This time I mean it :-)

Heyyy,

Sugar is the actual devil and the main reason I am currently calorie counting! I love the stuff, sweets, chocolate, cakes, biscuits and the absolute worse one and my favourite WINE !!! Maybe I need to read the Allen Carr book because I will always save calories for rubbish but I do try not to have it early in the day because it makes me crave it badly all day so I tend to wait until the evening. I fully know if I could drop the sugar it would improve the loses but it’s such a commitment!!
Looking forward to hearing your progress and how sugar free is going
Nicky x

Sad to say I sts this week. Although that is after treating myself to a bottle of wine over the week and succumbing to crisps and fruit juice at a quiz night last night. I need a better strategy!

So I have decided to do 3 weeks being strict, then one a bit relaxed. If I have treats every week it is just too easy to overdo it. I have written out a card of things I am not eating in my 'on' weeks, such as alcohol, crisps, cake to keep in my handbag and learn. Week 1 is nearly up and while it's not been perfect my weight is going down so here's hoping I have started to crack it. Another thing that has helped is that after years of battling with housework I have come up with a workable schedule for my week, I am getting things done without getting overwhelmed, and most importantly I am doing things in the evening not watching telly and getting bored or tired and eating, yaaay!

Except... Recording my motivation for this year. Talking to friends over Christmas about my weight one of them was a bit dismissive about my plans as they have failed in the past. Maybe he was trying to make me think differently but in fact he just made me a bit cross and determined to show him that I can do it!

Just found this from January - good reminder!

so I am chipping away at it gradually. I have got better at having quick but tasty things in for supper, need to be better at having stuff for lunches, and for dealing with days when I am out working (promised myself I would have a chicken salad sandwich always but the shop on Wednesday didn't have any sandwiches at all, must go earlier next time...). And keeping the kitchen tidy so its easier to use the cooker and the microwave. As a plus, instead of treating myself to chocolate etc on a Friday afternoon I bought a paper instead, still working my way through the word puzzles :)

just thinking out loud for minute, I see some people post there daily meals here, not a bad idea, but I think I will stick with writing it in a diary for now, just need to make sure I actually do it!

just thinking out loud for minute, I see some people post there daily meals here, not a bad idea, but I think I will stick with writing it in a diary for now, just need to make sure I actually do it!

I usually try to log my food on my diary on here, it is great for keeping motivated and also good to look back at when I'm struggling to think of meals.

Diet? What diet?

Ggrrr. Been really tired with my chest cold and eating too much. Have a week away at the seaside coming up, hopefully the sea air will clear it!

Being signed up to the 'slimmer for summer' thread though is keeping me focussed/ hopeful I will crack this!!

Diet? What diet?

Ggrrr. Been really tired with my chest cold and eating too much. Have a week away at the seaside coming up, hopefully the sea air will clear it!

Being signed up to the 'slimmer for summer' thread though is keeping me focussed/ hopeful I will crack this!!

Ah sorry to hear that you're not feeling too great. I'm sure the sea air will blow the cold away.

Have a holiday and the diet will wait till you get back :)

aaarghh!! Halfway through August and I still haven't lost any weight!! How am I going to get a grip on this??
Do something different!

Read the Obesity Code by Dr Jason Fung or look at some videos by Eric Berg. Maybe eating low carb or keto and omitting breakfast can be the game changer for you it's been for me.

You're right, I do need to do something different. Maybe just be disciplined. I'm not very keen on doing something drastic like keto etc, I just want to eat normally/ properly. Having my mum in hospital for 14 weeks over the summer and straining my cruciate ligament haven't helped, ggrrr :-(

At least I am still checking in here, that means I haven't given up yet and somewhere inside I do believe I can do it :)

Sounds like you've had a tough time. Eating real food with protein I yr first meal of the day - and maybe less grains, rice, beans and root veg - will get you results I'm sure.

It's funny you say keto is drastic - different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Keep in touch!

Still not quite given up.... October is the start of the last quarter of the year, possible to lose about a stone by the end of the year at the rate of a pound a week. I have thought in the past that it's a shame eating isn't like smoking - you can't give it up altogether. But I have decided I will go cold turkey after 9pm each day. At my current weight I should be able to eat 3 normal meals and if I avoid the sandwiches at midnight I should lose weight. Next question is am I brave enought to put this on Facebook in front of friends who know me and to whom I really will be accountable 😁

Well I managed it some days. I think today I will add updating my good diary every day. I'm thinking that trying to change all my habits at once isn't going to work, but one at a time, as long as they're not too far apart .

Hhmmmm. Well I finished the year 3lbs up. Not so good. But it could have been worse. I'm still working on it but I think I'm getting better at going to bed at a consistent time and not eating loads before going to bed.

Did anyone watch the BBC2 programme last year where they put 8 overweight people in a house for a few days and they talked about being body positive etc? I related most to the lady who hated herself for being overweight and for binging. She described going to the shops of an evening and buying stuff to eat, which I do too. But I got thinking about the fact that the bigger you get the more calories you need (to keep your heart and lungs working, see 'base metabolic rate' if you haven't come across it before). So maybe the binging stems from just being hungry and fighting it then giving in and stuffing. Instead I am allowing myself a calorie controlled 'supper' about 9 or 10pm and it seems to be working in that I eat a controlled amount. I have found too that I am not gorging on chocolates etc when I get given them. Here's hoping....

Back