Time of Month weight gain?

I truly feel your pain I gained 1lb this week as my period was due weigh in day I was gutted as I'd been really good! Best thing to do is not to worry about and move on to the next week where you will probably loose more! Xxx good luck!

Hi there,
I seem to always STS when I am on TOTM. I get quite bloated so it does seem to affect me. It's difficult to say as we are all different, some people still lose weight on TOTM. I'd try not to worry about it, if you STS or gain you know it is due to TOTM and will be off again when it finishes. Good luck for your 2nd WI x

Last TOTM I had my first weight gain since starting SW. I put on 1.5 but then lost 4 the following week. I came off depo provera last year (put on 2 stone while on it!) and my periods are only just back to normal.

Last week was star week and I lost a pound but was expecting more and so I hope to see extra off this week (my own scales suggest a good loss of 3 or 4lb).

So yes it can distort weight for any one week but should balance out.

Last TOTM I had my first weight gain since starting SW. I put on 1.5 but then lost 4 the following week. I came off depo provera last year (put on 2 stone while on it!) and my periods are only just back to normal.

Last week was star week and I lost a pound but was expecting more and so I hope to see extra off this week (my own scales suggest a good loss of 3 or 4lb).

So yes it can distort weight for any one week but should balance out.

Oooh, someone else who's been on depo! I came off mine last January (09) and my periods still haven't gotten back to normal. Very frustrating!! I kinda know the reasons why, but it's still annoying :p

The same thing happened to me last week was only my second week. Week 1 i had a 6lb loss, week 2 a 2 pound gain! (* week and been to the races). This week - my weigh in is also a tuesday date i am SO worried because i have been on a hen weekend this weekend and drunk a lot, i tried to have no syns all week to help, but i am so worried. I was heartbroken last week after my gain.

What do you guys do about drinking and social situations? Do you think Wine is worse that gin and slim? I know you will say just don't go mad, but 6 of my best friends are getting married this year and have all the hen dos and weddings, where all my uni friends love to have a drink and so do i!

Anyone got any tips?

Wooo! Well done hun! 3lb is a fabulous loss :)

Dotty - as a rule, spirits are better than wine as there's only 2.5 syns per 25ml. Personally I would either try to only have 5 syns per day for most of the week, then have the rest of your syns for alcohol at the hen do's/weddings. 70 syns would get you 28 normal size shots of vodka, so not too bad! :D Either that or flexi syn days, and then just carry on as normal. You're not guaranteed a loss if you have flexi syn days, but at least it reduces the "Oh crap, I've messed up" feeling! :)

Sian xxx

I had my period last week and gained 5lbs. All you ca do is drink water and try to not let it get you down. It will soon go down :)

Oooh, someone else who's been on depo! I came off mine last January (09) and my periods still haven't gotten back to normal. Very frustrating!! I kinda know the reasons why, but it's still annoying :p

Its a nightmare isn't it. I didn't have a period for about a year after my last jab and then had two in two weeks, then nothing for 3 months (thought I was preggers at one point!) and now I have just had two back on track ie. four weeks apart. All in all its taken 18 months to get them back to normal.

Back