Thomasina's Refeed diary

Zenaworrier

Back to reality!
Hi guys,
So after 8 weeks, 29lbs, 2 dress sizes and 30 inches later it is time for me to refeed! I am still 2lbs of where I am meant to be with my BMI but my husband is going away for a month and I wanted to enjoy some meals with him before he went.

So Day 1-
Breakfast- Strawberry shake
Lunch- Chocolate shake
Dinner- Chicken cooked in the oven for around 40 mins with a salad of lettuce, tomatoe, cucumber, peppers and balsamic vinegar.
2 litres of water.

It took me about 10 mins of looking at the food before I could actually eat it. It felt so alien to me! I left about a quarter of the chicken as I was so full. I really enjoyed the salad but found the chicken hard going.

Looking forward to tomorrow!
T x

Hi Thomasina (what a cool name)

Your refeed sounded lovely! I must say I don't have your restraint and ate up every last bite of my first meal!! I find the chicken is really filling though and takes a lot longer to eat than fish.
You should lose that 2lbs through healthy eating so don't stress, I'm a good bit of goal too but want to lose it through 'healthy' eating habits and I have to lose it for the wedding so I've no choice to be good!!
Look forward to tomorrow hun x

Hi Thomasina (what a cool name)

Your refeed sounded lovely! I must say I don't have your restraint and ate up every last bite of my first meal!! I find the chicken is really filling though and takes a lot longer to eat than fish.
You should lose that 2lbs through healthy eating so don't stress, I'm a good bit of goal too but want to lose it through 'healthy' eating habits and I have to lose it for the wedding so I've no choice to be good!!
Look forward to tomorrow hun x

Thanks hun- I hate my name!!! Everyone throughout my life has just called me Tom so I am more used to this now!

So Day 2-
Breakfast- Chocolate shake- found this a bit weird after eating last night!
Lunch- the left over quarter of chicken from last night, one boiled egg and a salad of lettuce, tomatoe, cucumber and peppers (which I have found a new love for !)
Dinner- Chicken cooked in the oven (plain) with 2 spoons of cooked veg- broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.
2 litres of water.

Feel so different today- a lot more confident and happy. No really sure why but loving the feeling! Went and tried on a top today and caught a look of myself in the full length mirror which I haven't done in a while and actually didn't mind what I saw. This whole process has done so much for me- not only physically but mentally and I'm in a much better place :)
T x

Thomasina, well done on a great result from your tfr journey. Hold that thought of leaving food on your plate and you won't regain. Always remember, just because it is on our plate does not mean we have to eat it. Eat slowly, savouring each bite, and leave some on your plate. Even use a smaller plate than you used to use and this will help keep portion sizes in check. lots of luck with it

Irish Molly- funny you should mention portion sizes- I made a bit of a mistake! ahhhh. Wasn't until was weighing my potatoe tonight I realised that my scales are wrong so I have been eating almost double the amount of chicken than I should be. This is why I have been struggling to eat it all!
Feel a bit gutted but the first day I split it over two meals but last night I did eat the whole thing. I'm going to cut out one portion tomorrow and hopefully it will balance out.
Also I have so ahemmm congestion problems ( if you know what I mean! ) Never had this when I was tfr although I know a lot of people do. I'm hoping this will ease up soon!
I'm sure these 2 factors might affect my weight lose this week. My pharmacist is no longer weighing me now- she said I have to do it at home ( don't know if this is normal? ) but we will see what happens.
Anyway.....

So Day 3-
Breakfast- Chocolate shake
Lunch- Two boiled eggs and a salad of lettuce, tomatoe, cucumber and peppers.
Dinner- The right amount of chicken! Cooked in the oven (plain) with 2 spoons of cooked veg- broccoli, cauliflower and carrots and 8oz of boiled potatoes crushed with a tiny bit of salt- before I would have had milk, butter and cheese in it so this was my compromise!
Also had a cup of tea with milk today- Divine! Forgot how good it was.
2 litres of water.

Your menu's are looking great, well done on your loss on TFR, you have done really well.

Another tip I have picked up since maintaining is to eat slower, I chew each mouthful for at least 20 seconds, its surprising how much you get filled up before actually clearing the plate. It does take about 20 minutes for our brains to register that we are full.

Your menu's are looking great, well done on your loss on TFR, you have done really well.

Another tip I have picked up since maintaining is to eat slower, I chew each mouthful for at least 20 seconds, its surprising how much you get filled up before actually clearing the plate. It does take about 20 minutes for our brains to register that we are full.

My mum said the exact same thing yesterday! Thanks for your support and advice.
T x

So Day 4-
Lunch- One wholemeal pitta bread with a thin scrape of low fat mayonnaise with a salad of lettuce, tomatoe, cucumber and peppers. (Didn't have any protein due to my overeat the day before!)
Snack- Banana- needed something to help ease congestion and was also going to exercise so wanted to keep my energy up.
Dinner- Chicken cooked in the oven (plain). I chopped up a onion and put it in the foil with it. Was really nice and I kinda felt like I was having a roast. Two spoons of cooked veg- broccoli, cauliflower and carrots and 8oz of boiled potatoes crushed with a tiny bit of salt.
Desert- Two strawberries and one banana covered in shape fat free strawberry yoghurt- forgot how great strawberries where! This was so nice and sweet- really filled a hole! Trying to eat fruit and get rid of things the natural way!
Also had a cup of tea with milk today and 2 litres of water.

