Extra Easy Days Those days when you just can't be bothered!

You sound exactly like me. SO glad i am
Not alone!

i bet theres a lot of people like us this past couple of weeks with the weather ,easter n bbq's . . . but i promise to get back on plan on tues if u do n then we can shout at each other if we misbehave lol. . . my OH is no use he just says "well eat it" if i say i want choc ect and i dont need tellin twice hehe

for the past two weeks i have been the same.i had my first gain of 1lbs two weeks ago, and instead of it giving me a kick up the bum it did the opposite. i have been off work for 11 days too, and before hand i was talking myself into being bad over easter and with being off work. my usual weigh in day is a fri at my mother in laws, since my 1lbs gain i went to my mother in laws on thurs and i weighed myself and i was exactly the same as week before when i had gained, since thurs i have eaten rubbish.
back to work on tue so i am determined to get back on track as i find it a lot easier when i am working as i do long days so i eat plenty of fruit etc throughout the day.
starting tomorrow i am getting back on track, only problem is i am not going to my mother in laws on fri as she away so i wont be weighing till the following fri, in that case i will slide my scales from under the bed and have a sneaky peak and i know i shouldnt.

any tips on how to get back on track as i struggling all the time because i am soo hungry, i usually have 1 takeaway a week on the sat after fris weigh in so i dont tend to have syns throughout the week as i most prob eat my weeks worth in one night. this is where i am struggling because i have my tea and then my hexb later on and i still want more to eat

Lol yes there are 2 near me but I live in Northern Ireland! There must be some in England too...

well i never . . . .does anybody no where they are ???

I cannot tell you how much better i feel having seen all your responses - was feeling really stupid for having no control recently and its nice to know its normal behaviour. Thank you all :) xxxxx

for the past two weeks i have been the same.i had my first gain of 1lbs two weeks ago, and instead of it giving me a kick up the bum it did the opposite. i have been off work for 11 days too, and before hand i was talking myself into being bad over easter and with being off work. my usual weigh in day is a fri at my mother in laws, since my 1lbs gain i went to my mother in laws on thurs and i weighed myself and i was exactly the same as week before when i had gained, since thurs i have eaten rubbish.
back to work on tue so i am determined to get back on track as i find it a lot easier when i am working as i do long days so i eat plenty of fruit etc throughout the day.
starting tomorrow i am getting back on track, only problem is i am not going to my mother in laws on fri as she away so i wont be weighing till the following fri, in that case i will slide my scales from under the bed and have a sneaky peak and i know i shouldnt.

any tips on how to get back on track as i struggling all the time because i am soo hungry, i usually have 1 takeaway a week on the sat after fris weigh in so i dont tend to have syns throughout the week as i most prob eat my weeks worth in one night. this is where i am struggling because i have my tea and then my hexb later on and i still want more to eat

Just cause you've had tea doesn't mean you have to stop eating. Make something else free and eat it! Don't get hungry, eat and enjoy all the free foods. I often eat "second dinner" which could be a jacket & exciting beans and salad, or pasta & tomato based sauce or cous cous with veggies. I am a strong believer in eating when hungry and I cannot sleep on a fully empty tummy so most nights I have something in it and hour before bed! EAT your syns. Tot up your takeaway (if you must have it- you could also make better choices) but use the rest of your syns during the week. I could not survive on no syns! I eat 10-15 every day and have since about my 3rd week in and I spend them all on sh*te: choc, bikkies, marshmallows. This helps me enjoy what I eat, every day. That really is the key. Enjoy every meal and savour every syn!

