This time I mean it :-)

Hhmmm. Not had a very good day work wise or generally. Weight wasn't down, or up this morning. And I have given in this evening and overeaten. I am mostly annoyed at my lack of discipline. I have been doing well with my meals and it has extended into other areas of my life. Must make sure I get back on now, not put it off till 'tomorrow' (which we all know never comes...). I am going to blame hormones for my weight not going down (because I am carrying extra water) plus the tiredness I am still feeling after a 4 week chest infection. So there fat!!!!

Last edited:
Thank you, yes all forgotten today. Have been much better, sunshine this morning helped :)

I have started writing my daily food in a week to view diary. After reading the 'onplanuary' thread yesterday I have made room to tick each day to say I stuck to the plan... I think that will help

(Chest cleared up 10 days ago but I am getting tired still, having to balance losing weight with recovery...)

Had a friend to stay and we have been to Hampton Court today. On the plus side I also tidied the spare room. On the minus side my eating has gone to pot. And my feet still hurt from carrying my weight all day and my back is stiff from carrying my belly, yuk. Must remember that as motivation to get back on the plan, starting here. I am not giving up.

Hi Sammyantha

I have a similar issue with temptation
Damn petrol stations!
We need to accept that we cant avoid treats for the whole year - it is going to happen - we just need to learn how much and how often

Once I’m focused I snack on chicken rather than a multipack of doughnuts
if there’s doughnuts in the office I’ll share one with someone rather than ask how many I can have lol

Just take it one day at a time
(Really hope I don’t have a binge today after sounding all wise lol)
967B7C99-3F87-475D-AF22-5D47E4FFFB1D.jpeg

And another two weeks gone! Have just put a reminder in my calendar to check in here every afternoon in the hope it will motivate me to eat better - late afternoon and evening when I am tired and bored are my worst times...

Wise words, thank you. I guess that adjusting one's eating after 20 years of rubbish is going to take a while. I am keeping my chin up, and closed, har har!

Yes adjusting is really hard but after a while you'll find that it gets easier. I've been calorie counting for over a year now and my eating habits have changed so much, it's now part of my lifestyle :)

Very nice Chinese meal last night!!

Nearly 3 months into the year and I am 2lbs heavier instead of 6lbs lighter!

3 healthy meals and 2 snacks and no alcohol, starts here!

On the plus side I did my stretches and Canadian Air Force exercises first thing this morning.

And I have put a pedometer on my phone with the aim of walking 10000 steps, although for today I will just see what my normal day looks like

2 out of 2 days so far, even managed to cook cauliflower cheese for tea (special low cal version without butter). Need to remember the pedometer tomorrow though

Doh!! Still hanging in there. Not doing very well but having some good days. Need to find a way/time to track it better.

Hang in there. Changing bad habits doesn't happen overnight. :)

1lb off this week, yaay!!

what have I done differently? eaten more fruit and no cakes, been getting to bed about midnight instead of 1am so less tired generally and less likely to have a munchie attack before I do go to bed, having supper a bit later, say 7pm, so I don't get so hungry by bedtime.

I started listening to Allen Carr's 'Lose weight the Easy Way' courtesy of our library's free audiobook downloads (not the comedian but the stop smoking expert). He talks about us being addicted not to food but to over-eating, and that the food manufacturers and supermarkets have got us addicted to sugar. Without getting too paranoid about it I think he has a point. Hence I am trying to avoid sweet things. Didn't get all the way to the end but I gather that he recommends a raw food/ vegan diet - which I am not quite ready for! Instead I am aiming for eating 3 good meals a day and getting to a healthy weight gradually. It is tempting to go for a low cal diet as some of you are doing, to get a fast start, but I want to get into good habits that last for life not just a quick fix that reverts later on. Watch this space, as they say....

Last edited:
For someone weaning herself off sugar I guess honey and toast for lunch wasn't the best option. Oops. But it was yummy :)

Back