Thought Id Better Come Back....Who as 10st ++ to lose!!!

Hey all, I recently rejoined and have 10 stone to lose. Been doing it 3 weeks so far and lost 13 1/2lbs. Somehow I can sense its going to get hard from now on in lol. Im hoping to get to club 10 by Christmas, which would be 2 Stone 5 off, so fingers crossed. Good luck, hopefully we can all keep each other motivated :) I also recommend staying for the image therapy bit its nice to have a chat and get ideas and things

Hey all, I recently rejoined and have 10 stone to lose. Been doing it 3 weeks so far and lost 13 1/2lbs. Somehow I can sense its going to get hard from now on in lol. Im hoping to get to club 10 by Christmas, which would be 2 Stone 5 off, so fingers crossed. Good luck, hopefully we can all keep each other motivated :) I also recommend staying for the image therapy bit its nice to have a chat and get ideas and things

No it wont!! Honestly, if you keep to it, dont try to over do it, ie be too strict and not have syns and healthy extras, you should continue to just keep losing.

It gets hard as you get to target, when your body only has a bit to lose.

Of course you can have the plateau, which can happen to anyone. But those good loses can just keep on coming as long as you stick to plan.

Thanks, yeh just taking it as it comes, I know its a journey, its not a diet but a lifestyle change, as long as I lose something every week then im happy. Started walking this week, so hopefully that will help :) You've done fab!

Hi everyone, I did Slimming World last year and managed to lose nearly four stone, but then started working full time and found I didn't have enough time for all the cooking and planning (which I find is the key to success with me) and I managed to put just over 3 stone of it back on, so not completely back to where I started but not far off!
I re-started again nearly four weeks ago and so far have lost 7lbs and have a weigh in tomoz (a sneaky look at the scales is hinting a possible 3lb loss - yay).
I looked at the BMI chart and the top end of the healthy weight for my height is 10st 10lb :eek:, don't think I've been that light in the whole of my adult life lol
To get to that weight would mean a loss of just under 10st, but I feel that at first I would like to aim for around the 12st mark. So far i'm really enjoying the plan and am having things like burger and chips with coleslaw. I am currently not doing any body magic apart from walking the kids to school when I can be bothered, but what I am concerned about, and anyone who has had a big loss might be able to give advice on this, is if I lose a lot of weight will I then have loads of excess saggy skin and if so would doing exercise actually do anything to help???

cande said:
Hi everyone, I did Slimming World last year and managed to lose nearly four stone, but then started working full time and found I didn't have enough time for all the cooking and planning (which I find is the key to success with me) and I managed to put just over 3 stone of it back on, so not completely back to where I started but not far off!
I re-started again nearly four weeks ago and so far have lost 7lbs and have a weigh in tomoz (a sneaky look at the scales is hinting a possible 3lb loss - yay).
I looked at the BMI chart and the top end of the healthy weight for my height is 10st 10lb :eek:, don't think I've been that light in the whole of my adult life lol
To get to that weight would mean a loss of just under 10st, but I feel that at first I would like to aim for around the 12st mark. So far i'm really enjoying the plan and am having things like burger and chips with coleslaw. I am currently not doing any body magic apart from walking the kids to school when I can be bothered, but what I am concerned about, and anyone who has had a big loss might be able to give advice on this, is if I lose a lot of weight will I then have loads of excess saggy skin and if so would doing exercise actually do anything to help???

Hi hon. I've lost 9 stone so far, over two years - and I think that the time period is key when trying to avoid loose skin. Mine isn't too bad at all, considering I'm over 50 with a range of health problems that prevent me from exercising. From having watched loads of weight loss programmes, the main advice is always to lose the weight steadily. Skin issues are more prevalent in those who lose quickly, such as with bariatric surgery or a VLCD. Exercise isn't suppose to be much help, as you can't exercise the skin, obviously, only tone the underlying muscle. Some people say to moisturise/exfoliate etc., but again the experts seem to say this doesn't really help. A lot also depends on your skin type - I avoid the sun, always have done, so my skin's not in bad nick for my age, lol. So, all that rambling really boils down to my main advice being to lose at a rate of 1-2lbs a week, aim to take a couple of years to shift 10 stone, and hopefully your skin should have time to adjust. Good luck! :) xx

Hi hon. I've lost 9 stone so far, over two years - and I think that the time period is key when trying to avoid loose skin. Mine isn't too bad at all, considering I'm over 50 with a range of health problems that prevent me from exercising. From having watched loads of weight loss programmes, the main advice is always to lose the weight steadily. Skin issues are more prevalent in those who lose quickly, such as with bariatric surgery or a VLCD. Exercise isn't suppose to be much help, as you can't exercise the skin, obviously, only tone the underlying muscle. Some people say to moisturise/exfoliate etc., but again the experts seem to say this doesn't really help. A lot also depends on your skin type - I avoid the sun, always have done, so my skin's not in bad nick for my age, lol. So, all that rambling really boils down to my main advice being to lose at a rate of 1-2lbs a week, aim to take a couple of years to shift 10 stone, and hopefully your skin should have time to adjust. Good luck! :) xx

Loose skin is often more a case of pot luck of your genes. Some people have stretchy skin that snaps back, and some dont. Age and scale of course all impact on what hand God has dealt you.

Thank you so much for your reply, I feel much less worried about it now. I have been watching a lot of Fat:The Fight Of My Life and Obsese A Year To Save My Life, both with Jesse Pavelka and the guy I saw last had awfully saggy skin at the end, but fits perfectly with what you said in that they do the diet and 2 hours of exercise 5 days a week and have very quick dramatic losses, I would rather be slow and steady and hopefully not be all baggy.
I often wonder with those programmes what happens to the people afterwards, do they keep the weight off or do they put it back on, coz I think 2 hours a day 5 days a week is a hell of a lot and I just wonder if they are able to keep it up?

Just to add, I weighed this morning and have lost 2lb, which i'm pleased with but also a bit miffed as when I had a cheeky hop on the scales yesterday it was showing a 3lb loss, oh well will keep plodding on.

Thank you so much for your reply, I feel much less worried about it now. I have been watching a lot of Fat:The Fight Of My Life and Obsese A Year To Save My Life, both with Jesse Pavelka and the guy I saw last had awfully saggy skin at the end, but fits perfectly with what you said in that they do the diet and 2 hours of exercise 5 days a week and have very quick dramatic losses, I would rather be slow and steady and hopefully not be all baggy.
I often wonder with those programmes what happens to the people afterwards, do they keep the weight off or do they put it back on, coz I think 2 hours a day 5 days a week is a hell of a lot and I just wonder if they are able to keep it up?

Yes, I love Jesse Pavelka (who wouldn't?!), but they do lose a bit quickly in those programmes. My skin's just a bit saggy and wrinkly - but hey, I'm a very unfit middle aged woman, lol. When you see some of these horror stories on things like Embarrassing Bodies it's very easy to worry, but I can honestly say I couldn't be happier to have lost 9 stone and not have any significant problems with loose skin. So you just keep up the good work, be patient with the speed of losses, and you'll do great! :) xx

Thank you again, I think i'll have to accept the fact that it's going to be the scenic route for me coz i'm too lazy to do loads of exercise. It took years to put it all on, so it might take years to get it off lol!

Back