Those that work nights/do night shifts

big bear

A bear on a mission!
What is your sleep pattern?
Do you find it best to come home & sleep then stay up till u go to work?

My H started on nights this week & just wanted other views, thanks x

I do nights once or twice a year for a month long each time.

I used to be in work for 11pm and finish at 10am. On this shift I would stay up until 12 noon - 1pm and then sleep until 8:30 - 9pm.

At the moment I'm in work for midnight and finishing at 9am. Still staying up until 1-2pm and then up for 9-10pm.

My dad used to do nights for Royal Mail for 20 odd years and he was in work for 10pm and home time was 6:30am.

He would get in and have a cup of tea and it would be bed until 3 - 3:30pm when we used to come home from school. Used to send the dog up the stairs to wake him up, he loved the dog so it was the easiest way to do it!

Thanks, its RM my H is working 4 now...he does midnite till 8am. The thing is trying to get sleep as we've a wee boy who I've gotta keep quiet & entertained x

Thanks, its RM my H is working 4 now...he does midnite till 8am. The thing is trying to get sleep as we've a wee boy who I've gotta keep quiet & entertained x

If he gets anything like my dad used to be, he'll sleep through anything. Might be worth getting some black out blinds - they work wonders for those on nightshift. Then again... my dad could sleep through anything!

I did work for RM for a fair few years from the age of 18 I think it was - pretty much a RM family (dad, uncle and me- being the only female!)

But as long as he's upstairs and the door is closed and you have a hallway/stairs/landing you should be fine. You'd be surprised how well you can sleep :) Has he done nightshift before?

He did night shifts a while ago but this is now permanent. We've a 2 bed flat so he can't go upstairs.

His family all worked RM too, great grandad, grandad, dad now him no way is our son or the baby when they arrive working 4 them lmao x

I honestly don't blame you!
I managed to get myself out of there before being stuck there for 30 years! Now I'm living abroad (used to be Shropshire, now ROI) and working for the world's biggest MMORPG game developer.

:D

I'm currently in a 2 bedroom apartment. I'll echo the above - get some earplugs for him and blackout blinds and he won't know what's going on. But he might need a prod as he won't hear the alarm :p

Back