Looking good, but just be careful with the bananas, I try and limit them to one a day, unless they are really small.

You seem to be doing really well on refeed. Pity about the constipation. The same thing happened me for about two weeks after TFR. If it is bad take a dulcolax or something similar to give you a bit of ease.
Good luck for the coming week.

Hey Thomasina!

How is refeed going? Are you loving it as much as me??? Fingers crossed for me there is no gain tomorrow :)

xx

Hey Thomasina!

How is refeed going? Are you loving it as much as me??? Fingers crossed for me there is no gain tomorrow :)

xx

It is going good thanks hun. Still "bunged" up! But apart from that I'm loving it! Everything tastes so new and super yummy! Had a strawberry the other day and well you know ;) lol.
Have you decided how you are going to carry on from here? Let us know how you get on! I'm so excited for you as well!!
T x

Hi Thomasina,

Have you tried a really strong coffee for the constipation? It works, also keep on drinking plenty of water because that helps too. I've started having All Bran for breakfast from today to help with the fibre. I can't stomach the maintenance products they are way too sweet, I'd rather the LT shakes over them any day. I'm sticking to low GI, healthy sensible balanced meals! I think I'm going to start a food diary in the maintenance section now because if you bite it you should write it! I think writing down everything prevents you from going over board (I hope so!) I'm also keeping track on myfitnesspal, its great too. Good luck on your last leg of refeed! xx

Day 5-
Lunch- 8oz boiled potatoes with salad of lettuce, tomatoe, cucumber, peppers and balsamic vinegar.
Snack- Apple ( working long shift at work )
Dinner-Chilli Con carne made with quorn mince with 8 oz of cooked rice and a small side salad with a dollop of natural 1% fat yoghurt. This was so yummy! This is the one dish I can cook really well and me and hubby really enjoyed it!
Desert- Banana and 3 strawberries with ff yoghurt
1.5 litres of water
Cup of tea with semi skimmed milk and 2 sweeteners

Feeling better about eating now- I don't feel so guilty!

Well done on your loss and you seem to be doing incredibly well on refeed!

Food just tastes so different after TFR - eh! This is your chance to try things that you maybe never liked before, with your taste buds changing!

Again, well done and good luck for your WI!

Your menus look great Thomasina! 2 days for your weigh in!!!

Thanks for all your kind comments guys :)

Day 6
Lunch- ( leftovers from yesterday- it was really yummy! ) Chilli Con carne made with quorn mince with 8 oz of cooked rice and a small side salad with a dollop of natural 1% fat yoghurt.
Dinner- 8oz boiled potatoes and 2 small boiled eggs with salad of lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and balsamic vinegar.
Desert- 3 strawberries and ff yogurt
2 litres of water

Good luck for your weigh in Hun! Menu's looking excellent :)

Day 7

Breakfast- Special k bar 88 cals and banana- I want to save a shake for one day next week- will explain later!
Lunch- 8oz boiled potatoes and 2 small boiled eggs with salad of lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and balsamic vinegar.
Snack- Apple
Dinner- Spag bog with small side salad and natural yoghurt.
Desert- 3 strawberries and ff yogurt
2 litres of water

Well I bit the bullet yesterday and took some dulcolax! Wasn't a pleasant experience but I do feel much better! Going to try and have some more fibre and see if this helps. I am also going to cut down on the amount of potatoes I'm having- I feel really bloated and yuck after them although I seem to be ok with pasta/rice.
Breakfast was ok and kept me going till about 1. I never used to eat breakfast before and find it quite hard to have as I leave at 7.15 in the morning and would rather have the extra time in bed! We will see how I get on with this.

On the plus side I have lost 1.5 lbs this week! I am happy with this as I am aiming to lose 7 lbs a month from now on. We will see :)
T x

Yesterdays menu- Day 8
Breakfast- Bran flakes and UHT semi skimmed milk.
Lunch- Leftover chilli (last lot now!) with 4oz of boiled rice, dollop of ff natural yogurt and a small side salad of lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and balsamic vinegar.
Snack- Apple and special k bar (88 cals). Worked a really long weird shift at work yesterday so got a bit hungry in the evening.
Dinner- 2 small boiled eggs with a salad of of lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and balsamic vinegar.
Desert- 3 strawberries, one small banana and ff yogurt
1 litres of water
Cup of tea with semi skimmed milk and 2 sweeteners.

Going through a bit of a weird patch atm. I feel fat again! Not really sure why as I know I have lost weight. Maybe its because I'm still getting used to eating again or maybe it's because I'm bunged up again! Trying to have lots of fibre so we will see how things go!
T x

Back