This time I mean it :-)

SammyanthaG

I think there is a forum called that but I am sticking with the calorie controlled one for now...

Like lots of people here my weight has crept up year on year. But it's so bad now I daren't tell anyone who knows me and I am here incognito (wraps cape round her face).

Aiming to just eat three square meals a day at around 1800 to 2000 cals and be more active - going for a lifestyle change not a crash. Although a jump-start might be nice...

Have managed to stick to it for two days so far, yaay! But going out for lunch tomorrow, the first of two post-Christmas Christmas meals. So will I have some booze to go with my lunch? Watch this space....

Hello there!
Just popping into say hi and hope your this is your year to get fabulous 🙂
What ever happens at the meal it’s one day just get back on it and make the other days count, good luck x

Thanks skydragon :)

I'm not stressing too much, just have to decide my strategy for such events in the coming year. I think 'enjoy it and don't worry' will be the answer :)

Had just two glasses of red wine. Also managed this evening not to eat the one remaining chocolate. Calorie-wise it wouldn't have been the end of the world but I decided that it was worth it for the self-discipline. Eating in the evenings has been a big problem for a while and I have now gone three whole evenings without doing it, woohoo!

First Saturday since I found mimimins, was planning for a weekly update here at least.

Although in fact I have decided to try to do daily. I aim to be as honest as I can. Not being so is only fooling myself, not anyone else.

Have eaten a big box of chocs over the last few days, an extra 600 cals per day. It hasn't put weight on but has put my cals up to a 'maintain' level not a weight-loss one. Still, they are eaten now.

Just have to stick to my plan

Weetabix for breakfast - it's a fixed/measurable size

Lunch at a client - buy a 300-400 cal sandwich and take an apple and yoghurt

Lunch at home - soup plus 2 slices bread plus 40g low fat cheese if the soup is low protein, plus apple and yoghurt

That leaves 800 cals for dinner (total 1800 per day). Will attempt some low cal recipes starting with Rosemary Conley's chicken curry tonight.

Fruit only for snacks, or a small glass of milk

Apart from the chocolate blip I am still managing not to eat after dinner which is good. But then I am in the first two weeks after my totm. Hopefully it will become a habit and I won't break it when/if I get the munchies in the second two weeks...

15 minute walk each day building up to 30m in Feb and start the NHS 3mile (5k) run programme from March (currently getting over a 4 week chest infection so pacing myself)

I think that will do for today :)

Except... Recording my motivation for this year. Talking to friends over Christmas about my weight one of them was a bit dismissive about my plans as they have failed in the past. Maybe he was trying to make me think differently but in fact he just made me a bit cross and determined to show him that I can do it!

Hey Samantha!

Welcome, .... MM's is a great site, even if I have been AWOL for 3 years :eek:.

Well done on curbing your evening snacks during the week, thats my issue at the moment. And trying to log on more than once a week and keeping it honest is definitely a plus for staying focused.

Bren
x

Oops, stopped for petrol last night and succumbed to a crisp deal. Tempting to give up altogether but I have managed to get back on board today (avoided the biscuit tin at work, yaay!).

You're right. Sunday is my sort of day off anyway. Trouble is I could easily find an excuse for every day to be an 'off' day ! :)

Hi LittlemissNaughty, thanks for dropping by :)

I aim to weigh in on Monday morning, to see what the damage was over the weekend and then get back on track. But Sunday nights are often bad as I am driving back from my mum and often go for petrol and end up with sweets etc. as well. Just have to think of another strategy. I popped to the shops this afternoon to get a few bits and avoided the 'what treat can I have' moment, just have to keep at it till they go away.

Is there a Monday weigh in thread? I have been writing it up week by week on a chart on the fridge. That was one of the things I did in the past when i lost weight successfully - seeing the figures going down a 1lb per week is a good incentive and no hassles about logging in or my battery being flat!

Thanks LittleMissNaughty, posting daily has proved a bit of a challenge, will aim for Saturday mornings as a minimum. I gave myself a couple of days off and having weighed myself this morning I am regretting it. Oops! Maybe Saturday should be my weight-in day. We'll see.

On a (non) related note, in the olden days (mid-90s) I used to buy Slimming Magazine, alas no more. They were mainly a calorie controlled diet. I kept a copy plus some articles of successful dieters, I might post some of their stuff here. It seems to me that a lot of us here have quite a bit of knowledge about dieting but I thought it would be a useful reminder for me and of interest to newbie members

does anyone keep an eye out for new members? there are a few since new year with no responses yet, but plenty of reads, I have tried replying/liking some but running out of brain power and signing off now

Back