Thought Id Better Come Back....Who as 10st ++ to lose!!!

Hi all, I have exactly 10 stone to lose. I'm 3 stone in now so getting there slowly. I love staying to group.the recipes I have picked up have been amazing. My fave has to be diet fantastic chicken mmmmmm nom nom

Hi all, I have exactly 10 stone to lose. I'm 3 stone in now so getting there slowly. I love staying to group.the recipes I have picked up have been amazing. My fave has to be diet fantastic chicken mmmmmm nom nom
Ahh welcome to the club.. Ive got 9 to lose.. but hey ho lets just get on with it, all in the same boat:D

Hi all hows everyone tonight?

Hi Lian welcome hun and good luck on your weight loss journey.

Tazzy hun I don't do any body magic at the moment due to an accident i had in march this year. I am waiting for surgery which will be any day now so until that is all out that way i cannot do much.

I also have damaged cartilages in both knees so need to be careful when exercising. After My leg has healed after my op I am joining my local GYM !!! oh yes I am gonna join a gym i have never been to a gym well like in 17 years!! so that should be hell lol I mean fun.

Ghostie hun each as much bacon as you like ( red or extra easy) and all fat removed of course. I must eat 2-3 packs at a weekend and weight watchers sausages and i still have weight losses.

xxtannyxx said:

Tazzy hun I don't do any body magic at the moment due to an accident i had in march this year. I am waiting for surgery which will be any day now so until that is all out that way i cannot do much.

I also have damaged cartilages in both knees so need to be careful when exercising. After My leg has healed after my op I am joining my local GYM !!! oh yes I am gonna join a gym i have never been to a gym well like in 17 years!! so that should be hell lol I mean fun.

Ghostie hun each as much bacon as you like ( red or extra easy) and all fat removed of course. I must eat 2-3 packs at a weekend and weight watchers sausages and i still have weight losses.

Hi hon. I've got osteoarthritis in both my knees too, amongst other health issues, so I don't ecercise at all. Obviously it's better if you can, but I always like to stress that not being able to exercise is absolutely not a hindrance to major weight loss, or I'd have had no chance, lol. So just do what exercise you can, but really concentrate on the dietary side of things. :) xx

Hi Tracy.

It can be really painful when just moving normally but I agree just doing the food side will work, I will try mild exercise but I know I cannot do what others do.

Hopefully when I lose a bit the pain will ease.

xxtannyxx said:
Hi Tracy.

It can be really painful when just moving normally but I agree just doing the food side will work, I will try mild exercise but I know I cannot do what others do.

Hopefully when I lose a bit the pain will ease.

Losing weight definitely helps in so mamy respects. I've been told the osteosarthritis won't ever go until I can have a knee replacement though, and they don't routinely do them until you're 60, so I have to wait a while. :) xx

Last edited:
Hi Tanny, I remember you from when you were first on here. I joined your Christmas challenge. Welcome back!

Hiya Krups how you doing?

:)

Oh god yeah the Christmas challenge I remember that lol that must of been like 2-3 years ago maybe.

How you been getting on?

Well Tracy i have been told I will need replacements on both knees but they will not touch them until all the weight is off but if they only do them round the age of 60 then i got a bloody long wait lol

How has everyone's weekend been?

I have had a few to many syns so I will need to be extra good next week.

I have a wedding to go to next Saturday and im dreading it I am not really going to know anyone as its my other half's cousins wedding and I always look like I am dressed for a funeral as always wear black.

Being my size people always seem to stare and it really does make me feel really insecure. So I think I will need a FEW dutch courage s before I go.

Nine years for me until I'm 60, so fingers crossed I can last out that long, lol. They may do them sooner if it's a medical emergency, but because the replacements only last a limited time, they leave it as late as possible. :( xx

Hiya,

Hope the operation all goes ok :) Good luck with the gym, I joined the gym a while ago but haven't been in ages. Most people 'zone in' when they exercise, when I went to the gym I used to 'zone out', watch tv/listen to music as much as possible. I read lots of success stories about people with big losses that end up running a marathon etc. I personally cannot see myself ever enjoying exercise, but you never know once a large bit of weight is lost it may be more enjoyable lol.

