this time it must work

sophiem123

Hi, I'm a newbie. I posted something the other day and it's still not appeared so am posting again. Got a load of weight to lose.... started at 16 st 9.5. This is my first week, day 5 on Cambridge Diet (started Monday) and so far so good. Never done a ketogenic diet before and am hoping this will make all the difference (VLCD don't work for me (my own versions) because after a few weeks - perhaps cos they are too carby - I stay stuck at the same weight and then eventually start regaining even when I stay well under 1000 cals a day??) I am hoping this time will be different. I certainly feel positive.

I think the problem of doing your own low calorie diet is that you go into starvation mode so your body keeps a hold of everything you eat.

Good luck for CD !

Perhaps, I think I may be very carb sensitive. We will see. The proof of the pudding (ha ha) is in the eating. Good luck to you Juney. I see we are about the same height and weight, perhaps we can be buddies? x

Cool :) What diet are you doing then?

exercise

I've just reduced my calorie intake down to 1400, trying to exercise more (and failing!)

I think the trick is finding something you ENJOY doing (even if it means burning less calories per hour) and do it for the pleasure of it rather than for actual weight loss. So ask yourself is this something I would do when I am skinny. If not, then it's likely to be a slog and not the right thing for you. Find something you like, and that way you'll be able to sustain it long term and your brain and mood will benefit and you won't feel like you are being punished.

Day 8 and so far things are going pretty good. Had mild headaches and my pee smells more but no demon breath which I was dreading. Only other things are dark circles under my eyes (which I hope are temporary, maybe a sign of detox??) and lower back pain around my kidney area (which again I expect is temporary from getting used to drinking loads more than I am used to?). My skin is a lot clearer, a definite plus. I don't have the euphoria yet that one is meant to experience which I am looking forward to .... weigh in later today to get my first week's total loss.

Lost 10.25lbs in my first week, which even though I know is mainly going to be water and glycogen, I am still extremely pleased about - especially as I have got past the elusive (for me) 16 stone mark into the 15s! I have never lost this much weight in the first week of dieting except when I have completely fasted in the past (for spiritual reasons) - however, then I had no energy and this time I have loads. I also have a rosy glow in my cheeks (normally I am pale). Rock on this week! And even if it is still mainly water coming off that's grrrreat because I suffer from water retention, so fat, water ... it's all good!

Yay, go for it, I am cheering you on and KNOW you can do it.

Back