• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

This time last year I weighed 22 stones

Today I weigh 18. Its only 4 stones and I still have a long way to go, but I feel so proud, looking back

Following a family death I just ate and ate. I ballooned up to 22 stones and my health was suffering. My back, knees and ankles were very painful, I looked like nothing on earth, my skin was greasy, walking was difficult and I felt at my lowest ebb.

I took a long hard look in the mirror and loathed what I saw. I didn't join any clubs or buy any expensive meal replacements. In fact it hasn't cost me a penny. I decided to shift the flab slowly, 1 pound at a time and set myself a goal of a pound a week for a year, just by adopting a healthy diet and walking every day.

I didn't calorie count... life's too short for all that. I used a smaller plate and cooked healthily, watched the fat content and everything I ate, no matter how small, I sat down to eat it.

I had 3 meals a day, no convenience food and made sure I had at least 3 pints of water. I had cereal for breakfast, toast no butter, but had honey or jam on it. Lunch was a baked spud with salad, or beans on toast, or home made soup followed by yogurt

My main meal was at 6pm I had meat and 2 veg, no fatty sauces and I made sure I had a pudding, maybe fruit or a jelly, sometimes even a steamed pudding I had made myself with low fat marg and served with low fat ice cream.

My BIG rule which I stuck to through thick and thin was NEVER, no matter what, feel hungry. The water made me feel full and I made sure the fruit bowl was always full.

Sometimes, in the begining, I lost up to 5 pounds a week. sometimes I didn't lose any, so what? I'm not going to let a little bit of stubborn fat get me down. It'll go and it did

I weighed once a week on a Sunday and gradually got my life and self respect back.

My hubby is taking me on a cruise as a present for 1) my birthday and 2) getting to grips with myself., we are leaving for the coast at 5am, that's why I am up at this ungodly hour. I got to thinking that maybe there are others out there, feeling like I did a year ago and wondering how they will ever get it under control. I did it and if I can, anyone can.

I'm looking forward to year 2 when I aim to lose 2 stones.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 12st4lb C: 11st11lb G: 8st7lb BMI: 30.2 Loss: 0st7lb(4.07%)
Youve got a brilliant attitude and I think as long as you keep it up youll be at your target weight before you know it. Well done on the big weight loss youve already achieved!