Thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by xsarahx, 19 April 2010 Social URL.

1. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hi!

I am generally over on the calorie counting board, and just posted this there too, but thought I might get more ideas from here!

I have been dieting for about 3 weeks now, and had a good weight loss of 7 lbs in the first 2 weeks. I had 2 bad days this week, drinking and eating, and was sure that I would have a bad weigh in.

I have just weighed and have lost a whopping 12lbs!!

I was wondering.... does it make sense that perhaps the heavier you are, the more quickly you lose the first bit of weight? I know that some people say it is "water weight" etc, not that it makes me any less happy! :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CrazyBrit

CrazyBrit Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating
    It's a fact. When you start a diet, you shed the pounds. Then you get where I am - plodding along at around 1lb per week and knowing you've got a year of this ahead.

Fun fun fun! :D

4. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
  5. CrazyBrit

CrazyBrit Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating
    Heehee! Just don't get upset when it slows down. So long as it keeps going down that's all that matters!

6. breadbin

breadbin Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.3%)
    Diet:
    Exercise!!
    well done on the weight loss sarah:) hope it keeps going in the right direction at least however fast or slow!!

7. hchappyh

hchappyh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Diet:
    GoLower
    Sarah its sooo true, the more you have to loose the quicker it comes off at first, but then suddenly wham, it slows right down and you think you are doing something wrong. Beware of this, you are doing nothing wrong it's just the way it goes...as long as you are loosing, that is the most important thing.

Good luck
    xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.