This time I'm not lying to myself...

thinnerforever

My name is Vicky and I am a serial yo-yo dieter...we all know the scenario....January...the start of the year, "I'm definitely going to be slim this summer, and I'm going to put a bikini on when I go to the beach and look like the other toned beautiful women." (I live in Cornwall UK so go to the beach often) It usually starts well and I manage to lose a stone maybe a stone and a half, then suddenly I feel the need to start snacking again. At first it will be "Ok, I'll only have this one chocolate bar, and this one bag of crisps," before you know it you are spiralling back to your previous weight and heavier. Hoovering up my three children's leftovers.

This January hasn't started so well if I'm being honest, the first week I managed 4lbs which is a great loss, only to get downhearted and eat the next week because I knew it was my birthday, I suppose we are all too familiar I'll start on so or so date. I haven't posted my weight on Friday weigh in either which I understand I should do whether I have put weight on or not. My birthday is over now and Christmas is long gone and it's time to stop lying to myself.

I am limiting myself to around 1200 calories per day.I have also found a lovely app on my android phone from my Fitness Pal to help me with my calorie counting, there's even a barcode scanner which recognises quite a few foods which I'm finding fun.

Today, I actually did some exercise as well not huge amounts but a start. 2 x 10 mins on my exercise stepper which is about 8-10 inches high, so I could feel it working on my legs.

I also am listening to hypnosis recording, and will hopefully be doing so everyday from now on. Ok, it's not going to slim you down on its own but is good to listen to when you think you are hungry but your not or before a meal so you plan what your going to eat.

I think I've already managed around 6 whole glasses of water, good for me, I don't usually drink any.

I will try and update this as often as possible to help me stick to this diet. I am 12 stone at a height of 5"4. I am 27 years of age. I wish you all luck with your healthier lifestyles too!

Hi,
Reading your diary entry, was a bit like reading my own, I too am a yo-yo dieter. I am generally able to lose the weight, but then I start to gain the weight back as soon as I stop dieting.
4lbs in the first week is really good. I have in the past started, then had an excuse to stop, such as my Birthday, which was in December, then it's hard to get the momentum before Xmas, so I kept making excuses. I still have chocolate in the house from Xmas, but since starting my diet on Monday have not touched it.
I find the weekends hardest as I have a very structured week, so snacking is not an option, but sticking to that over the weekend is going to be a challenge.
I also used to do a hypnosis cd and I found it really helpful, leaving me with a refreshed and enthusiastic start to the day, but I would have to get up at 5.30am to do it now, so I am trying to push on without it.
I also understand the eating the kids leftovers, my son is a very picky eater and it's hard to see so much food go to waste, luckily my husband is generally on hand to finish it for him, does mean there are always snacks in the house though.
Are you losing weight for a holiday? I noticed your goal date is end of June.
Good luck with your diet, this time we will keep it off!

Good luck!

Hi,
Reading your diary entry, was a bit like reading my own, I too am a yo-yo dieter. I am generally able to lose the weight, but then I start to gain the weight back as soon as I stop dieting.
4lbs in the first week is really good. I have in the past started, then had an excuse to stop, such as my Birthday, which was in December, then it's hard to get the momentum before Xmas, so I kept making excuses. I still have chocolate in the house from Xmas, but since starting my diet on Monday have not touched it.
I find the weekends hardest as I have a very structured week, so snacking is not an option, but sticking to that over the weekend is going to be a challenge.
I also used to do a hypnosis cd and I found it really helpful, leaving me with a refreshed and enthusiastic start to the day, but I would have to get up at 5.30am to do it now, so I am trying to push on without it.
I also understand the eating the kids leftovers, my son is a very picky eater and it's hard to see so much food go to waste, luckily my husband is generally on hand to finish it for him, does mean there are always snacks in the house though.
Are you losing weight for a holiday? I noticed your goal date is end of June.
Good luck with your diet, this time we will keep it off!

That's the problem with Christmas isn't it? Its not just the few days its lasts its the Christmas chocolate that's still left there staring you in the face in January. Well done on starting your diet and not touching it. It does give you a sense of satisfaction leaving it there.

I'm probably the same as you quite strict on myself during the week, then it comes to the weekend and me and the other half will go out for a meal, but this time if I do it will have to be a salad this time...without the great amounts of cheese that I usually like :eek:.

My other half doesn't tend to finish kids leftovers mind you thats maybe why he is as thin as a rake!

No I'm not going on holiday, its just because I visit beaches all the time living down here and want to wear a bikini without embarrassment. That goal date is just a rough guide anyway, don't mind it taking a bit longer if needed!
I just noticed that you are from Somerset not to far away!

Good luck with you weight loss. I'm off to the scales in a mo to see if I have lost anything this week. I have a nasty habit of getting on them each day and then being upset about the ups and downs of my weight but the way I've got to look at is...any lost since last Friday is a loss! xx

Last edited:
Thankyou elm, good luck to you also!

