Thoughts on SW/dieting while TTC

Funky_Munky

Put the kettle on
Im going to apologise in advance if I start rambling on about this cos Im not really sure how I feel about this all at the moment.

Oh and I are currently TTC. Its all moving a bit quicker than Id expected as my natural AF returned only five weeks after finishing the pill and now I am in a bit of a twilight zone where I cant accurately test but am actively trying. Sorry if TMI so far!

Im just back off my hols where I had a great time ate and drank what I wanted and am now back to 11st for my troubles. I am back onto healthy eating (three meals not all 100% sw but cutting out junk) and will be back onto sw proper in a few days once we use up things in the house. Regardless of what happens I will be following SW because I want to eat healthy to give my body the best chance of concieving and give our kids the best start in life. Plus I feel so massive and sluggish after my hols. Ive been living off activia the last two days!!

So I have about a stone I would like to lose but I feel a bit like whats the point if I am or get pregnant. Surely it will effect my weight someway or another and I dont wanna put too much pressure on myself to lose at the detrement of my health. Then I feel like even if I dont concieve straight away and I lose that stone it will eventually go back on anyway?!

I am seriously thinking of following the plan, while exercising regularly and not weighing myself at all, just focusing about being on plan and letting whatever happens happen. Im not sure if this is a good idea and if it will work for me though. Sometimes without a weight loss incentive I can go awol!! Id appreciate any advice anyone has to offer and well done if you made it through all this!!

Check out the pregnancy and SW sticky in the section above this one, one of the girls is almost due and has only put on 3-4lbs.

I put on 2stone exactly during my pregnancy and was at the weight I started at after I had my son. The wieght gain I've experienced is because I've been eating rubbish POST pregnancy.

If you are a healthy weight then you will find it easier to conceive. There is no need to overeat when pregnant as your calorie intake does not increase until the 3rd trimester and breast feeding. SW emphasises a healthy well balanced diet so even if you do become pregnant soon then it will help and if you don't then you will be 1 stone lighter. A win/win solution. Good luck. :bighug:

Back