Tillymax is trying again

Hi Tilly,
Sorry to hear about hubby's job, what a worry, know exactly how you feel they did exactly the same thing to my hubby.
31 years he worked for London Transport and then they came said ok you need to reapply for your job, which he did and they even reinterviewed him, after they interviewed him they said ok you've got your job, but in 3 months time you'll be reinterviewed again and that might mean that you won't have a job after that and it's also the last time now that we will be giving redundancy...so you have a choice take redundancy now and go or wait 3 months and see if you get through the interview but if you don't there won't be any redundancy money left so that will be it...so there he was at the age of 58 in the biggest dilemma of his life stay and hope they put him through after the next interview and if they don't leave with nothing, or go now and get the redundancy...so he left took the 31 years redundancy pay and had a few weeks worrying about whether he'd find another job and then my brother employed him as a van driver/storeman on the same money he was on when he left...sounds good but cos my hubby was in upper management my brother matched his wages but not once in the 7 years until his retirement did he give him a pay rise ...still as I said I know how you feel...it was a struggle but we got through it ..sorry for waffling hun ...hope you're having a good day xxx

Oh don't mind me wittering on about his job. We're all fit and healthy so that's the main thing :D

I'm just annoyed that we've gone back to Victorian times when employers can treat people like sh*t. The new company won't be supporting the pension scheme either so I need to bump him off before the 17th October to get his death benefit :8855:

The dog walking is quite easy cos I just let them drag me :) I have to swap which order they go in cos by the time I'm onto the third dog it's a much shorter walk ;)

Work went quite quick today :D I hope that doesn't mean the rest of the week will last much longer than usual. I can't imagine working somewhere where people actually treat you like an adult instead of an idiot. Out of a whole building of people I can think of 2 managers who are relatively normal - the rest have their head up their ar*e :8855:

Food for yesterday 19/09/11

Red Day

Breakfast
Egg Buttie (B) (1 syn)

Dinner
Ham salad sandwich (B)

Tea
Mince and veg (a shepherds pie base really) with cabbage

Snacks
club biscuit (5.5 syns)
mini cheddars (5.5 syns)
pear
banana
eton mess (4.5 syns)
fibre plus bar (6 syns) I forgot I'd already had my B so went over syns today :rolleyes:

Syns for the day

Syns for the week
35.5/105

Hiya Tilly just popping by to see how you are Catch up with you soon Boo xx

Hi hun, I think it's gone back to Victorian times cos they know they can have the pick of the crop because of all the unemployed, so therefore they treat you like sh*t, knowing that you don't have much choice but to knuckle down if you want to stay employed...it's a shame that people have to be so ruthless after all it's only money...oh and by the way if you want a hand bumping hubby off my rates are reasonable :D xxx

Hi hun, I think it's gone back to Victorian times cos they know they can have the pick of the crop because of all the unemployed, so therefore they treat you like sh*t, knowing that you don't have much choice but to knuckle down if you want to stay employed...it's a shame that people have to be so ruthless after all it's only money...oh and by the way if you want a hand bumping hubby off my rates are reasonable :D xxx

That made me laugh out loud again :8855:

I'm getting the worried looks from my son again :eek:

I'm back from drama. Well daughters been to drama and that involves even more walking for us both. We have a 5 minute walk to the bus stop then when we get there we have a 15 minute walk to the drama place and then I walk back for 15 minutes to Morrisons and I spend about 45 minutes walking around there and then reverse it all to come home.

I got more fruit and stocked up on quark cos my Tesco don't sell that. I also got some velvet crunch cos for the past 2 weeks Tescos haven't had them either. I really do think they watch what I buy and then stop selling it just to try and upset me :(

When Emma came home from college today she said they had to talk about someone who was a superhero to them and when she was asked who was her superhero she said it's my mum :eek: The lecturer said that's lovely but what does she do that makes her a superhero (and no I don't wear my knickers over my trousers :8855:). Emma said she does everything. She makes me happy when I'm sad, she makes me feel safe when I'm afraid, she makes my life stress free, she loves me for who I am and she is always proud of everything I do. She listens to me day or night. The lecturer said I want you to tell your mum what you've said today. She said I'm a mum and although we know our children love us sometimes we need to hear it. So as you can see Emma did tell me and I've quoted what she said. I was so amazed that tears started coming down my face. Emma said I knew I shouldn't have told you cos you're stupid :8855:

Oh well it was nice while it lasted :D

Awww that was really sweet, what a lovely daughter you have and I love the fact she got all sloppy and when YOU cry she gets stroppy ...love teenagers :8855: xxxx

P.S. Please stop I can't laugh any more today...I don't have a clue what you look like, but I have what I think you look like in my head with your Superman knickers on...another F*cked up dream again tonight then :giggle: xxxx

:8855: :8855: :8855: :8855: :8855: :8855: :8855: :8855: :8855:

That made me spit my coffee, just as I read that Mal walked in the door and said Glad someone can make you laugh and walked out again :8855: :8855: :8855: :8855: :8855: :8855: :8855: :8855:
xxx

Has your daughter had a new phone out of you yet Tilly? lol

Sweet of her though, and typical of a teen to tell you you're stupid for getting emotional about it :rolleyes:

It's nice to hear you've all been rolling about with laughter. I've had a bit of a crap moody day since mid-afternoon so it makes me smile to think of you all making y'families think you're going mental laughing at your pcs :)

Lo you really need to go to Jackie's diary and read up on the Ladycare and then read all the replies about it and especially Crumble's...I swear if you can read that without peeing yourself you're a better woman than me...that was about 3 or 4 this afternoon and I am still giggling my head off about it now and it's nearly midnight lol xxx

Still laughing my head off and it's now 10.15pm Thursday :8855: xx

Last edited:
I'll go take a nosy now :)

Gone a bit deaf with an ear infection so still a little cranky this morning. Hope it stays dry today as then I can enjoy the walk out to school this afternoon and kick up some autumn leaves :D

When Emma came home from college today she said they had to talk about someone who was a superhero to them and when she was asked who was her superhero she said it's my mum :eek: The lecturer said that's lovely but what does she do that makes her a superhero (and no I don't wear my knickers over my trousers :8855:). Emma said she does everything. She makes me happy when I'm sad, she makes me feel safe when I'm afraid, she makes my life stress free, she loves me for who I am and she is always proud of everything I do. She listens to me day or night. The lecturer said I want you to tell your mum what you've said today. She said I'm a mum and although we know our children love us sometimes we need to hear it. So as you can see Emma did tell me and I've quoted what she said. I was so amazed that tears started coming down my face. Emma said I knew I shouldn't have told you cos you're stupid :8855:

Oh well it was nice while it lasted :D

do you know I can't read any further as my screen is blurry and that made me sob :cry: :cry: what a lovely lovely thing to say sweetheart and well deserved. Thats just so fab she feels like that and its made my day :D

I do however have visions of you running around at work with large knickers over your trousers and getting stuck to the filing cabinet with a ladycare :8855:

Morning Tilly, hope you're having a good day xx

:8855: :8855: :8855: :8855: :8855: :8855: :8855: :8855: :8855:

That made me spit my coffee, just as I read that Mal walked in the door and said Glad someone can make you laugh and walked out again :8855: :8855: :8855: :8855: :8855: :8855: :8855: :8855:
xxx

:8855:Don't they get sulky when you have a bit of a life without them :8855:

Has your daughter had a new phone out of you yet Tilly? lol :)

:8855:I hadn't thought of that. She's got her phone so that means she's no need to be nice to me anymore so she must have meant it :D

do you know I can't read any further as my screen is blurry and that made me sob :cry: :cry: what a lovely lovely thing to say sweetheart and well deserved. Thats just so fab she feels like that and its made my day :D

I do however have visions of you running around at work with large knickers over your trousers and getting stuck to the filing cabinet with a ladycare :8855:

Oh I might do that tomorrow to kill the boredom :8855:

It's blooming cold here. I think I might put my gloves on tomorrow.

Son went back to uni today for about an hour and then he doesn't go back now til next week :eek: He got free bacon butties and sweets.

It's a bit sad really cos at both uni and college they treat them all grown up and ask their opinions and listen to them but when they go to work they'll be talked to like they're idiots :8855:

OMG Tilly I forgot to wee before I came into your diary :8855: that made me laugh so much and spurt my drink everywhere :8855:

I am still treated like an idiot and I'm self employed :rolleyes: lol

Free Bacon butties and sweets :eek: mmmmmmmmm I can't have bacon its a green day :cry:

Back