this needs to stop- New me starts today

sweet-like-coco

Well, after "planning" a binge for next monday i ended up eating badly for 4 days in a row and I have gained 4 pounds although i am guessing most of it is water weight- this is always what happens with me.

However the problem is I need to change my mindset. Why do I feel this need to binge? I feel crap when I eat crap...

This is stopping right here, right now. There will be no binge and I need to get focused. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

i was sitting on my bed yesterday and looked at myself in my wardrobe mirror and was DISGUSTED. I refuse to be fat anymore, and I refuse to be ruled by food.

Say hello to the new me- she is by no means perfect, but she has stopped moaning, complaining and being weak. She now just gets on with it and faces her challenges with courage and determination

Well done for the new positive you :clap: I truly believe that with a positive attitude you can accomplish what you want.

In the past I have always looked at my excess weight as the reason why I was unhappy, its taken years of dieting and binging to get me to the stage where I finally realise my weight is the symptom of me being unhappy and not the reason for it :character00238: A huge lightbulb moment for me.

The final realisation came after months of comfort eating when I lost my mum last year. It hit me that I could carry on eating but it would not bring my mum back. I would still be grieving but fatter as well. I will not pretend I have got all the answers and I'm not perfect with my eating by any means - but no more eating to hide my feelings. If I'm sad I cry, if angry I express myself in an appropriate way and so on.

I am still not happy with the way I look but I accept it and am happy I am doing something about it - and I am not prepared to sabotage my plan anymore.

Positive thinking and positive attitude can help to make this journey so much easier and has certainly helped me to find myself again. I may be close to the fattest I have ever been, I still miss my mum, butI am happier and more chilled out than I have been in years - mostly through positive thinking.

I hope your change in attitude has the same effect for you -- huge well done :D

Go you! If you feel like having a binge again just thing back to the time sat at your mirror! You know exercise will make you feel better than food for longer? Try a bit instead of eating :D

Back