Tickerfactory issue

Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
The problem with TickerFactory is the way they have added security to ensure only valid browsers can get the images. If I try to connect through the server to tickerfactory i get this:

1609866927128.png

Why does MiniMins do this?

For 4 reasons.

First reason the website is secure meaning nothing on the page can be insecure, so to prevent this we download external images.

Second reason is that it reduces load on tickerfactory

Third it prevents ticker factory, or other embedded images collecting statistics from you(and MiniMins) for good or bad reasons.

Fourth if an image is embedded from a site and that site ceases to exist the image is still in the thread.

So what can we do?

The only thing if ticker factory doesn't disable it for the images portion of their site, you need to copy and paste the image. On a computer right click copy, right click press. Apple/Android devices, long press copy image, long press paste when at the signature.

1609867253234.png

This has disadvantages because you will need to keep track of the "Ticker page address" manually.

Pierce

Ive been awol from Minimins and Ticker Factory for more than 2 years. I have the box under my signature saying "please update", where my Ticker Factory used to be. I would like to get rid of it and not use Ticker Factory, but cant work out how! Can anyone help, please?

Solved: It turns out that though I couldn't see it in Edit Mode, there was something there and when highlighted that 'nothing' and then deleted it, the ticker link was erased....

Is anyone else having current problems with Ticker factory. I've been using it for 5 years with no problems and now it's not working. When I click on it to update the link is gone. What am I doing wrong, thanks

Back