken me since last April to lose my 29lb so it's been a long and winding road for me too!

Keep up the good work, I'm sure you will get there eventually and you know it will be worth it!...:)

I don't write it down I track online but it is mainly shreddies with half pint semi skimmed goats milk with banana for breakfast 7pp.
4sl ww bread with salad cream lettuce tomatoes and cress 8pp or lentil soup 4pp ryvita with philidelphia light 4pp,
dinner is meatof some sort with veg with potato or pasta or rice and if I have anything left , I have crisps or a mini magnum, I eat fruit for snacking drink water or tango light don't drink tea or coffee, weigh everything down to the last g

HI Jenny, sorry only just caught up with this thread! Have you tried cutting down on the carbs, you will find it will give you more points to spend elsewhere plus you may find your losses better... If I put down a typical day's food for me you'll see what I mean:

Breakfast: Greek yoghurt with blueberries and banana and 1tsp of honey (4pp)

Lunch: 0pp or 1pp homemade soup with a toasted pitta or a chicken & Bacon or ham and egg salad.

Dinner: Chicken casserole with 200g new potatoes and a ton of steamed veg, or stir fry with tons of veg, or shepherds pie made with potato and swede mash, again tons of veg.

Always followed by a weight watchers frozen desert.

The above normally totals between 18 and 22 points, leaving me anywhere between 7 and 11 points to snack on during the day - meaning I am NEVER hungry...

thanks , Dolly Mixture, Tonic and Emmaline

Thanks for your help ladies, so far this week I have eaten over my 29pp but still have 40 weeklies left along with 15 activity points as I have upped my activity as well, I mainly have milk with breakfast and water throughout the day a glass or so of fizzy in the evening, have been having soup at lunchtime, have cooked some rhubarb and will have that for breakfast with total light yoghurt, really hoping I will loose something this time, I think it's the fact my husband is doing so well without having to think about it , haha, maybe I am stressing to much about it :D:D;)

I would imagine if you have upped your activity buy are not eating your weeklies or activity points then you are not eating enough to provide your body with enough fuel. Good luck

Thanks for your help ladies, so far this week I have eaten over my 29pp
I think it's the fact my husband is doing so well without having to think about it , haha, maybe I am stressing to much about it :D:D;)

That is soo annoying isn't it? But men do lose weight a lot quicker than woman on th whole. Don't know why but it is a fact!
And the stress thing is a def nono to losing the weight. Makes you retain fluid - and feel awful to boot!

Hope you soon get some losses....:)

I'm having the same kind of problems lost 4lbs to start with and in the last 3 weeks only lost between 1-2lbs!! I've done the old plan before and not used to this slow progress! Think I'm going to cut out fizzy drinks this week and see how I go... X

I think you lose weight faster on discovery because we lose a lot of carbs which causes a rapid lose of water. Therefore we lose a lot of stored carbs but not fat, which you lose on pp! Not sure if this is what happens but I assume and slower weight lose usually means it's easier to maintain :) so keep yer chin up you'll do it :) xxx

just reading your comments, and im thinking you could try eating more of vegetables like home made soup and fruit this will give the body more food to burn and help to loose the pounds. There is a yummy smoothie that is only 2pp made with banana, carton of low fat yogurt and strawberries whisked with hand blender and is very filling too. hope you get better loss this week. And by the way have been on diets with hubby and it makes me sick as he loses loads so easy and eating toast late at night :mad:

Back