Right just got on the scales again and i've lost a 1lb and a half, so now im 11 st 12 1/2 lb.

Well done on the weight loss!!!

I respect you so much for being brave enough to wear a bikini, no matter what size I am, even as a skinny 18 year old many years ago I was never comfortable in my own skin to wear a bikini.
I have eaten my healthy tea and my husband is out cooking his own tea, this is much better for me. Although it was irritating when his eyes lit up at the Subway voucher book which was put through our door. It's going to be tough tomorrow.
I also love cheese!!

I'm terrible when the kids come home from school as they are starving and I start picking! Also the weekends are tricky with them being at home as I always seem to be preparing food for them.It's hard not to sneak a few bits off their plate! I've found coming on here a great distraction and a great motivator!

I decided to make Monday my weigh in day to prevent me from binging on the weekend, Friday would have been easier but I don't want to make any slip-ups, especially this early in the diet!

Not really been as good as I should have been today, but I haven't overeaten. Didn't eat breakfast I was saving myself till lunch. I had a ploughmans lunch at the pub, mind you was a great lump of cheese so ate about a third of it and took the rest home in my bag. If I'd of eaten all that I may as well have had steak and chips lol.Then for tea I had healthy fried egg on toast fried in fry light spray. Not really my usual healthy meals..but not too overboard for a Saturday I suppose. I'm definitely not getting on the scales tomorrow though, probably a good thing I'm weighing myself far to often!

Good on you Senga weighing on a Monday you do need to be more disciplined for that. I just like that little bit of leeway so I can go out and have a relatively healthy meal at the weekend.

Good luck with your weight loss fay2601, I know what you mean this is a great place, at least when you feel like snacking you can come on here and it takes your mind off it and you get lots of support from all the members. I'm glad I found the site! :eek:

Right, its Monday morning. Didn't really want to get on the scales again on a Monday, but I'm still a slave to scales and maybe I wanted to make sure that I'm still on track with the diet. I was rather worried that I may have put weight on, and its crucial not to do that at a start of a diet because it could have wasted my week dieting. Anyway after weighing I was 1/2lb lighter than Friday, I'm quite pleased with that and its given motivation to carry on.

I'm only eating a banana for breakfast and then two other healthy meals. In a minute I will get on my stepper and listen to my hypnosis recording. I've also started reading again which helps take my mind off food.

Felt really positive about losing weight today. I kept well within my calorie intake.

I walked to the doctors and through town then on to school and back home which is a distance of 5km according to the cardio trainer I have on my phone.

The hypnosis CD seems to be helping. I'm now thinking about chewing my food more slowly than before, and drinking more water.

Weighed myself today and I was 11st 10lb which is 2 pound off from yesterday but I won't take that as written, because I know its possible to change weight both up and down in a week!

Thanks Impact!

Had a bit of a worse day yesterday...ended up picking at one of the kids leftovers.:mad: Mind you we wouldn't be human if we didn't make mistakes. I didn't even eat my banana for breakfast that's probably why I ended up feeling hungry. I still managed to do 10 minutes on the stepper and have a small walk round the beach and walk to school to pick up the kids.

A better start to the day today..I did 15 minutes on the stepper this morning. The other half says he can notice a that I look a bit firmer from the exercises I've been doing. I can't quite yet to be honest, maybe being he's kind and saying that so I stick to the exercising, which is really nice to have someone so supportive tbh. He always congratulates me as well.

Well its weigh in day tomorrow so I'm going to be extra good today ;).

Its been a while since I've been on here been suffering with a bit of depression, and the doctors have put me on Citlapram, I'm just hoping it doesn't make me gain any weight..but its seems to have curbed my appetite so hopefully not. Weighed on Friday and I had stayed the same :cry: better than putting it on I suppose. I've done a 20 minute fitness DVD workout and I'll get on the stepper in the moment. I've lost a few inches round the waist which is a good thing!

AAAARGGGGGGGHHHHHHH......Yesterday felt really hungry and binged I'm ashamed of my self was really good till about 4pm and then decided to eat half a packet of crackerbread with low fat soft cheese followed by 3 packets of crisps and a rocky bar, then polished it off with my tea. I feel really bad about this have put weight on and and tomorrow is my official weigh in day :cry:. I just have to look at it as a bad week and continue on my weight loss journey...

Yay! still managed to lose 1.25 lbs.Mind you I did cheat a bit and staved myself down to around 700 kcals, which I know isn't a good thing, but I don't plan on doing that again. I've just started on Tava slimming tea, drank 7 cups of the stuff yesterday and I am continue to do so till my pack runs out and I will see if it is worth buying anymore. The health benefits should be good as well, I am finding myself visiting the toilet more regularly. Just need to lose another 1.25lb to hit the first half a stone mark.

Back