I went out last night for the first time in absolutely ages (daren't look up how many syns in a jagerbomb) but at least when i see the scales go up this week I know it will be totally deserved. Next week is going to be a fabulous week though once I get back on plan, hope everyone else had a lovely weekend and has planned a good week ahead xxx

Hiya Krups how you doing?

:)

Oh god yeah the Christmas challenge I remember that lol that must of been like 2-3 years ago maybe.

How you been getting on?

Well Tracy i have been told I will need replacements on both knees but they will not touch them until all the weight is off but if they only do them round the age of 60 then i got a bloody long wait lol

How has everyone's weekend been?

I have had a few to many syns so I will need to be extra good next week.

I have a wedding to go to next Saturday and im dreading it I am not really going to know anyone as its my other half's cousins wedding and I always look like I am dressed for a funeral as always wear black.

Being my size people always seem to stare and it really does make me feel really insecure. So I think I will need a FEW dutch courage s before I go.
What is this christmas challenge then? :)

The Christmas challenge is where for example we set a goal like lose 2 stone before Christmas. And basically the first to get there. It was quite fun as it gave us all something to work towards and if anyone is like me I am very competitive so it made me stick to it more as I wanted to win lol. Who fancies doing one? It don't have to be as much as 2st. What are peoples ideas.

The Christmas challenge is where for example we set a goal like lose 2 stone before Christmas. And basically the first to get there. It was quite fun as it gave us all something to work towards and if anyone is like me I am very competitive so it made me stick to it more as I wanted to win lol. Who fancies doing one? It don't have to be as much as 2st. What are peoples ideas.
I'm sooo in :) sounds fun.. and its a good incentive :)

The lose 2st by Christmas Challenge

OK so I am thinking its just over 11 weeks before Christmas and I think we should set a challenge to lose 2 st before then.

Slimming world say that you can lose 2 st in 10 weeks so I think it should be achievable for us all.

So what we will do is do a table with all our names and every week we can update the table to what we have lost.

I think the first weigh in should be from next week so it will give us all a chance to be good for a whole week.

I know Ghostie is up for this is anyone else interested.

I might do this as a new thread what do you think? or carry it on on this one?

Let me know peeps.

OK so I am thinking its just over 11 weeks before Christmas and I think we should set a challenge to lose 2 st before then.

Slimming world say that you can lose 2 st in 10 weeks so I think it should be achievable for us all.

So what we will do is do a table with all our names and every week we can update the table to what we have lost.

I think the first weigh in should be from next week so it will give us all a chance to be good for a whole week.

Let me know peeps.
Ooh how exciting lol.. can you make the table ect, wouldnt know how to go about doing that haha. Yeah start a new thread.. Come on people, join the challenge :D

Ooh how exciting lol.. can you make the table ect, wouldnt know how to go about doing that haha. Yeah start a new thread.. Come on people, join the challenge :D

I want to join!! Can you let us know when the new thread has been made? X

Let me know peeps.

I would definately be interested, might be the kick up the backside I need! :) xx

Hi all I am Tanya.

I used to be a member quite a few years ago and did pretty well at losing weight even though I did not lose it all.

Well unfortunately I gained back all my weight and more and now start heavier then I was
:(

I am doing the slimming world diet , red days, green days and extra easy.

I would like to hear from anyone who has a lot of weight to lose like me over 14st ( for starters)
:eek:

Anyway looking forward to speaking with you all soon.

xxx

I did have a lot to lose, not quite 14st though. I lost nine and it took me just over a year to get to target. Now I'm just managing to keep within target. About six months now.

(PS. my biggest worry is that i will put it all back on)

Oh wow Gazter that is brilliant well done.

I bet you feel so much better now.

I did lose 6 stone before but put it all back on plus more.

It is very hard to maintain.

I hope you do well.

Oh wow Gazter that is brilliant well done.

I bet you feel so much better now.

I did lose 6 stone before but put it all back on plus more.

It is very hard to maintain.

I hope you do well.

it's the psychological. I find it very frustrating that i cant switch off the plan. Of course i dont need to keep to it, as im just eating to stay the same, not lose a pound or two a week. So i have more treats etc. But I can put a couple of pounds on really easily, and thats not returning to eating anything like i used to eat.

I dont have 'bad weeks', or even 'bad days'. My odd binge is not in the same league as to what i used to eat. I will ration my naughtiness quite strictly.

Back