i feel naughty having something big again to eat after tea and feel like i have to snack but i will defo take your advice and do this now. i have the takeaway norm on a sat when i fin work for week and its nice not to cook , also i dont go out much so its like my lil treat. i do tend to eat a lot when i get one i get lots of picky bits and never the right choices. i think think this is what is causing my problems through the week coz i dont have syns but i have tried doing without the takeaway once a week and i go off track

i feel naughty having something big again to eat after tea and feel like i have to snack but i will defo take your advice and do this now. i have the takeaway norm on a sat when i fin work for week and its nice not to cook , also i dont go out much so its like my lil treat. i do tend to eat a lot when i get one i get lots of picky bits and never the right choices. i think think this is what is causing my problems through the week coz i dont have syns but i have tried doing without the takeaway once a week and i go off track

Why not spend some time making your own 'takeaway' to have on Saturday, make 'picky bits' like syn free onion bhajis, syn free raita with an Indian, low syn spring roll, for chinese or for Italian buy a small wholemeal baguette and make a carefully controlled garlic bread (weigh your slices, measure low fat spread).

That's exactly what I was going to suggest Shirleen! I LOVE me a fakeaway! I have pitta pizza at least once a month complete with cheesy chips! I also have a "full indian" (onion bhajis, pilau rice, rogan josh and a mini naan) and a "full chinese" chicken chow mein or chicekn in black bean sauce & egg fried rice! Mmmm

And then, how about putting on the slow cooker and having something amazingly comforting ready for when you get home, a HUGE pot of stew or chicken casserole or even make a fab biryani? Have something there that is delicious and free and then you can spend your syns on choc cake!

Pitta pizza sounds good,have you a recipe?and i will also luk up the syn free onion bhajis
I not the best cook so need simple recipes

I tried the onion bhajis in the curry heaven book- not sure what i did wrong but they weren't v nice and now i have a MASSIVE bag of gram flour & not a clue what to do with it!

Would like the pitta pizza recipe as well please? xx

beccaharrison89 said:
Going to try get back on track today and i have syn free sausages out for tea .
Any ideasof what to go with it ?
Mash & veg & gravy
Potato wedges & salad & hm coleslaw

how about making into a lovely tomatoey pasta dish
onions
peppers
syn free sauages
tomatoes
pasta (or jacket up to you)
mushrooms and any other sf veg mmmmmm

I am doing sausage mash and gravy for oh but he has tonnes of butter in his mash so i will have to do a sep mash for myself.
When i first started i found slimming world easy and enjoyable and now i am finding it a huge effort of thinking of things to eat

beccaharrison89 said:
I am doing sausage mash and gravy for oh but he has tonnes of butter in his mash so i will have to do a sep mash for myself.
When i first started i found slimming world easy and enjoyable and now i am finding it a huge effort of thinking of things to eat

My OH still thinks he has
1) butter in sandwiches
2) sugar in tea & coffee
3) butter in mash
4) normal sausages

When in fact he has none of these.
What they don't know, does not hurt them. When you are the one cooking - you decide on the ingredients :)

There is a thread on here about recipes which its worth looking at - loads of ideas

I do get what you mean though - sometimes you just don't want to think that hard. Don't really know what the answer to that is tbh.

Pitta Pizza.
Take a asda wholemeal (or a co-op one) pitta grill for a few min til crunchy. Remove from heat.
Make pizza sauce by mixing passata with garlic powder, onion granules & mixed herbs (or italian herbs).
Turn the pitta over to the soft side. Smear with the pizza sauce add cheese (I use 42g HExA Low Low), 1/2 goes on then I add my toppings (red day- bacon, or chicken, mushies, peppers, halved cherry tomatoes, green day- mushies, peppers, red onion and cherry toms) use the over 1/2 of the cheese to sprinkle over the toppings.
Grill till gooey, golden and bubbling cheese on a medium heat.
Sprinkle with herbs and serve! :)

But obviously, you can choose whatever toppings you miss most from pizza! :)

I guess you could blend up some tinned tomatoes... but passta aint to expensive and is great for thickening tomatoey sauces like chillies, spag and for making an ultra fast "sticky" pasta sauce.

I've been a bit like that as I've had two weeks off school fo Easter and the lack of routine means I can't be bothered for anything. Never mind though I'm back in tomorrow so I'm sorted.

Back