Those that gave things up for lent....

I didn't give it up for Lent as I'm not Christian, but I gave up chocolate a month ago when I started SW, and I've managed to stick it out until now. Very pleased with myself :)

I didn't 'give up' anything for Lent, but joined in with the '100% for Lent' idea. The plan being: Everything that should be weighed or measured is. Everything that should be synned is. Nothing is 'guesstimated' or 'forgotten' or 'ignored'.

I started out really well. I stopped getting Morrisons hot cooked chicken for after shopping (to avoid temptation, I made shopping day a Green Day!!).

After 2 weeks of measuring out milk I stopped. I KNOW that I never drink more than 350mls of skimmed milk, even if I have porridge with it. The only days that I measure milk are when I am going to make a sauce/cook/have rice pudding with it. I also stopped weighing my Minstrels, but have been good. 42g=10 1/2 syns. 42g=14 / 15 Minstrels. Before Lent, I had been having 15 but during Lent have only had 14 each time.

My only 'slip ups' have been........had two mouthfuls of alcohol free pear cider.

My unavoidable 'fail' was when I was in hospital for 4 days and couldn't stick to plan.

Other than that, it's gone quite well!!!! Am looking forward to Sunday, when I'm having a Cadbury's button egg.!!!!!

Back