Those three magic words....how long until you heard them?

lickthelid

Lives here....
No, not "I love you", I mean "You've lost weight"!!!

I have lost over 1.5 stone so far but because I have a fair way to go and because I'm tall I carry my weight fairly "well" meaning losses have to be really drastic before it notices. I haven't even lost a dress size yet!

There was a really interesting post about heightxweightxsize and inspired by that I am curious to know just how long it took for people to notice your diminished size. I think I may be waiting a while :-(

I think I lost 3 stone before people said anything. I am short so for me 3 stone is approx 2 dress sizes.
One of my colleagues said he had noticed before but didn't say anything as he know women are funny about their weight! Lol

Nobody noticed that I'd lost weight until I'd lost 2 stone. I've dropped one dress size but in am quite short at 5'3"! It is nice though when people do notice, certainly gives me the motivation to keep going!!

My other half is really sweet and mentions it almost every time he sees me in the nuddy, but I have stopped believing him seeing as I have hardly lost anything. I have one friend though who when I had lost 2 stone kept telling me she couldn't tell- I had lost 3 dress sizes almost! Everyone else was complimentary so I just think she was being catty.

It took around 2 stone for most of my family and friends to notice. Not one of my husbands family has said anything to me and I've now lost 3 stone 4 lbs.

But when people do say its great isn't it!? When
i get down to a 3st etc loss if no-one has said anything I'm going to start asking them "is it you getting bigger
or me getting smaller?" Haha.

I think, particularly for the ladies, people don't like to comment in case we are sensitive, as experienced above by sarah :-(

I think I'd lost 2 or 3 st before other people started noticing. And it took a while for me to start noticing myself really lol now Im nearly at target, the 'you've lost weight' comments are followed by 'don't lose anymore' and to be honest that's annoying me lol x

When I went on my honeymoon this year I ate so much food and put 4lbs on in 2-3 weeks.
Then when I got back everyone kept saying I look like I lost weight. I joked it off and said it must be my tan.

But previously I lost 2 and a half stone and no one noticed.

I'm 5ft9 so I guess it takes longer to noticed the loss.

Now Im nearly at target, the 'you've lost weight' comments are followed by 'don't lose anymore' and to be honest that's annoying me lol x

TBH I think them sort of comments come from people insecure about their own weight and your success makes them feel bad about there own inability to lose weight themselves.
I get comments like that and that's my observation.

Is it wrong that I want people to say that to me?? Haha

TBH I think them sort of comments come from people insecure about their own weight and your success makes them feel bad about there own inability to lose weight themselves.
I get comments like that and that's my observation.

Youre probably right! X
Is it wrong that I want people to say that to me?? Haha
No, I probably did at first but it really grates on you when it starts happening. I would never say that to anyone, And it's not like anyone said to me 'don't put anymore weight on, you'll get too fat' when I was big lol x

It's too soon yet, as in reality I just look like I've finally bought clothes that fit properly rather than I've got any smaller. For a while there I was wandering around looking like I'd tumble dried everything on too-high-heat.

Although my mum did say my face was looking thinner last night, which was nice to hear. Any encouragement, I'll take it. On the other hand, she is always telling my slim sister not to lose too much, which bugs the crap out of my sister.

after 4 stone people started to notice and then they got a shock when i told them how much i have lost.
put on weight on holiday so looking to get back to over 4 stone loss , im only back a week so finger crossed to get my 5 stone award back tomorrow :)

I think for taller girls (like us) it does take a while, especially (if like me) because you covered up your size before and then it takes a while to 'reveal' your new size!

Also - the three words are usually 'you look well'.........

Did i look terribly ill when i was bigger? hehe! xxx

After losing 3 stone my work colleagues started noticing, but like Ellebear I used to cover up 99.9% of the time.

My close fmaily knew I was food optimising so they commented all the time, my other fmaily members noticed after 2 stone.

It's so nice to hear that comment 'You're looking really well' but I struggle to know what to say to that. Is a simple 'thank you' OK?

my neighbours daughter was visiting her and i walked past and gave them a wave and she had asked her mum if i was ill, my neighbour said 'no i dont think so why?'
then she said 'oh shes lost a lot of weight very fast'

a compliment all the same i suppose :)

i think a simple 'thank you' is fine once you get a compliment....x

i used to make excuses or say 'it is just what i am wearing today' if people said i look slimmer.....stupid. I have learnt to smile and accept the praise. It isnt undeserved after all....i worked my butt off, to get.....my butt off!

Hehe! x

I used to get told regularly "oh u look great with ur weightloss" but that's when I lived somewhere where they knew how I looked "big" but we moved recently and no one here even knows I was ever bigger than size 14! So I never hear it any more! Very strange! I even resorted to digging out a few of the very rare "big" photos just to prove it! Ridiculous!

I've lost a stone and one of my students told me I look 'bare slim' last week!! I'm only 5'3 so I think it shows pretty quickly with me!

I managed to wiggle my thunder thighs into some skinny jeans yesterday (this made me so happy in itself) and then when I visited my mum she commented that she could see how much weight I'd lost which made me even happier! But then she is my mum! Lol. A few colleagues noticed when I had lost about half a stone but mine all goes to my belly so it disappears from that one area quite quickly. It seems like I'm one of the lucky few getting comments after a relatively low weight loss :)

Back