this time no excuses

aly77

Have been dieting my whole life and always give up. This time am putting it into words hoping it will help. I joined sw 9.8.11 wi at 17st lost 2.5 the first week and put it back on the second week. This has been my pattern my whole life.

Challenges for myself, portion control and comfort eating. Its going to be a long difficult journey, i just hope i have the staying power to lose the weight and keep it off this time.

You sound a lot like me and my journey always an excuse on off on off I'm joining ww next week ready for the new term I feel determined only time will tell fingers crossed for us both

The weekend is here my plan is to keep on track, long walk with the dog tonight should stop me eating. Any tips off anyone to help keep on track ?

hello
nice to meet you :) You sound in the right frame of mind, so you are half way there already! :)

I keep on track by setting mini goals, like a stone at a time..the bigger picture for me is too daunting! In my first page of my diary, i've made a list of reasons WHY i need to lose weight, making that list and admitting to myself keeps me focused.

Pin up a before pic somewhere at home to remind yourself how you don't want to look. Treat yourself (non food) every month that you've lost weight.. new handbag, hairstyle, pampering session, new shoes etc etc...or save up for a wee break or a special night out using the money you would have spent on takeaways, or other goodies!

Keep posting on here! it helps you stay on track, we all understand and are all chasing the same outcome!!! I look forward to chatting with you, have asuccessful weekend, when is your first weigh in?

Remember we all have bad days amongst the good days..but it only makes us appreciate even more, the days when everything goes to plan :)

RainbowRose said:
hello
nice to meet you :) You sound in the right frame of mind, so you are half way there already! :)

I keep on track by setting mini goals, like a stone at a time..the bigger picture for me is too daunting! In my first page of my diary, i've made a list of reasons WHY i need to lose weight, making that list and admitting to myself keeps me focused.

Pin up a before pic somewhere at home to remind yourself how you don't want to look. Treat yourself (non food) every month that you've lost weight.. new handbag, hairstyle, pampering session, new shoes etc etc...or save up for a wee break or a special night out using the money you would have spent on takeaways, or other goodies!

Keep posting on here! it helps you stay on track, we all understand and are all chasing the same outcome!!! I look forward to chatting with you, have asuccessful weekend, when is your first weigh in?

Remember we all have bad days amongst the good days..but it only makes us appreciate even more, the days when everything goes to plan :)

Hi nice to meet you too , have had two weigh in already lost on the first and put it back on with the second.
Hopefully this week and next week i will lose . Have set a goal to stick to it for 31 days and not put on. Have also got a target of achieving my 10 percent by Christmas.
Speak to you soon
alyson

I just wanted to wish you good luck on your weight loss journey, my starting weight is similiar to yours with me being 17 stone 6 at the start. I know the exact feeling you are expressing - and when I stay the same or gain or have a bad day/week, I think what is the point and give up :( You can do this, wish you all the luck. How did this week's weigh in go?! x

Thank you , have had a 5.5 loss so am very happy and have eaten well which is surprising, all i have to do is keep it off now.
Good luck to you too, it is hard but i figure it will be worth it in the end
Aly x

Surprisingly no gain, half a pound loss. Really deserved a gain tho. Am going to really stick to it this week and plenty of walking too.
Have a three pound target for next week, am going to cook tomorrow so will have meals prepared for the week.

Back