Three songs that move you....

I'm back, I love my music...thought some more on differing 'movements'...funny, sad, happy, get up and dance...so here are [STRIKE]three[/STRIKE] four more:

Funny/anarchistic/rude - Hot Dog by Limp Bizkit
Happy/get up and dance your booty off - Green Onions by Booker T & The MGs
Sad/brings tears to the peepers - Kenji by Fort Minor
Goosebumps - anything by Erik Satie but especially Gnossienes no. 1

There are loads more, will be back again I am sure...

Last edited:
How could I forget Sigur Ros...man they move me no matter what the song...it's goosebumpy stuff!

Only three? :eek:

My Chemical Romance - I'm Not Okay (I Promise)

Matt Nathanson - Then I'll be Smiling

Matt Nathanson - Bent (the acoustic version from the At The Point album - don't like the proper version much, not nearly as much impact.)

at the moment its :

hero x factor finalists

take that ill wait for life

aerosmith dont wanna miss a thing

Fear of the Dark - Iron Maiden
Brave New World - Iron Maiden (this one still gives me goosebumps)
Farewell - Apocalyptica
The Nameless - Slipknot
Hall of the Mountain King - Grieg (Apo's version is FAB too!)

Sorry, there are SO MANY songs that move me in various ways...music is one of those things I probably wouldn't last long without, either listening to or playing myself or even singing...imagine a world without music?

Shame on you!!! I've been crying now for about 10 mins - sniff sniff! Whiskey Lullaby by Brad Paisley!!!! Waaaaagggghhhh! Youtube - waaaaaagggghhhh! I can cry for Scotland anyway cuz I'm such a softie but....... waaaaaghhhhh! xx

wind beneath my wings (bet midler)
running to stand still (u2) run (snow patrol)

Last edited:
Just one ickle q lol. I put in youtube clips using the youtube button ^ and they arent showing up. Would that be because I haven't made enough posts to have that priveledge?

Ok I just copied the actual links over without using the youtube icon.

Yep, think you need the posts and sometimes you need to fiddle the code a bit for it to show, in my meagre experience...

Three more songs...

Apologies to Insect Life - British Sea Power (it makes me want to move and sing and dance and go manic)
F*ck Forever - Babyshambles (I don't think there is a song I sing more loudly to)
Bolero - Ravel (goosebumps man!)

Funeral song has to be Blue Oyster Cult 'Don't fear the Reaper' :) I know it sounds grim but just listen to it, its beautiful :)

I cant think of 3 but i love 'In the Arms of an Angel' xx

Oooh some of Imogen Heap's stuff is goosebumpy...

radiohead- 15 step
pharcyde- runnin' (reminds me of someone i used to be madly in love with in high school...)
nickelback- if everyone cared
soehne mannheims- zurueck zu dir
tarkan- Dilli Düdük
MuteMath- Spotlight
30 seconds to Mars- Was It A Dream, Battle of One, Welcome To The Universe
Springsteen- Devils and dust
Everything by Janis Joplin

can't limit myself to 3 songs- i love loads (i have an itunes playlist with almost 13,000 songs, so u know what i mean:D)

Funeral song has to be Blue Oyster Cult 'Don't fear the Reaper' :) I know it sounds grim but just listen to it, its beautiful :)

i love that one too. blue oyster cult is a classic:) i would also recommend silent lucidity by queensryche.

Back