Time to admit defeat? It's just not gonna work for me!

Hi,
You can have a cooked brekky ie bacon eggs sausages (no or low carb ones)etc, but I just cant stomach a cooked brekky more than once or twice a week. So I make my own protein shake with soya milk (the light one has very low carbs 0.2) as you cant use normal one, and then my hubby buys the protein online from myprotein, its quite cheap as far as buying shakes go, I then bought a small pouch of both the chocolate and strawberry powdered flavouring they sell, so that I didnt have to drink plain bland shakes, its really lovely, but you dont use as much as they tell you as they are really sweet. I then added a heaped teaspoon of heaped flaxmeal (basically almost pure fibre) you dont have to do this, but I thought if I was missing the fibre from my grains I was not having then at least Im getting it this way. And so its a little bit grainy with the flax in it, but I quite like it. I am quite often over on the atkins board looking for recipes (mims - do a search, very interesting!) so if you need to know anything just pop over there or message me. Im not trying to push u one way or the other, but I still look at the ww board to see how everyone is getting on with pp, and saw your post and sounded like me, and as I said I am only week one of this, so early days, but so happy with the loss and not hungry, which is a big thing for me, not bloated, in fact my belly seems to be disapprearing :D, and just generally enjoying it. I am realistic though and know that at some stage I will want to eat more 'normally' but for the moment this is working to get rid of my bulk, so Ill stick with it as long as I can/want to, then see where I go...:)

Hi,
You can have a cooked brekky ie bacon eggs sausages (no or low carb ones)etc, but I just cant stomach a cooked brekky more than once or twice a week. So I make my own protein shake with soya milk (the light one has very low carbs 0.2) as you cant use normal one, and then my hubby buys the protein online from myprotein, its quite cheap as far as buying shakes go, I then bought a small pouch of both the chocolate and strawberry powdered flavouring they sell, so that I didnt have to drink plain bland shakes, its really lovely, but you dont use as much as they tell you as they are really sweet. I then added a heaped teaspoon of heaped flaxmeal (basically almost pure fibre) you dont have to do this, but I thought if I was missing the fibre from my grains I was not having then at least Im getting it this way. And so its a little bit grainy with the flax in it, but I quite like it. I am quite often over on the atkins board looking for recipes (mims - do a search, very interesting!) so if you need to know anything just pop over there or message me. Im not trying to push u one way or the other, but I still look at the ww board to see how everyone is getting on with pp, and saw your post and sounded like me, and as I said I am only week one of this, so early days, but so happy with the loss and not hungry, which is a big thing for me, not bloated, in fact my belly seems to be disapprearing :D, and just generally enjoying it. I am realistic though and know that at some stage I will want to eat more 'normally' but for the moment this is working to get rid of my bulk, so Ill stick with it as long as I can/want to, then see where I go...:)
just checked the name of the protein he buys as there are loads of different ones on there, and it is just the cheapest one, impact whey protein unflavoured..

You say the amount of exercise isnt budging the scales - what about inches?

How long are you keeping up with the tweaks you are making to the plan? If you only follow a certain tweak for 1 week maybe thats not enough time for it to actually take effect.

If your consultant isnt being helpful, have you thought about another class? There's nothing worse when you feel frustrated than being told to stick with it, it will come off eventually!

Think I'm gonna look at no carb. I eat carb for brekkie, and usually a small pointed treat. Also do sometimes eat carbs, jsut try not to. Don't eat potato or pasta anyway. Eat bread ocassionally. Gonna try and find soem protein shakes for brekkie, then eat lean meats, fish, salad and veg. No rubbish, no carbs. Gonna give this a couple of weeks. I'm taking the kids away on Sunday for a week though, so gonna have to be after this. Be enough sticking to points then. Although, the tweaks I am doing to plan may only last a week. I ahve stuck to WW absolutely for allt his time! No doubt that exercise makes me feel better on so many levels. Including making me feel less 'wobbly'.

Owww I'm sorry to hear ur feeling like this!!

I used to use the depo injection but after 1 year switched to the Yasmin pill and put on A LOT of weight, maybe speak to ur doctor about this???

I have also done "Cambridge diet" and as great as they are I have found that everytime I have started st square 1!

I know the feeling about putting on at ur meeting I went after a 100% weekend and put 0.5lbs on but my C said I'd done to much exercise and not ate the points and also that I hadn't used enough of my weeklies as it's the food that burn the cals?!

I hope this helps!

Xx

People say athat jubarlater, but I ahve tried eating more, and eating my weekies, and I just put on. Next week I will probably eat weeklies, as I am going away. I will also change my exercise. As I'm away with the kids, there'll be no running, but we are taking the bikes, and doing lots of walking. I hope. So we will see then.

Back