Thought I would share - my student budget meal!

miss_emmajane

Silver Member
IMG_9325.jpg

I made this for my friend and I yesterday and it was gorgeous! It had to be gluten free for her and SW friendly for me and it turned out well :D Quite proud as I am pretty much learning to cook past jacket potatos and beans on toast .. SW is making me thinner and teaching me how to cook!

It is spicy wedges with cucumber and yoghurt dip, quorn chicken (real chicken for my friend) skewers with peppers and corn on the cob.

Easy, cheap and yummy! I am proud of myself as this is very good for me!! I shall be having it more often as well with my 3.5lb loss today :D

Looks good !!!! well done for your loss What happened to the old lentil soup for students, well it was when I was at Uni. .... well it was 24 years ago OMG !!! 24 years I need to sit down now. LOL!

" vegetable rights and peace" !!!!!

Phil x

Phil x

Last edited:
Looks good !!!! well done for your loss What happened to the old lentil soup for students, well it was when I was at Uni. .... well it was 24 years ago OMG !!! 24 years I need to sit down now. LOL!

Phil x

Phil x

Haha, this is my cooking back at my parents house for summer! When asked how I was doing so well with my weigh loss as few meetings in I could only say mug shots, beans and jacket potatos .. haha, it was all I eat! Enjoyed it too :p

Well done on your weight loss.

Your meal looks gorgeous - much better than when my son was a student at Uni, he exsisted on beans on toast and beer.....but, he did graduate eventually, LOL...

Welcome to the forum. X

That looks delicious and well done for learning to do it yourself! When I was a student, it was toast with all sorts of toppings, scrambled eggs and masses of baked beans!...I call it my windy years! Lol

it does look soooooooo nice might have to do it myself lol without the corn on cob xxx

Well done on your weight loss.

Your meal looks gorgeous - much better than when my son was a student at Uni, he exsisted on beans on toast and beer.....but, he did graduate eventually, LOL...

Welcome to the forum. X

Yes, I don't make SW chips .. I make wedges as I am too lazy to peel them :p

Back