Thought I'd Share A Poem

Lynn8124

Gold Member
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]I was doing a creative writing class which starts again in a couple weeks and we had to pick from a list of household object to write a poem about so I chose a washing machine.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]I am a Zanussi Washing machine[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]In november I will be fourteen[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]I have been working hard for all these years[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]I've seen lots of joy and a few tears[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]The kids are grown up now[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]The eldest boy fills me with smelly socks[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]At least it's better than that time he filled my drum with rocks[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]The girl used to moan I kept shrinking her best jeans[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Since she's lost the puppy fat they fit her like a dream[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]The Dad didn't know how to use me when I first arrived[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Nowadays he's a 'modern man' and does the laundry with pride[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]The Mum wanted to trade me in recently for the lateset in the Whirlpool line [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Until she saw the prices and suddenly I was fine![/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]I think I'll be around for quite a while to come[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Hold on...whats that rattle in my drum?[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]It sounds like the underwire from a bra[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]No, it's worse than that I sound like an aircraft [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]coming in to land[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]It seems I am checking out sooner than planned! [/FONT]

thats really good, well done x

Ok here's another one

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Oh thanks girls.:):eek: We had to start a short sory with the line they had nothing to say to each other.[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]They had nothing to say to each other. Everything had already been said. Screaming and shouting had been done too. Their marriage was well and truly at an end. Robert's latest affair had been the last straw. Anna knew she had to draw the line somewhere, he had made a fool of her for too long. They had been married 25 years and people used to tell Anna he had cheated on her on the second night of their honeymoon.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Tonight she had calmly crushed up sixty of his heart pills and put them into the Irish stew he was so fond of. He had devoured the plateful and asked for seconds. He ate the seconds plus apple pie and fresh cream. 'What the heck do these younger women see in him?' Anna wondered, bemused.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Hi heart had given out as he was pumping iron at the gym after dinner that evening. Anna had driven straight to the hospital as soon as she got the call from Dr Clements. The good doctor approached and Anna steeled herself for the inevitable. 'I'm sorry Mrs Wilson, we did everything we could.' Anna wondered how many times he had said that in his career.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]She nodded and sniffed. 'I'm sure the £3m life insurance will make up for it' Anna thought and covered up a giggle with a loud sob.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]The end.[/FONT]

Back