Thursday Hour X Hour

I am sorry to hear that your OH was involved in 9/11 - it must have been very difficult for you both.

Maybe see you later Corey.

9/11 was (and still is) tough for both of us, especially my OH who lost 69 colleagues, and they only ever recovered 6 bodies. That kind of makes it hard, and as you can imagine the funerals and memorial services were very tough. It also meant that we were having to relive that day for 3 weeks after (sometime 4 times a day) with attending those services. But someone was definately watching over Kevin on that day that's for sure.

Corey that whole thing changed so many lives I am sure.
I cannot begin to imagine what those that were directly affected by it must have gone through.

Sorry about you and your OH having to be in NYC on 9/11. My brother was looked after bu a guardian angel that day as well. He worked for a company split between San Francisco and New York. His NY office was in the Towers, a couple of floors above Cantor Fitzgerald I believe was the company. Fortunately for him he was not there that week, however he lost many many friends and colleagues as well. :(

My best friend Jeannie lost he cousins wife. She was in the first plane to go into the towers. And another friend lsot someone in the plane that went down in the fields. He is actually, or was, one of the main characters in the film....

Seems the laws of 7 degrees of seperation apply here. Almost everyone knows someone who was directly affected, one way or another.

That was one horrific day. :(

But! Your guy is OK, and that is the best part of it. :)

X

I just watched a program about a 16 year old boy in America who weighed over 400 pounds. The program tracked his plight and eventual gastic bypass surgery.

Seeing him returning to high school as just a large boy, rather then a huge boy - well, I have only just dried my eyes.

It's called Obese at 16 and was on Sky Real Lives if you are able to catch it. It was very good.

Bless him. What a scary thing for a young lad to be faced with. ANd he had the most wonderful supportive friends, and after the surgery and a 180 pound loss, he had a girlfriend who was adorable.

So keep your eyes out for it....is worth a watch.

The laws of seperation certainly do apply - especially with a city such as New York, there are so many ex-pats living/working there. We had an apartment that was within a community where 60% of the occupants were from either Europe or other parts of the US. We were lucky in the sense that none of our neighbors were killed, but the managment company lost over 50% of its residents in the wake of 9/11 where people either returned to their native countries or back to their cities of origin within the US. We returned in September 2002 after the new offices in mid town (a block from the Empire State Building) were up and running.

I remember so well how I felt being a mere 6 stone overweight, can you imagine being that young and an extra 100lbs heavier.
I love watching things like that its amazing to see people succeed.

Back