This time I want it to last forever....

Tanya-Anne

Hi,

I previously lost 3st in 5 months with slimming world by going to class weekly. I put all 3st (and some) back on when I left my ex. Over the last 3 years I've started dieting at the beginning of every year and lost 1-2stone over the first 3 months but then completely fallen off the wagon and put it all back on again.

This time I'm hoping for it to be different. I've joined a gym and made the decision that I'm going to try and lose inches rather than weight but I am following the slimming world diet as well as working out.

I'm just here for some support and advice really as I'm not going to weekly classes.

I've done my first week following the diet and have been to the gym 6 days out of the 7. I've weighed in this morning and lost 2lb. If I'm being totally honest I'm a bit disappointed with this as every time I've started slimming world I've lost around 7lbs in my first week.

Does anybody have advice on what I can do differently next week to get a good result?

Hi Tanya-Anne, it's great to hear you're so motivated this time. Have you been drinking 2 litres of water per day? My consultant swears by this :)

Hi Tanya-Anne I have been a member since March this year and when I started I had 10 stone to lose. My first week was difficult too but it is just a case of stick with it - are you making sure you are drinking lots of water? and using your syns? I tried to do it using no syns at all at first because I was so unhappy at how much I needed to lose and this meant that I was not following the plan. Also, are you writing everything down? I found that I made some small mistakes in the first few weeks. Since then I have to say that I follow Extra Easy and I am 2lbs off 5 stone loss - so it does work :)

Tanya-Anne, well done for starting to try losing weight mid year instead of as a new years resolution doing that in itself seems to me like you mean business. But in your post you say you're happy to loose inches rather than weight & then go on to say you're not happy with 2lb loss?!?!?!?

Why are you not happy? you're 2lb lighter than what you were, continue doing what you're doing & you'll see the results.

Good luck;)

Hi,

I only started SW again Friday last week (following from home and on here, not going to a class) and so far I am yet to weigh in but feel so much better in myself and feel brighter.
The thing that I have found really helpful is planning my food. Last week I sat and wrote down all my breakfasts, lunches and dinner for the coming week using just free foods and HEs on the EE plan. Anything I've eaten as snacks or a glass of wine have been used as syns. Planning for me is definitely the key. If my main meals are planned and also yummy interesting foods I find that I'm not looking for naughty things in between as I'm satisfied from my meal.
I'm also someone that hits a diet with full motivation, loses 7lb in the first couple of weeks, then I let it slip and put it all back on the following week!
Really trying hard to stick to this and I'm pleased to say the EE plan is much easier than I first thought.

Hope you get on well with SW this time round. If you want to buddy up or chat or moan or whatever feel free to get in touch!

Jo

Back