Thread veins - anyone recommend a solution?

magickmel

Loves VLCD's !
OMG - I am getting so vain these days :eek: (No pun intended ! :p )

I have a thread veing that starts by my nose and is starting to move out towards my cheek. I cover it with concealer but it never lasts.:(

I have been looking at ways to get it removed. I went into one place that does ILP I think it was called. They said it was medium sized and would take 3 zaps of this light therapy for £30 each and would probably go but it might take more.

Then I read other sites which say it needs minor surgical stuff to sizzle it so it shrivels up. Feel a bit lost about all this now.

Has anyone had a facial thread vein removed ?

Thanks
Melissa

Nope but im trying an avon product that cost £12 though only been using it a week, its called a laser pen, but its not a laser it has some liquid in it that you pat dry onto your face then moisturise.
I dont know if it will work but im giving it a try.

Nope but im trying an avon product that cost £12 though only been using it a week, its called a laser pen, but its not a laser it has some liquid in it that you pat dry onto your face then moisturise.
I dont know if it will work but im giving it a try.

Oooo, would be really interested to know what happens ! I wonder how that's supposed to work then ? Tell me more !

I have thrown away the leaflet ...lol. But I can remember it saying that it helps to minimise thread veins, blemishes etc. It can take up to a month to notice. Istill have my thread veins under the skin, but they are slightly less noticable. I have also noticed my skin looks smoother.

Will let you know as time goes on. I have inherited my veins from my mum......lol

OMG - I am getting so vain these days :eek: (No pun intended ! :p )

I have a thread veing that starts by my nose and is starting to move out towards my cheek. I cover it with concealer but it never lasts.:(

I have been looking at ways to get it removed. I went into one place that does ILP I think it was called. They said it was medium sized and would take 3 zaps of this light therapy for £30 each and would probably go but it might take more.

Then I read other sites which say it needs minor surgical stuff to sizzle it so it shrivels up. Feel a bit lost about all this now.

Has anyone had a facial thread vein removed ?

Thanks
Melissa

Hi Melissa,

Just wondering could you have Rosacea, as some women have this and don't know they do? Not saying this is what it is, your Doctor would be the best one to confirm this but in the mean time here is a link to a site that explains it a bit further.

Rosacea

Hope this helps.

Love Mini xxx

Hmmm thats interesting as when I have a drink or a curry I get mega hot flushed and my face goes beetroot red. But at most times I just have the red veins on my cheeks, not too bad...but I know they are there.

Hi Melissa,

Just wondering could you have Rosacea, as some women have this and don't know they do? Not saying this is what it is, your Doctor would be the best one to confirm this but in the mean time here is a link to a site that explains it a bit further.

Rosacea

Hope this helps.

Love Mini xxx

I will check with the GP but I just seem to have one quite defined red line starting to travel !:eek: Will go check the link, thanks :)

I've seen them zapping away thread veins on extreme makeover. It's really cool.......you see them get zapped and its gone instantly!! I think it was some sort of light laser?

xx

I've seen them zapping away thread veins on extreme makeover. It's really cool.......you see them get zapped and its gone instantly!! I think it was some sort of light laser?

xx

Yes that's what I am trying to find out about, a light zapper thingy !

IPL! I thought it was ILP- no wonder I couldn't find it !:eek:

That sounds exactly what I am looking for, will go check it out properly, thanks :D

I have always had some of the "spider" thread veins on my face and outer thighs, but since I have gained weight they are popping up everywhere! They are on my breasts, my back thighs, my upper arms! Ick! I'm afraid of having the laser thingie because I don't want my skin damaged and what if it just comes back anyway?

Most cosmetic surgeons will offer you a way of ridding yourself of thread veins. This cosmetic procedure involves injecting your thread veins with what is basically a glorified washing up liquid. This is only a temporary measure and can cost up to many thousands of pounds depending on the severity of your thread veins and can only be carried out up to a maximum of two or three times in your lifetime. In time your thread veins will return.

direct diet online coupons

Most cosmetic surgeons will offer you a way of ridding yourself of thread veins. This cosmetic procedure involves injecting your thread veins with what is basically a glorified washing up liquid. This is only a temporary measure and can cost up to many thousands of pounds depending on the severity of your thread veins and can only be carried out up to a maximum of two or three times in your lifetime. In time your thread veins will return.

I had my thread veins done- it wasn't a laser but he put a needle like thing in which broke the veins up.Thing is - they come back !!! it was the same guy that was on telly too.Looks good for a short amount of time but before you know it they are back.Left my chin lumpy too.Now I've got more on my legs too....

Back