Thomasina's Refeed diary

Hi Thomasina,

I understand how u feel about a 'fat phase' I also feel bigger, I don't understand it, the scales haven't moved up or down and I'm still doing my refeed plan minus the maintenance shakes, having All Bran instead. I hope this feeling passes!!! I'm drinking bucket loads of water too...I did buy another size 10 skirt yesterday though for a party this weekend so I know I'm not big but still feel it, strange....

Day 9
Breakfast- Bran flakes and UHT semi skimmed milk.
Lunch- 2 small boiled eggs with a salad of of lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and balsamic vinegar.
Snack- Apple
Dinner- Leftover Spag bog from the other day with some natural yoghurt and a small side salad of lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and balsamic vinegar.
Desert- 3 strawberries, one small banana and ff yogurt
2 litres of water
Cup of tea with semi skimmed milk and 2 sweeteners.

Day 10
Lunch- 2 small boiled eggs with a salad of of lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and balsamic vinegar.
Snack- Apple
Dinner- Half a roasted pepper with some onions and mushrooms and 1 cal spray done in the oven with 2% fat, 138 cal Cous Cous with natural yoghurt and a small side salad of lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and balsamic vinegar.
Desert- 3 strawberries, one small banana and ff yogurt
2 litres of water

Day 11
Lunch- 2% fat, 138 cal Cous Cous with natural yoghurt and a salad of lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and balsamic vinegar.
Snack- Special k 88 cal bar
Dinner- A nice healthy roast! Chicken breast cooked in foil in the oven with 3 small boiled potatoes, 2 spoons of carrots and peas and some vege gravy yum yum :)
Desert- 3 strawberries, one apple and ff yogurt
2 litres of water

I'm feeling better now- my congestion problems are back to normal! I think the bran flakes in the morning are helping. It means I have to get up a little bit earlier but its worth it!
Next week is going to be a tricky one and to be honest I'm not sure how I am going to manage food wise.
My sister is due to have a lump removed on Tuesday and things aren't too good. I am going to help my mum look after my sisters kids for a few days and I know my mum will want to go out for a family meal beforehand. I have checked a few local restaurants and worked out the best things to have but its not ideal. I feel bad saying no as during my diet I missed my first wedding anniversary, my mums birthday, my husbands birthday and my nieces!
And then at the end of the week my husband is flying to pakistan for a month so wants to go out for dinner before he goes. I guess I just need to be prepared! I have booked every exercise class possible while he is away and I want him to come back and be shocked!
I went clothes shopping the other day and managed to get into a size 10!
I know I have been snacking quite a lot but I have been working funny shifts on my own this week so I'm not able to leave and get a proper meal. Hopefully this will improve next week!
T x

Thomasina, you are doing very well on your refeed. It is great to be planning ahead for the time you will be looking after your sister's kids. Try and make as healthy a choice as you can. Also remember, just because it is on your plate that you do not have to eat it!! Eat some and be happy to leave some on the plate. In any event, there are times when you can plan to be a little greedy and you can make up for it the following week.
I hope your sister gets on okay with her biopsy. It is obviously a worrying time for you all.

Thanks for your advice Molly.
Yesterday was ok although I found my self snacking a bit more than I would have really liked. I really need to get that under control!
It is hard being around the kids as they are always eating!

Day 12
Lunch- 2 boiled eggs with a salad of lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and balsamic vinegar.
Snack- Banana and special k 88 cal bar
Dinner- Spag bog with quorn and 4 oz of pasta
Desert- Banana
3 litres of water
I lost track of the number of cups of tea! But made with semi skimmed milk and 2 sweeteners.
T x

Hope all is going well on your refeed or are you onto maintenance now? Hope your sister is doing o.k.

Back