Tillymax is trying again

You are too organised :D please come and organise me. I don't even feel awake yet and nearly lunch time

That was yesterdays food :8855:

I will let you know todays food once I've decided it :D

I've had a trying on session. Why do clothes sizes vary so much. I've got clothes in every size in my wardrobe and some fit and some don't. I'm comfortably in a size 20 and even got into a size 18. Ok I couldn't move but at least I got it on :rotflmao:

I tried on stuff that used to fit and guess what it fits again :party0011: The problem is I don't like half of it and can't believe I used to wear it. Don't know what possessed me to buy half of it.

Anyway I've got rid of the stuff that's too big and the stuff I don't like and now I've got hardly anything to wear :eek:

Last edited:
Morning Tilly,
I wish I could be as ruthless as that, my clothes really need sorting, but if they are too small, I keep thinking they will fit me soon, but when that time comes, I don't like them, but then think, perhaps I will like them one day!

Hi Tilly,
I am so happy for you that a lot of your smaller sized clothes fit, like you and everyone else with a weight problem, I had clothes of all sizes and they sat in my wardrobe for years and like you I didn't know why the hell I bought most of them, all I can say is I was obviously possessed by some non fashionable other me :8855: But I did clear them, kept only the ones in smaller sizes that I did like and that would stand the test of time no matter what style was in lol...i.e. jeans and vest tops . Which left my wardrobe and draws empty (I have wardrobes that consists of 2 joined double wardrobes and numerous draws), and what I do now is just buy 2 tops and 2 trousers every time I need new clothes, but they have to last till they start falling down lol and that way I have 1 set to wash and 1 set to wear lol and so far that's keeping me going and i won't buy more until,I get to target. Funny cos I have always hoarded my clothes for when I get back into them or in case I put the weight back on, not any more I will not be putting this weight back on, so they have to go.
It's lovely having someone to give their frank opinions isn't it lol xx

Glad to hear you're shrinking into your old stuff!! :) I'm exactly the same I have 2 brand new pairs of size 18 jeans in my wardrobe with the labels still on that many moons ago I was going to slim into (they aren't even gonna touch the sides at the mo!!! :sign0007:) but I will get into them before christmas and that's a promise!!

Ah yes work, forgot that others do it ...maybe wear the same skirt/trousers (or same 2 pairs) and just change the tops ...I hate wasting money and I am deadly serious about finding a designer to make my shrinking with me clothes lol...although when hubby does washing it often seems he's cornered that market lol xx

tillymax said:
That was yesterdays food :8855:

I will let you know todays food once I've decided it :D

I've had a trying on session. Why do clothes sizes vary so much. I've got clothes in every size in my wardrobe and some fit and some don't. I'm comfortably in a size 20 and even got into a size 18. Ok I couldn't move but at least I got it on :rotflmao:

I tried on stuff that used to fit and guess what it fits again :party0011: The problem is I don't like half of it and can't believe I used to wear it. Don't know what possessed me to buy half of it.

Anyway I've got rid of the stuff that's too big and the stuff I don't like and now I've got hardly anything to wear :eek:

I hear you re: sizes! I recently charity shopped more clothes... in the bag there was size 32, 30,28,26,24, 22, 20 (all too big) yet I put on a 24 this morning that is slightly tight so am now wearing a 22 that's baggy!!! On average I'm about a 20 now, can get into a lot of 18's but not comfortably, and yet some 22/24's in my cupboard are too small still! I don't usually look at labels now :/

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I hear you re: sizes! I recently charity shopped more clothes... in the bag there was size 32, 30,28,26,24, 22, 20 (all too big) yet I put on a 24 this morning that is slightly tight so am now wearing a 22 that's baggy!!! On average I'm about a 20 now, can get into a lot of 18's but not comfortably, and yet some 22/24's in my cupboard are too small still! I don't usually look at labels now :/

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Not looking at labels is probably the best thing to do. I was more shocked at some of the things I used to wear. At the time I thought they were lovely :8855:

I had spicy chicken, baked potato and salad for tea. It was ok but I won't make it again.

Can you tell that I got some bargain chicken cos it's all I seem to have eaten for ages. I just thought I might as well try out the chicken recipes seeing as I've got chicken - see I'm very logical :)

Hiya Tilly

Lol where did you get your bargain chicken from? I could definately use some myself :D Hope your cravings for choccy buttons has disappeared or have you sucumbed lol Boo xxxx

:8855: you always manage to make me smile. I sorted my wardrobe the other day, most still fits cos still a fatty but I had to throw loads away cos when I tried them on I looked like my Mum :eek: :8855: I wonder why we buy things we don't like really?

Another recipe not to make then the spicy chicken :8855: thanks for trying that one for me too :D

What was the glazed chicken Tilly that sounded nice?

xxxxx

I used to think the reason I bought crap clothes was cos I was relieved that they fit. But as these were smaller clothes it must be cos I have crap taste :8855:

The glazed chicken was quite nice. A bit like sweet n sour without the sour :D but it wasn't too sweet.

Mango Glazed Chicken
serves 4
2 syns each on EE

Ingredients
2lb/908g baby new potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
4 skinless chicken breasts
1 red onion, finely sliced
4 level tbsp Sharwoods Mango Chutney (I used Tescos)
10oz/283g sugar snap peas

Put potatoes, onion and chicken in a roasting tin and season

Mix the mango chutney with 4 tbsp of water and add to the chicken.

Cook for 30-35 minutes at 200c/gas 6. Add the sugar snap peas for the final 5 mins.

Sounds like plain v necks and stretchy trousers are the over weight persons uniform lol...everyone I know wears the same lol
I have to say I am a person that loves colour, the brighter the better, but I do think that all that colour just makes me look bigger, who on earth would want to see me walking down the road in a bright pink top looking like a walking blancmange :8855: xx

Go for what you feel comfortable in. If you feel good you're more confident and that's half the battle.

I'm more a black person. It makes you look slimmer so everyone thinks I'm a size 10 :D

Me too hun, mostly wear black and on occasion I do wear what I want, but honestly I do look in the mirror and all I see is the Michelin man from Ghostbusters, but in pink...not a good combination and definitely a big enticement for the a**holes that love to take the pee ...so for now I'll sit back and hide behind my blacks and whites and greys until the time this butterfly is ready to spread her wings and show the world her lack of colour co-ordination :8855: xx

so for now I'll sit back and hide behind my blacks and whites and greys until the time this butterfly is ready to spread her wings and show the world her lack of colour co-ordination :8855: xx

You crack me up! :rotflmao:

Like the sound of the mango chicken. Sounds pretty simple to do. I LIKE IT. :D

Back