This time next year Rodney.....

lemma1968

Silver Member
...we'll be millionaires.

Well that would be nice, I would settle for the moment to being at goal weight this time year.

I have spent years in one diet or another. I have done most of them, lost a couple of stone, gained a couple of stone etc and the end result has always been the same...usually back to square one, or near it.

I have been trying to analyse (dangerous i know) how come i have never tackled this issue properly and got rid of my excess weight forever.

Do any of you recognise this cycle of behaviour?

You start on a diet, all guns blazing, with high motivation driving you on?

Then you lose a bit, maybe think you can add in the odd extra treat thinking that just now and again it won't do any harm?

Then you see your weight loss slowing, sts or WORSE GOING UP AGAIN :break_diet:

You feel lousy, you ask yourself "what's the point - i'm rubbish at this, its not meant to be..." etc

Within a few weeks/months you have lost your mojo.

All because we want the quickest and easiest fix.

I have found myself reminiscing before about how much better I would probably feel now had I just stuck to it before, even if there had been lapses. Even half a pound a week would have had me feeling better and looking better and nearer to goal than I am now.

The moral of the story seems to be that we all have good days and bad days, good weeks and bad weeks etc. So long as you remain focussed on the end result you will get there.

If you throw the towel in you will be defeated, if you take your time and accept life for what it is and the fact that things do not always go to plan every week then you will have more than a fighting chance of reaching your goals and if you stick it out then perhaps this time next year...well who knows, but we could all be darn sight happier with ourselves than we are today.

That is my new philophecy (sp?). Sorry for the waffle.

i can totally relate to that! this time however, i feel different. i hope this time next yr i will have gotten to goal and stayed there a while! lol

Hi thats the same as I feel I have lost and gained 14+ stone in the last 5 years alone forget the previous 8 years to that :/

But its mindset,we all have to be in that zone and I admit although I lost and gained all that weight in 5 years I did it with VLCD mainly so would just do plan 8-9 weeks lose 3 stone put 4 back on so Im in week 15 now and have got further.......
I do find that not many people round me say your doing well,you look slimmer etc etc so thats hard as theres not much support But I have realised Im doing this for me and my next step was a gastric band appointment booked to see a consultant so it was my last shot at a normal plan.
Life is very hard for alot of us fatties and slimmies the thing is we have to learn not to use food as a 'friend' which we know is easy to say and easy to ignore we actually are using food to make us feel better.
I do see this as my life plan now,I do lose slow but I have for 15 weeks stuck to plan 100% like you said I maybe had a couple of tiny things I didnt track and pulled back from dong that now. I dont see the point of saying oh Ive got to go to a party etc and going off plan until after as I know for me opersonally I wont restart and will then regain a stone + more than I lost.Its about learning to use the plan to its best even though some days are awful exercising every day except my rest day and saying to myelf Im worth being the person who I long to be again,food can be used normally and my emotional comfort eating has to be dealt with in a new way where food cant be allowed.
But only we can do it for ourselves and no one is to blame for us breaking the plan,I have 3 daughters who eat for england and a partner whos as slim as a sticky insect who can eat whatever,but they dont make me eat the foods that go over my points.

xx

Back